Post Draft Free Agent Signings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Draft Free Agent Signings

Risner really would be a great signing for us

I know added a bunch of safeties late… still wouldn’t be another vet

Similar at wr.. added more small guys. OBJ or Boyd on the cheap would be okay

in my view neither of those 3 is sufficient. eichenberg has shown very little to date. wynn is a huge injury risk. he was a good pass blocker but a terrible run blocker as well (might have it backward i just remember he was good at one bad at the other), and this driscoll kid is another swiss army type career backup that moves between tackle and guard. my hope was we could do better. there was a reason alot of folks were expecting them to draft iol and highly at that, because what we have really does not seem compelling. you could get by with it, sure, but it feels uncompelling
Driscoll will be better off if we can focus him at guard I bet. I’d rather see him out there than eich probably

700 yards in todays game isn’t as big a deal as it used to be. Who cares about a play he made against us when we lost what 56-13?

They didn’t need that one play to beat us and let’s be honest… lots of WRs did that same thing to us.

He was a non factor when it mattered most as usual in the playoffs. My brother is a huge Giants fan a can’t stand OBJ so I’m as familiar with him as anybody.

I will say if we do sign him and he wins us even one game then he will have done his job although I have my doubts.
It's very good for a WR3, which he was in Balt and he will be in Miami. I think Magic Mike could be a little smarter when it comes to what his offense needs than any of us are. Even you kemo sabe. If he wants OBJ, and a contract agreement can be reached, that is a good thing.

well this bodes well for our 6th round pick. clearly a mcdaniel pick. he had the same reaction last year with achane, also clearly his guy. could mean they now feel set at WR, and will prioritize guard in what remains of FA:

This roster is loaded. No idea what you guys are talking about. Our worst starter on offense is a right guard who was a second round pick and is still on his rookie contract. Our worst starter on defense is a nose tackle who had 8 TFLs last season. We are deep across the board. We are elite at edge rusher, in the secondary, at QB, at RB, and at WR.

Add OBJ and a veteran guard and call it an offseason.

I agree. Give me another vet safety as well and we are good to go. Simmons, Diggs, Walker.

Everything you said is correct.

Now… back to reality… do you truly believe they’ll do that? Get home field advantage? Do you truly believe we’ll stay healthy at the important spots all year long? Honest questions no condescension
Well last year, had two games gone our way--and there were at least two that could have--the Fins would been the 1 seed I believe. This year the talent is arguably better assuming Phillips and Chubb return undiminished. And there will probably be some second wave free agents and UDFA surprises that further improve things.

Meanwhile it is possible that the Jets have leapfrogged the Bills talent wise. On paper I oredict Miami edges both of those teams. All are are health dependent but I know that's cliche and universal

Long story short I think it is not unrealistic that the Fins at least win the division if they stay reasonably healthy. Depth is better this year and more positions have been upgraded than downgraded. McD and Tua will be better after another offseason. Weaver could easily be an upgrade over what Fangio gave us. I am optimistic but don't think delusional.

Last edited:
in my view neither of those 3 is sufficient. eichenberg has shown very little to date. wynn is a huge injury risk. he was a good pass blocker but a terrible run blocker as well (might have it backward i just remember he was good at one bad at the other), and this driscoll kid is another swiss army type career backup that moves between tackle and guard. my hope was we could do better. there was a reason alot of folks were expecting them to draft iol and highly at that, because what we have really does not seem compelling. you could get by with it, sure, but it feels uncompelling
Fair. There could be more additions through the second phase of FA. Hunt and Williams are a loss but the holdovers will be better off if only because they enter camp with more clarity around their roles. Brewer should be better in our system than the Titans'. I do not know that even the more highly-regarded IOL prospects would have provided an instant upgrade. Sure I would have liked to to add more but not desperately concerned that the position will be an Achilles heel for this team. I am more worried about health across the roster in general than the talent at at any one position.

Last edited:
This roster is loaded. No idea what you guys are talking about. Our worst starter on offense is a right guard who was a second round pick and is still on his rookie contract. Our worst starter on defense is a nose tackle who had 8 TFLs last season. We are deep across the board. We are elite at edge rusher, in the secondary, at QB, at RB, and at WR.

Add OBJ and a veteran guard and call it an offseason.
Truth. I’m so sick of the stupidity and negativity here. I maintain that MD fans are the most ignorant fans on the planet qnd many reside here. Just stop already.

We’ve made huge improvements on D—HUGE IMPROVEMENTS—at LB , CB, Edge, NT and S. Not even including our new DC and coordinators. On offense we’ve finally added a pass catching TE, a starting C, another really fast RB and depth on the oline. We still need a G and WR3, Chubb and Phillips to get healthy and then let’s roll. Grier has built a powerhouse lineup.

Back
Top Bottom