Post Draft Free Agent Signings | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Draft Free Agent Signings

lol well bro you’ll get your wish with a ton of other posters. Apparently I have an ego bc I came back at somebody for questioning my knowledge.

I give it how I get it. Long as you cool with me I’ll be cooo with you. As you said even though I disagree with you… we don’t have to tear the other down trying to make a point.
Honestly I think we are going to have just as many injuries this year. Why? Because 2022 we had a zillion. People thought it would get better in 2023. It got worse. We forget how bad it was in 2022. When we played pats second to last game of year we were missing our entire secondary and the line was a mess. We got hit hard that year too. Against new second to last game of year. Chubb didn’t play. Howard didn’t. Armstead didn’t. Lamm came in and got hurt. Jackson , Brandon jones Needham all didn’t play of course cause they were lost for year.
against jets hill was cramping or limping. Mossert got hurt. I missing a few others. I wasn’t even counting tua.

My point is it probably won’t get better. That is not me being negative. Certain coaching staffs seem to endure more injuries.

I think we need to change things up in camp and preseason. I don’t think we should be holding guys out till they are perfectly healthy either because that didn’t work either.

Miami Dolphins

What will the Dolphins do at right guard?

The Dolphins addressed a future need at tackle, drafting Houston's Patrick Paul in the second round. But they have no clear starter at right guard and passed on interior offensive linemen -- with Graham Barton and Christian Haynes on the board when they picked in the first two rounds. Miami will have roughly $18 million in cap space clearing after June 1 and must feel confident in its ability to fill that void with a veteran rather than a rookie. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques
I would rather hang into the cap space for in-season exigencies, or alternatively use some of it to front load extensions for one or more of Tua, Holland, Waddle, Phillips. We probably good with OL any additions will have to hang out on the PS, barring injury before the season starts.

Honestly I think we are going to have just as many injuries this year. Why? Because 2022 we had a zillion. People thought it would get better in 2023. It got worse. We forget how bad it was in 2022. When we played pats second to last game of year we were missing our entire secondary and the line was a mess. We got hit hard that year too. Against new second to last game of year. Chubb didn’t play. Howard didn’t. Armstead didn’t. Lamm came in and got hurt. Jackson , Brandon jones Needham all didn’t play of course cause they were lost for year.
against jets hill was cramping or limping. Mossert got hurt. I missing a few others. I wasn’t even counting tua.

My point is it probably won’t get better. That is not me being negative. Certain coaching staffs seem to endure more injuries.

I think we need to change things up in camp and preseason. I don’t think we should be holding guys out till they are perfectly healthy either because that didn’t work either.
You make a good point and I hope the team is doing what it can with it's conditioning program to reduce at least the more common injuries.

I don’t know the exact answer to why we have injuries the way we have bc as you said 2022 was awful as well.

Maybe it’s the strength and conditioning or maybe it’s the heat in Miami or maybe we’re just soft as charmin tissue or maybe it’s something else altogether.

I tend to lean towards how soft we are bc of how we’re built. It’s pure finesse and we’ve done nothing this offseason to address that.

As I’ve said bc I’ve learned watching it the past 2 years… all that speed is great when it’s hot and warm on game day but when Thanksgiving rolls around and it gets cold and we’re lining up across from Baltimore or SF or somebody that plays a physical brand of football we have no answer from the opening snap.

We are pure 100% finesse and that’s fine until as I said we run up against somebody like Baltimore that just pummels us with physicality.

Sure we can "use" OBJ. Good players are always wanted and needed on all NFL teams. But resources are limited.

Given that I'd say we could use Risner plus Van Roten more than OBJ.

The dolphins are gonna have problems w an ego guy in south Florida - Tua was too locked into Hill.. put another big fat ego in that mix the team will suffer… Tyreek is immature - see house fire….OBJ Is immature..these two are gonna have issues imho…leave it alone - let a young hungry rookie who is good enough play for all the scraps he can collect… just my opinion..
I agree. I don't want OBJ anywhere near this team. His act has worn thin. Last thing Fins need is a prima donna who is a shell of his former self.

lol well bro you’ll get your wish with a ton of other posters. Apparently I have an ego bc I came back at somebody for questioning my knowledge.

I give it how I get it. Long as you cool with me I’ll be cooo with you. As you said even though I disagree with you… we don’t have to tear the other down trying to make a point.
I'm the same way. Someone comes at me I'm going to make them wish they hadn't

Why would someone "come at you"? Do you go around pissing ppl off?
You're a moderator. You've seen how some people act on here. I prefer a sensible debate if anyone has differing opinions but that's definitely not everyone's style on here

Certain coaching staffs seem to endure more injuries???
Now I've heard it all. This is beyond negative, it just makes no sense.

What are these coaches doing, exactly, to endure more injuries???
We have signed some injury prone players and have had vets like X struggle to stay healthy but injuries are largely the product of bad luck and predicting we're going to have a lot more in 2024 is kinda ridiculous and counter productive.

You're a moderator. You've seen how some people act on here. I prefer a sensible debate if anyone has differing opinions but that's definitely not everyone's style on here
If that happens, better to just report the post and we will take care of it.

That's better than a $hit fest, pi$$ing contest for everyone including the innocent bystander posters

We have signed some injury prone players and have had vets like X struggle to stay healthy but injuries are largely the product of bad luck and predicting we're going to have a lot more in 2024 is kinda ridiculous and counter productive.
Many times, it is just bad luck. Hill's injury was caused by an uncalled horse collar tackle. I believe Williams was rolled up from behind. Phillips was a non-contact injury on what is thought to be the worst surface in the NFL.

**** happens.

I should have explained it better. But I have tracked injuries for our last three coaches. Gase Flores and McDaniel. The correlation is that both coaches who coached on the offensive side of ball endured more injuries. Now I don’t know why. I really don’t. But I been trying to research it to figure it out. But nothing conclusive so far.

All three of these staffs have struggled with soft tissue injuries. Thar is a fact and numbers can show that. But I won’t bog down my entire message with that.

Let me give you a specific example. Davonte Parker was on the injury report for soft tissue injured with Flores and gase. When he went to New England he really wasn’t healthy either. But he never once appeared on their report for soft tissue injury. I been writing some blogs recently and would like to explore this more. But one thing is clear. We have a problem with the amount of soft tissue injuries in Miami. But overall out of the last three coaches we had. Flores endured the least amount of injuries. Is it the way they run camp or conditioning. ? I can’t pretend to know. But it is not luck. And please don’t tell me all teams have injuries. Because I actually have the stats to prove that several teams the last two years have stayed very healthy. Teams like the Texans browns ravens chargers pats and Miami have been hit hard last year and year before. Teams like the Steelers and lions have been healthy recently. I don’t believe in luck. That is for posters to just say without doing any research.

Back
Top Bottom