Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

Lately I've been leaning back towards picking up Peppers if he is there at 22, mostly because he could help at safety for the first half of season, while we wait on McDonald to come back from suspension as well as play nickel for us after that.

I understand drafting a nickel corner at 22 is tough to swallow but he would be helpful with versatility during both halves of the year in different spots, as well as being a damn good football player that is great to just have on the field. Also would allow us to get rid of Jakeem grant if he doesn't get better at the little things this year. I don't mind Drake returning kicks either but I want Landry off the field on special teams if we can help it. Also Drake may have a larger role in year two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No to Peppers. Has talent but where do you play him? Too small to play LB....We don't need a SS which is what he is and can't play FS.....ONE single INT in college. Sounds like a project to me and we can't afford that luxury.

Ozzy rules!!

DT Caleb Brantley arrested for punching a woman in the face. What an idiot. Right before the draft with all the buzz about mixon, foster, and now him? Wow man

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/s...dt-caleb-brantley-charged-misdemeanor-battery

The complaint said Brantley responded by "striking [her] in the face knocking her unconscious."

The complaint said the woman, who is 5-foot-6 and 120 pounds, suffered dental injuries that "displaced a tooth and will require a root canal." The complaint also said Brantley's "use of force was clearly out of retaliation and not self-defense. Additionally, the intensity of [his] force far exceeded what was reasonable or necessary."

Not cool at all. I wouldn't even want to see the video if there was one. Sounds horrific.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

What a moron!

Yep, that too on top of it all. Days before the draft.

"You're a millionaire, all you have to do is not do anything stupid for 4 days and you're golden"

"Let's get ROOOOWWDDYYYYY!"

I didn't like Brantley's chances in the NFL anyhow. This class is adding value to some mediocre players ... he was near the top of that list for me. On top of being vile, the timing of this is comedically idiotic. Ranks right up there with Carlos Dunlap getting hammered and falling asleep at the wheel in front of the most popular bar in town a few days before the ****ing Bama game ... still pissed about that. At least Brantley won't get rewarded with millions of dollars. Go gators. :lol:

I might lose it if we draft an OL in the first again in this crazy draft. And the worst part is it's almost like we're backed into a corner ... again. Signing S, LBs, and TEs in FA with this stacked draft class and somehow neglecting - yet again - OL isn't high percentage. Throw DT in there. Weren't their scouts watching college football the last few years? Didn't the FO get the memo saying which positions we should be looking to fill in FA and which to focus on in the draft? I'm really sick of hoping everything will somehow 'work itself out' (can everything be the Tunsil trade? :lol:) when my gut says otherwise. Guts been right this long ...

Lamp is a damn good prospect. But using the 22nd pick on a G in this draft with our needs is freaking lunacy. So many teams will get impact players in the first (this entire draft really, but especially the first) that will benefit them for the unforeseeable future. Would REALLY be nice if we could capitalize and be one of those teams. A guard isn't gonna move the needle for you much Miami. You suck for being in this position in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Miami's starting (good) O-Line was available, they were unstoppable running and passing.

Will be interesting to see how teams consider Brantley and Mixon, since there cases seem identical but one is fresh and the other a few years old. Will teams judge them equally? Will they judge Brantley harder because his is just a few days old and the criminal case is still pending? I wouldn't be shocked if the Brantley case also hurts Mixon, with teams that maybe were considering him now thinking the issue will be even more of a hot button topic than it was a week ago and not worth the negative media attention.

Will be interesting to see how teams consider Brantley and Mixon, since there cases seem identical but one is fresh and the other a few years old. Will teams judge them equally? Will they judge Brantley harder because his is just a few days old and the criminal case is still pending? I wouldn't be shocked if the Brantley case also hurts Mixon, with teams that maybe were considering him now thinking the issue will be even more of a hot button topic than it was a week ago and not worth the negative media attention.

Talent trumps all. Mixon has more talent. He'll likely be drafted before Brantley.

Will be interesting to see how teams consider Brantley and Mixon, since there cases seem identical but one is fresh and the other a few years old. Will teams judge them equally? Will they judge Brantley harder because his is just a few days old and the criminal case is still pending? I wouldn't be shocked if the Brantley case also hurts Mixon, with teams that maybe were considering him now thinking the issue will be even more of a hot button topic than it was a week ago and not worth the negative media attention. For Mixon it could be like a scab that some people were glossing over that has now been re-opened a bit with the attention the Brantley case will get.

Back
Top Bottom