Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

Jared Tokarz‏
@NFLDraftInsider

Follow
More
Can confirm #Dolphins have been doing their due diligence on D. Very active interviewing LB/CB/Edge prospects. Interest in Zach Cunnigham.

Who have they brought in for edge prospects, Barnett?

from Lamp interview..

Alex Marvez‏Verified account @alexmarvez 4m4 minutes ago
More
.@flamp76 says #NFL teams have spoken to him about playing all three offensive line positions. Majority project him at guard @SiriusXMNFL

From the other day

Aaron Wilson‏Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL 2m2 minutes ago
More
Vanderbilt center Barrett Gouger to meet with Miami Dolphins, according to a league source

Who have they brought in for edge prospects, Barnett?

3h
Draft Talk‏ @Draft_Talk_NFL
#Dolphins have spent time with S Jabril Peppers, LB Hasson Reddick, LB Zach Cunningham, DE Taco Charlton.
#DraftTalk

3h
#Dolphins have spent time with S Jabril Peppers, LB Hasson Reddick, LB Zach Cunningham, DE Taco Charlton.
#DraftTalk

I'd be happy with any of those guys. Add Howard/Njoku and Lamp to the list. If we walk away with any of these guys it was a successful Day 1.

I'd be happy with any of those guys. Add Howard/Njoku and Lamp to the list. If we walk away with any of these guys it was a successful Day 1.

agreed - minus the njoku/lamp, and howard won't be there at 22...so basically - taco reddick peppers or cunningham will make me happy

agreed - minus the njoku/lamp, and howard won't be there at 22...so basically - taco reddick peppers or cunningham will make me happy

We have no where to use Peppers and Charlton's inconsistencies should be a concern in the same way we are expressing for Phillips.

i didn't see peppers play in college. he wouldn't fit at free safety (or whatever our terminology is) next to reshad?

i didn't see peppers play in college. he wouldn't fit at free safety (or whatever our terminology is) next to reshad?

That's correct.

He didn't play there in college and his range for the position is a question. Not "in question" just a question (hope that makes sense) b/c he doesn't have tape for it. Free safety also requires a high amount of knowledge of route concepts and the ability to quickly ID progressions within them. And again, he doesn't have experience there.

He played a lot of LB in college but he doesn't have the frame to transfer that to the NFL. He needs a lot of development and a coach that has a vision for him most likely along the lines of a hybrid subpackage player. I don't think he's a plug and play starter for any one position outside maybe a slot CB and then that of course means he's not a 3 down player with the lone exception of the Cardinals at the moment with their "Speed" Nickel. But even then he's not as physical as Buchanan to play a similar role as a Rover (LB/S).

That said, because of his limited usage out of the gate I see him as maybe a late second, more reasonably a 3rd rd prospect.

I also agree and would put Christian McCaffery on that list as well. He is too good a talent to overlook and is a playmaker who can take it the distance every time he has the ball in his hands. Returning kicks like Peppers is an added plus for sure.

Nor do we need Cunningham's arm tackling ability.....we have enough of that.

And I am a fan of Riddick but our scheme doesn't utilize the blitz enough to make use of his overall strengths.

I also agree and would put Christian McCaffery on that list as well. He is too good a talent to overlook and is a playmaker who can take it the distance every time he has the ball in his hands. Returning kicks like Peppers is an added plus for sure.

Watch McCaffrey end up on the Pats. He would be lethal in that system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3h
#DraftTalk

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom