Post Draft Free Agent Signings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Draft Free Agent Signings

phinsforlife

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
At this point I think they are going to have to do some stuff. WR, Guard, Other? What and who and for how much? As of now they have $3mm of cap space, will get another $16mm from Xavien Howard June 1, then maybe more from any other deals/restructurings they do (Tua, etc). Given not a huge draft class, they might need to only reserve $6-$8mm for the draft class and in season contingencies. At the end of the day it seems like they might have between $10mm to $20mm to play with.

personally i would sign a guard first. risner i guess assuming we can get a decent deal. not perfect, but about as good as we can do. then i would use the leftover $ on a WR3, if can get someone decent for the money we have. if not, we have to ride with what we got. however, it seems the dolphins are inclined to do WR first, and it sounds like it might be OBJ. i dont like prioritizing WR over guard, and if we do, i would take Boyd over OBJ.

At this point I think they are going to have to do some stuff. WR, Guard, Other? What and who and for how much? As of now they have $3mm of cap space, will get another $16mm from Xavien Howard June 1, then maybe more from any other deals/restructurings they do (Tua, etc). Given not a huge draft class, they might need to only reserve $6-$8mm for the draft class and in season contingencies. At the end of the day it seems like they might have between $10mm to $20mm to play with.

Van Roten would be a very, very good signing.

personally i would sign a guard first. risner i guess assuming we can get a decent deal. not perfect, but about as good as we can do. then i would use the leftover $ on a WR3, if can get someone decent for the money we have. if not, we have to ride with what we got. however, it seems the dolphins are inclined to do WR first, and it sounds like it might be OBJ. i dont like prioritizing WR over guard, and if we do, i would take Boyd over OBJ.
Absolutely all day every day. OBJ in Miami is a problem waiting to happen.

Also 1000% agree why we’re prioritizing another WR over the huge glaring hole we have at Guard.

I’ve said it a couple times already… you don’t build football teams from the outside in… you build from the inside out.

Seems we’re taking the Matt Millen in Detroit approach and we all remember how that worked out for Detroit.

This team is soft for a reason. Bc as you said we prioritize skill over the trenches and then wonder why we can’t do anything late in the season when it’s cold and we need it most.

This team is all finesse and that’s great when it’s September and October but when Thanksgiving rolls around you got to be able to line up and run the football and play physical. You would think the last 2 late season swoons would have shown that to Mike but nope. We just need more skill guys and speed. The h*ll with protecting Tua.

Also 1000% agree why we’re prioritizing another WR over the huge glaring hole we have at Guard.

I’ve said it a couple times already… you don’t build football teams from the outside in… you build from the inside out.

Seems we’re taking the Matt Millen in Detroit approach and we all remember how that worked out for Detroit.

This team is soft for a reason. Bc as you said we prioritize skill over the trenches and then wonder why we can’t do anything late in the season when it’s cold and we need it most.

This team is all finesse and that’s great when it’s September and October but when Thanksgiving rolls around you got to be able to line up and run the football and play physical. You would think the last 2 late season swoons would have shown that to Mike but nope. We just need more skill guys and speed. The h*ll with protecting Tua.
yes agree. that is my other concern about the chop robinson pick. one more speed and finesse guy, that lacks strength. even if he turns out ok, i wonder how effective on the road and in the cold, especially when footing is less good. i would have liked to have seen us get bigger and nastier in the trenches. instead we seem to be drafting alot of speed and finesse type players again. there is a happy medium, and i think we are indexing too much to one side of it

ps maybe some hope if they are particularly high on the slot WR they took late, they will re-direct their efforts in FA and prioritize guard now

Anyone know why someone hasnt signed Risner? I mean hes not great, but certainly serviceable.

yes agree. that is my other concern about the chop robinson pick. one more speed and finesse guy, that lacks strength. even if he turns out ok, i wonder how effective on the road and in the cold, especially when footing is less good. i would have liked to have seen us get bigger and nastier in the trenches. instead we seem to be drafting alot of speed and finesse type players again. there is a happy medium, and i think we are indexing too much to one side of it
Fully agree with everything you said.

And when we’re sitting here in December and January after getting punched in the face by Baltimore or whoever again then we’ll see how many posters are starting to feel the same way.

This roster is loaded. No idea what you guys are talking about. Our worst starter on offense is a right guard who was a second round pick and is still on his rookie contract. Our worst starter on defense is a nose tackle who had 8 TFLs last season. We are deep across the board. We are elite at edge rusher, in the secondary, at QB, at RB, and at WR.

Add OBJ and a veteran guard and call it an offseason.

You realize OBJ hasn't been a problem for years now right? This is a much different person than the star diva WR he used to be. He's older now, seems like he has matured quite a bit

You realize OBJ hasn't been a problem for years now right? This is a much different person than the star diva WR he used to be. He's older now, seems like he has matured quite a bit
Bc he’s been in Cleveland and Baltimore. The LA thing was good from him but he didn’t spend much time there.

Also he did absolutely zilch for Baltimore. Waste of cap space if you ask me. I also didn’t necessarily mean he’d be a problem off the field even though I have my concerns that he will. He’s the kind of guy that has issues when he doesn’t get the football even if it’s not publicly said.

I just think he brings nothing to the table that we don’t already have.

As you yourself just said… this ain’t the same star WR the Giants had.

Unfortunately he is also different ON the field.

Back
Top Bottom