Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

I think he's pretty good/not great as a read/react run defender, which Kansas St asked him to be most of the time on base downs. I think he can be a dominant run defender in a system that asks him to just go. He made a number of plays in the backfield on 3rd and short. He's very quick/explosive penetrating inside. I think he has 5-10 lbs on his frame before he loses any of his athleticism - assuming it's not a rush job - so that will help, too. If he went to Missouri or Clemson, where they ask their DE's to penetrate, rather than read and react, I think he'd be a consensus top-10 player. Because he was asked to read an react on base downs, almost all of his sack and TFL numbers come on 3rd down or on obvious passing situations.

He was in a similar situation to Danielle Hunter. We remember that Hunter fell to the 3rd RD, because he only managed 1.5 sacks in 2014. Willis totaled 11.5, and he tested better. Through two seasons, Hunter has half a sack less than Khalil Mack did at the same point in his career. Hunter would be a top-10, probably top-5, pick in a 2015 re-draft. Read and react D's make DE's look bad to people who don't know better, and they hurt production. It's impressive that Willis was able to put up top production and win Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year despite being neutered on base downs.

He also won Most Outstanding Player at the Senior Bowl, where he recorded 2 sacks and 2 FF. When given the opportunity to do what he does best, get in the backfield, he has a great average - against the run and pass. As long as the system accounts for it, penetration is always good, and he will always penetrate at a high rate.

Jordan Willis is going to be real good at the next level. im on board him being the pic. Ppl are sleeping on this kid. This draft is sooo deep. If I'm Miami I would go de with the second pick as well if a good one is available.

I think we need to go Willis. Josh Jones and then guard. Hit DE FS and Guard. As for LB I would go sleeper as in Dylan Cole in the 5th

We are down 10 spots in every round trading down is going to be problematic outside of the first round and only then a few spots that might net profit a late 3rd rounder. Drafting much higher last year we had little to show for it in the 3rd round. I think Tannabaum trades away draft picks for free agents because he knows he is weak at drafting. The last regime that traded away draft picks was Dave Wanstant and his crew. We would get to the playoffs and not much further with that crew.

Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL
Dolphins contacted Alabama State running back Marquell Beckwith this week

http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/teamdraft/17-32

4/21: "Dolphins will take Forrest Lamp or a top-rated pass rusher at 22." - Tony Pauline, DraftAnalyst.com

If thats the choose I know who I would choose-assuming Willis is still there.

Why wouldn't you take a premium paid position at a rookie contract deal over an OL?

If this scouting department continues to whiff on taking OL unless they are 1st rounders then thats on them they are not good enough talent evaluators.

Back
Top Bottom