Post Draft Free Agent Signings | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Draft Free Agent Signings

Certain coaching staffs seem to endure more injuries???
Now I've heard it all. This is beyond negative, it just makes no sense.

What are these coaches doing, exactly, to endure more injuries???
We have signed some injury prone players and have had vets like X struggle to stay healthy but injuries are largely the product of bad luck and predicting we're going to have a lot more in 2024 is kinda ridiculous and counter productive.
I mean, you kinda outlined a few reasons in your reply there. Some coaches/GMs prefer keeping more older vets that may have more frequent breakdowns. Some are willing to gamble more with injury history to gain value. **coughs** Some feel differently about off days & conditioning science. Some are all about fast dudes with baby deer legs. **coughs again**

Apparently, they both have guaranteed $. In the case of the punter, he was a FA and we just gave him the contract.
In my opinion, that was one of Grier's worst moves all offseason. I would have never re-signed Bailey.

I should have explained it better. But I have tracked injuries for our last three coaches. Gase Flores and McDaniel. The correlation is that both coaches who coached on the offensive side of ball endured more injuries. Now I don’t know why. I really don’t. But I been trying to research it to figure it out. But nothing conclusive so far.

All three of these staffs have struggled with soft tissue injuries. Thar is a fact and numbers can show that. But I won’t bog down my entire message with that.

Let me give you a specific example. Davonte Parker was on the injury report for soft tissue injured with Flores and gase. When he went to New England he really wasn’t healthy either. But he never once appeared on their report for soft tissue injury. I been writing some blogs recently and would like to explore this more. But one thing is clear. We have a problem with the amount of soft tissue injuries in Miami. But overall out of the last three coaches we had. Flores endured the least amount of injuries. Is it the way they run camp or conditioning. ? I can’t pretend to know. But it is not luck. And please don’t tell me all teams have injuries. Because I actually have the stats to prove that several teams the last two years have stayed very healthy. Teams like the Texans browns ravens chargers pats and Miami have been hit hard last year and year before. Teams like the Steelers and lions have been healthy recently. I don’t believe in luck. That is for posters to just say without doing any research.
What were all the soft tissue injuries last season? I can't really think of one.

In my opinion, that was one of Grier's worst moves all offseason. I would have never re-signed Bailey.
I have a theory here...

Bailey is better than most at directional punting. He's good at putting the ball where he wants it... yes, he shanks a couple each year, but I think his directional punting appeals to Miami and it's risk-adverse take on special teams.

As corroborating data, I would add Sanders kicking deep on KOs and retaining Berrios and his sure hands.

I should have explained it better. But I have tracked injuries for our last three coaches. Gase Flores and McDaniel. The correlation is that both coaches who coached on the offensive side of ball endured more injuries. Now I don’t know why. I really don’t. But I been trying to research it to figure it out. But nothing conclusive so far.

All three of these staffs have struggled with soft tissue injuries. Thar is a fact and numbers can show that. But I won’t bog down my entire message with that.

Let me give you a specific example. Davonte Parker was on the injury report for soft tissue injured with Flores and gase. When he went to New England he really wasn’t healthy either. But he never once appeared on their report for soft tissue injury. I been writing some blogs recently and would like to explore this more. But one thing is clear. We have a problem with the amount of soft tissue injuries in Miami. But overall out of the last three coaches we had. Flores endured the least amount of injuries. Is it the way they run camp or conditioning. ? I can’t pretend to know. But it is not luck. And please don’t tell me all teams have injuries. Because I actually have the stats to prove that several teams the last two years have stayed very healthy. Teams like the Texans browns ravens chargers pats and Miami have been hit hard last year and year before. Teams like the Steelers and lions have been healthy recently. I don’t believe in luck. That is for posters to just say without doing any research.
I fully agree with this.

It’s not just bad luck. Yes bad luck is involved but as you said… we’ve had massive injury issues the past 2 seasons…

What makes this year coming any different? Bc people are banking on the fact that it was just bad luck and our luck can’t possibly be as bad again? Were the Miami Dolphins… bad luck follows us around like herpes lol.

I have a theory here...

Bailey is better than most at directional punting. He's good at putting the ball where he wants it... yes, he shanks a couple each year, but I think his directional punting appeals to Miami and it's risk-adverse take on special teams.

As corroborating data, I would add Sanders kicking deep on KOs and retaining Berrios and his sure hands.
Maybe, but I think you could do just as well at punter for even less money than he got.

I fully agree with this.

It’s not just bad luck. Yes bad luck is involved but as you said… we’ve had massive injury issues the past 2 seasons…

What makes this year coming any different? Bc people are banking on the fact that it was just bad luck and our luck can’t possibly be as bad again? Were the Miami Dolphins… bad luck follows us around like herpes lol.
It was pure bad luck. It started in training camp when Ramsey tore cartilage in his knee. Then, Miami lost four offensive linemen all because they got rolled up on from behind. Chubb and Philips tore ligaments without making contact, Hill gets horse collared and twists an ankle, Howard lands awkward and injures his foot, and Holland finds himself in an awkward position trying to make a tackle and sprains booth knees. Baker gets hit by his own man and sprains his knee and in his first game back he breaks his hand. How are any of these injuries other than just plain bad luck?

I don’t know the exact answer to why we have injuries the way we have bc as you said 2022 was awful as well.

Maybe it’s the strength and conditioning or maybe it’s the heat in Miami or maybe we’re just soft as charmin tissue or maybe it’s something else altogether.

I tend to lean towards how soft we are bc of how we’re built. It’s pure finesse and we’ve done nothing this offseason to address that.

As I’ve said bc I’ve learned watching it the past 2 years… all that speed is great when it’s hot and warm on game day but when Thanksgiving rolls around and it gets cold and we’re lining up across from Baltimore or SF or somebody that plays a physical brand of football we have no answer from the opening snap.

We are pure 100% finesse and that’s fine until as I said we run up against somebody like Baltimore that just pummels us with physicality.
i think for better or for worse, grier does not believe in the notion of "injury prone" and drafts and signs a lot of players that are in fact, injury prone. tyreek hill, takes a beating, rarely hurt. armstead gets hurt taking a shower. we have a fair bit of armsteads. not sure if they really dont believe in the notion of injury prone, or they think they get value because they are able to sign players that other teams pass on due to injury risk. chubb was interesting, we still paid thru the nose for him (draft capital and salary) knowing his injury history, so maybe they really do believe it is all random. i disagree. i think there is a big genetic component to it. isiah wynn another great example of injury prone. has been his whole career, other teams wouldnt touch him, we did, twice now.

Last edited:

OK, so we have more soft tissue injuries because of the coaching staff? Where is the proof of that? You have a theory without any evidence right now.
DeVante Parker was/is a guy who always seemed to be nursing some sort of leg injury. Xavien Howard in his latter years in Miami seemed to be the same way. Mostert is often banged up, nothing new for him or for many running backs who take shots to their legs on nearly every tackle they absorb. Armstead usually makes the injury report with leg, hip, or knee issues. He was often injured in NO and that's one of the reasons the Saints didn't re-sign him but the most serious injuries we suffered last year were knee and Achilles injuries and no coach or training staff can prevent them, as stated they are a product of bad luck.

I can't honestly think of one thing that Brian Flores did better than the current coaching staff so to credit Flores with keeping his players healthier than the current regime is wishful thinking. Maybe Flores reported fewer injuries or demanded that his players play through injuries more than McD does. Maybe bringing in older vets to play OL or DB skews the injury stats, I don't know.

I have a theory here...

his aim was quite good on this kick, although he certainly outkicked his coverage, except now her name is bailey bailey!!!! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/n...iley-engaged-nicole-girlfriend-fans-name.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom