Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

Well that's just what I think is happening.

I don't endorse it. He's a great player, but we need to draft talent.

I make him an outside CB, I've read a scouting report on him and also watched one that made mention of questionable instincts. I wouldn't want my FS having instincts that are questionable. To that end...put him on the boundary where isn't the last linr of defense.

I'd rather just draft an actual corner if that were the case. As a cornerback, he wouldn't even be a top 10 prospect at that position, IMO. I don't like him at all before round three,and he's certainly going much higher than that. Too many question marks. Not a fan of going all potential in the top 2 rounds.

Hell, even as a safety there are a good 5-6 guys I like more than him.

And if we were to trade #22 for Sherman (it would cost that AND more) I'd go rage mode. First of all he's toast in man coverage. Second of all, even though I like him and would be interested in him at no compensation if he were a free agent, he's extremely overrated.

That entire secondary proved their true worth when Earl Thomas went down last season. All products of that amazing system. I mean, look at Maxwell. He's solid, but he looked like an All Pro in that defense.

Obi's primary value, imo, is as a match-up piece for athletic TE's and big WR's. As a Safety he doesn't see the field very well, is slow to react, and he's not physical - bordering on soft. He's also older than ideal. Mixed-bag player/elite athlete.
He turned 24 on April 5th (i.e. 2 days ago). Is that too old to be drafted? Some of you are just trying to find fault.
What some of you miss is that some players are a work in progress, i.e. they need to develop their skills. I wouldn't be too worried about the physicality. He can be coached to become more physical. However, a bigger concern is the instincts.
For all of the negativity on here, Obi has been very successful to date and his athleticism is off the charts. There is a reason why he is attracting a lot of interest, his upside could be huge.

He turned 24 on April 5th (i.e. 2 days ago). Is that too old to be drafted? Some of you are just trying to find fault.

What some of you miss is that some players are a work in progress, i.e. they need to develop their skills. I wouldn't be too worried about the physicality. He can be coached to become more physical. However, a bigger concern is the instincts.

For all of the negativity on here, Obi has been very successful to date and his athleticism is off the charts. There is a reason why he is attracting a lot of interest, his upside could be huge.

There's nothing wrong with the instances you listed and no one is missing those points, but they are also reasons why said prospect doesn't merit a selection in the early rounds.

No, I have him ranked 26th. When a guy is older, it's always a knock. A 24 YO should be more physically developed than a 21 or 22 YO.

I agree that the instincts are the bigger concern. The rest is just less than ideal. Before the Combine, I said that if he tests well, I'd like him best at CB, where his instincts wouldn't hurt as much. A hybrid CB/S is probably more ideal, but it'd require more planning. If I NEED a FS, though, I'd favor Marcus Williams, who figures to be ready to start sooner and has the instincts you want at FS. He's also a great athlete - just doesn't look as exceptional when compared to Obi.

I love Sherman, he's an elite CB, but that's straight stupidity. We're gonna trade the farm for someone's former 5th rd pick? :bobdole:

**** us if we make such an ignorant move instead of relying on our own prowess in a defensive heavy draft to improve our unit.

I guess Tom Brady wasn't ever worthy of trading for either since he was a 6th round pick? :bobdole:

I can understand if you don't want to trade the farm in general for Richard Sherman but just leave that last part out, has nothing to do with his trade value.

I guess Tom Brady wasn't ever worthy of trading for either since he was a 6th round pick? :bobdole:

I can understand if you don't want to trade the farm in general for Richard Sherman but just leave that last part out, has nothing to do with his trade value.

It has to do with trusting your own judgement in the draft and realizing players like Sherman can be had in later rounds if you do your research.

Based on the various rumblings, I think there is some merit to the rumor that we are the team that's been trying to trade for Richard Sherman.

Between Armando Salguero being the guy who has the scoops about the Sherman trade situation, the Dolphins' rumblings about cornerback, etc...

Fits the Tannenbaum M.O. of trading for big names as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1m
Simon Clancy‏ @SiClancy
Dolphins worked out a number of players today. Significantly Brad Kaaya had a one on one with Coach Gase. Miami has a long interest in him.

if we trade for sherman i'll be so pissed, team always has to trade for big names giving up picks that could find those big names for much cheaper, plus we are more than fine at cb and we have lots of other positions to fill, that would be really bad for the teams future, maxwell played well when he was allowed to do what he does best.

Back
Top Bottom