Post Draft Free Agent Signings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Draft Free Agent Signings

Unfortunately he is also different ON the field.
I don't understand this argument. Of course he's not a star WR anymore, that's why he'd be signing to be the third guy on our team. He would easily be one of the best number threes in the NFL. He was one of the best WRs last year in creating separation per route run which was the issue our WRs had when hill and waddle were banged up and nobody else could separate. He's an ideal fit

Bc he’s been in Cleveland and Baltimore. The LA thing was good from him but he didn’t spend much time there.

Also he did absolutely zilch for Baltimore. Waste of cap space if you ask me. I also didn’t necessarily mean he’d be a problem off the field even though I have my concerns that he will. He’s the kind of guy that has issues when he doesn’t get the football even if it’s not publicly said.

I just think he brings nothing to the table that we don’t already have.

As you yourself just said… this ain’t the same star WR the Giants had.
700 yards plus for the year and that big play against us said he did zilch? I think you're talking about the older version. My wife is a giant fan and I couldn't stand him back then, from what I heard he has clean that up. He's not my favorite but do I think he can help us, yes I do.

I don't understand this argument. Of course he's not a star WR anymore, that's why he'd be signing to be the third guy on our team. He would easily be one of the best number threes in the NFL. He was one of the best WRs last year in creating separation per route run which was the issue our WRs had when hill and waddle were banged up and nobody else could separate. He's an ideal fit
I am not against bringing Beckham in, just trying to temper expectations a little bit.

He has not been a difference maker for a while, he had his moments with LA but he has about 100 catches in the last 4 seasons(5 years) combined.

700 yards plus for the year and that big play against us said he did zilch? I think you're talking about the older version. My wife is a giant fan and I couldn't stand him back then, from what I heard he has clean that up. He's not my favorite but do I think he can help us, yes I do.
700 yards in todays game isn’t as big a deal as it used to be. Who cares about a play he made against us when we lost what 56-13?

They didn’t need that one play to beat us and let’s be honest… lots of WRs did that same thing to us.

He was a non factor when it mattered most as usual in the playoffs. My brother is a huge Giants fan a can’t stand OBJ so I’m as familiar with him as anybody.

I will say if we do sign him and he wins us even one game then he will have done his job although I have my doubts.

Absolutely all day every day. OBJ in Miami is a problem waiting to happen.

Also 1000% agree why we’re prioritizing another WR over the huge glaring hole we have at Guard.

I’ve said it a couple times already… you don’t build football teams from the outside in… you build from the inside out.

Seems we’re taking the Matt Millen in Detroit approach and we all remember how that worked out for Detroit.

This team is soft for a reason. Bc as you said we prioritize skill over the trenches and then wonder why we can’t do anything late in the season when it’s cold and we need it most.

This team is all finesse and that’s great when it’s September and October but when Thanksgiving rolls around you got to be able to line up and run the football and play physical. You would think the last 2 late season swoons would have shown that to Mike but nope. We just need more skill guys and speed. The h*ll with protecting Tua.
Barring injury you can write Wynn and Eich/Driscoll in sharpee as starting guards; at most one other IOL will make the roster for depth. None of those 3 were playing OG during the late season swoon.

What Miami needs to do is stay healthy, blast their opponents when the weather is fair, win home field advantage and not worry about that cold stuff in the playoffs.

yes agree. that is my other concern about the chop robinson pick. one more speed and finesse guy, that lacks strength. even if he turns out ok, i wonder how effective on the road and in the cold, especially when footing is less good. i would have liked to have seen us get bigger and nastier in the trenches. instead we seem to be drafting alot of speed and finesse type players again. there is a happy medium, and i think we are indexing too much to one side of it
Win the division, be the 1 or 2 seed and you don't have to worry about the weather. You know like if we would've beaten the Titans or Bills last year

700 yards in todays game isn’t as big a deal as it used to be. Who cares about a play he made against us when we lost what 56-13?

They didn’t need that one play to beat us and let’s be honest… lots of WRs did that same thing to us.

He was a non factor when it mattered most as usual in the playoffs. My brother is a huge Giants fan a can’t stand OBJ so I’m as familiar with him as anybody.

I will say if we do sign him and he wins us even one game then he will have done his job although I have my doubts.
Is there anyone out there who could inspire you to be happy?

Barring injury you can write Wynn and Eich/Driscoll in sharpee as starting guards; at most one other IOL will make the roster for depth. None of those 3 were playing OG during the late season swoon.

What Miami needs to do is stay healthy, blast their opponents when the weather is fair, win home field advantage and not worry about that cold stuff in the playoffs.
in my view neither of those 3 is sufficient. eichenberg has shown very little to date. wynn is a huge injury risk. he was a good pass blocker but a terrible run blocker as well (might have it backward i just remember he was good at one bad at the other), and this driscoll kid is another swiss army type career backup that moves between tackle and guard. my hope was we could do better. there was a reason alot of folks were expecting them to draft iol and highly at that, because what we have really does not seem compelling. you could get by with it, sure, but it feels uncompelling

Everything you said is correct.

Now… back to reality… do you truly believe they’ll do that? Get home field advantage? Do you truly believe we’ll stay healthy at the important spots all year long? Honest questions no condescension

Back
Top Bottom