Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

Talent trumps all. Mixon has more talent. He'll likely be drafted before Brantley.

From a talent stand point Brantley was viewed as a 2nd round pick. If Mixon didn't have the assault history I think he would have been in the 2nd round range too.

Extended T.O.P for the defense makes them look even worse...

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 10m10 minutes ago
More
NFL notified teams that Michigan’s Jabril Peppers tested positive for a dilute sample at the combine, league sources tell ESPN.

Adam Schefter
5 mins ·
Facebook Mentions
·
According to a CAA spokesman, who works for agency that represents Jabril Peppers:
"Peppers went to the combine. He was sick after flying there from San Diego. He has a history of cramping. Peppers was being pumped with fluids, drinking 8-10 bottles of water before he went to bed, because he was the first guy to work out two days for the LBs and DBs. He had to go through that first day, come back on second day, and that was the fear. So Peppers was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before for any substanc

So does this scare any else off peppers some? Or is this less of a concern than foster? I doubt this affects him much

edit: Should've figured the Peppers news would've been posted already. That's what I get for posting while working lol

Last edited by a moderator:
He's completely off my board at 22 now that's for sure. Now he's a second rounder, which is where he belongs diluted sample or not. Would take him at 54 if none of the backers (Watt, Bowser, Davis, Cunningham) fall.

Edit: Didn't see the combine report. High character guy so I'll buy that. As I've said.... Love the player; just have an issue with spending a first rounder on a guy without a true position, especially with his most likely position being a huge strength for us right now with Jones and T.J.

This doesn't change anything for me. I would not draft Peppers at 22 anyway as imo he's not what we need. Honestly I'd move back and take Obi(sp?) but I'm still hoping we go DE at 22

Ozzy rules!!

so heres the question. regardless of what you think about a player. does a dulited sample take him off your board?

so heres the question. regardless of what you think about a player. does a dulited sample take him off your board?

Depends on the player. If it's the latest in a string of stupid mistakes, then I could see a scenario where failing a test at the combine would be the last straw. Peppers doesn't fit that profile though. Heard nothing but good things about him.

I like this. I even buy the story for why he failed. This puts him in value land if/when he gets to 54. He and Williams would give them 2 nice options for S at 54 ... depending on which way they want to go with the position. I wouldn't mind Peppers at 22 ... I'd flat out love him at 54.

Depends on the player. If it's the latest in a string of stupid mistakes, then I could see a scenario where failing a test at the combine would be the last straw. Peppers doesn't fit that profile though. Heard nothing but good things about him.

I like this. I even buy the story for why he failed. This puts him in value land if/when he gets to 54. He and Williams would give them 2 nice options for S at 54 ... depending on which way they want to go with the position. I wouldn't mind Peppers at 22 ... I'd flat out love him at 54.

Completely agree with the first part. Still a 3rd rd prospect in my book regardless of the diluted sample.

Completely agree with the first part. Still a 3rd rd prospect in my book regardless of the diluted sample.

I am aware of your stance on the player. :lol: I don't think he's the project you make him out to be but I could get behind why the Dolphins might not be the best place for him. Peppers will need a smart DC with a flexible scheme ... that is yet to be seen.

That depends on a number of things. Is it a one time mistake or is this who the player is? You need to look at the whole body of work. Anyone can make a mistake. I know I have so in some cases I'd give the player a chance but in some cases maybe not

Ozzy rules!!

I am aware of your stance on the player. :lol: I don't think he's the project you make him out to be but I could get behind why the Dolphins might not be the best place for him. Peppers will need a smart DC with a flexible scheme ... that is yet to be seen.

Well I think he'll definitely need a learning curve so that negates an early round selection for me. I also keep hearing that a smart DC with a flexible scheme will know what to do with him but have yet to see any suggestions other than that simplistic explanation.

Back
Top Bottom