Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

MattyI (a great follow if you are a Fin fan) posted this as guys he thinks are in play at 22 with the highlighted guys as people he think will be gone.

C-QZp3FWAAIRBKB.jpg

So based on his belief the available guys are Lamp, Taco, Willis, Davis, Bowser, and Melifonwu. For discussion purposes how does everybody feel about that
I concur and maybe you knock off Taco and Bowser (who should be available in the 2nd round). Lamp, Willis and Davis are all good safe picks but Obi Melifonwu has big upside especially if the coaches want to transition to physically bigger DBs.

That list of projected available players at 22 sounds amazing to me. I would heavily consider all of those guys and would nearly be a dream scenario of choices.

I would be ecstatic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about the DT class it appeared to me they brought in alot of highly rated DT/DE types does anyone else out there concur. Any names that anyone like we have been looking at.?

According to league sources familiar with Miami’s draft plans, the Dolphins have two defensive ends they like high on their board with one of those possibly being available when the team picks at No. 22 overall in the first round.

The two defensive ends are Derek Barnett of Tennessee and Charles Harris of Missouri -- two SEC players who had productive careers at Tennessee and Missouri respectively and could easily fill the team’s dire need at the position.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article146593599.html#storylink=cpy

Barnett is a technician of a pass rusher Harris is a guy the fron office is split on

Which side is Tannenbaum on? Once we have established that it will clear which side is correct :lol: Barnett would be a reasonable pick for us

Harris has good tape. Poor workout numbers

MattyI (a great follow if you are a Fin fan) posted this as guys he thinks are in play at 22 with the highlighted guys as people he think will be gone.

C-QZp3FWAAIRBKB.jpg

So based on his belief the available guys are Lamp, Taco, Willis, Davis, Bowser, and Melifonwu. For discussion purposes how does everybody feel about that

I would take

(1) Jordan Willis
(2) Jarrad
(3) Taco
(4) Lamp

Harris has no interest in the football. Hard pass for me.

Barnett is a monster. He needs to find an inside move and he will be a multi-year double digit sack guy. People say he's not explosive but his 10yd split was fine and he eats up distance to the QB with huge forward strides. Best de at bending the arc, best at setting up tackles, one of the most relentless and selfless players. Just needs a good inside move and he'll be a terror.

Bowser is Jamie Collins with more muscle and better coverage skills. Should be right up at the top of our board at 22, if we don't get lucky with a Howard or someone equally elite falling.

Harris has no interest in the football. Hard pass for me.

Barnett is a monster. He needs to find an inside move and he will be a multi-year double digit sack guy. People say he's not explosive but his 10yd split was fine and he eats up distance to the QB with huge forward strides. Best de at bending the arc, best at setting up tackles, one of the most relentless and selfless players. Just needs a good inside move and he'll be a terror.
Harris scares the daylight out of me. To me he's the biggest risk of a BUST, inspite of his insane first step. This news or supposed leak, smells of a smoke screen.

Another guy I would have in that range is McDowell, but draft him as a DE and only moving him inside on package plays. Guy is not a DT but could be a special 4-3 end.

Barnett reminds me of Olivier Vernon. I would not be thrilled with Charles Harris. Tak McKinley out of UCLA is interesting but I think he goes before 22, possibly to Indianapolis at 15. TJ Watt should be in the mix, along with Bowser. I agree with FinThirteen that there's a decent chance McDowell is on Miami's short list.

Back
Top Bottom