Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc) | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-free agency draft updates (visits, reported targets etc)

Bowser is Jamie Collins with more muscle and better coverage skills. Should be right up at the top of our board at 22, if we don't get lucky with a Howard or someone equally elite falling.

Bowser Came from way back in the pack with a terrific senior season followed by an impressive week at the Senior Bowl. “Very skilled and can run,” said one scout. “Got some pass-rush ability. He’s going to need some time to figure it out.” Almost never played but was a member of the Cougars’ basketball team for two seasons. “He’s got speed, power and a knack,” another scout said. “Great with his hands.”

Smooth, limber athlete with a vertical jump of 37 ½.
“My question going into the season was physical nature,” said a third scout. “He kind of answered that at the Senior Bowl where he was running down on special teams hitting people. He’s comfortable in space and can rush. I see him as a starter.” Missed five games last season with an orbital fracture suffered in a fight with a teammate. Two-year starter with 136 tackles (27 ½ for loss) and 21 ½ sacks. From Tyler, Texas.

Another guy I would have in that range is McDowell, but draft him as a DE and only moving him inside on package plays. Guy is not a DT but could be a special 4-3 end.

McDowell as a DE? I haven't heard that before

These next 55 hours are going to drag along so slowly. I am almost tempted to go home and go right to sleep today and tomorrow so that time passes faster.

I can't even talk about player X,Y or Z anymore. We've talked about everyone enough, I just want to see it play out already.

Everyone I know thinks I am nuts. My whole life is revolving around the draft. I need help.

I absolutely love Charles Harris. He can easily become a double digit sack guy, and early at that. Might also be a trade down option.

McDowell as a DE? I haven't heard that before

He probably projects best as a 34 de. But even in a 43, with that length and speed, he's wasted inside, especially playing essentially a nose role as a 1 or 2 tech. The fact he did it admirably with that height and arm length in the phone booth of the middle says a lot, but he'd look much better as an end where his length is an asset an not a hindrance. He explodes out of his stance and just swats linemen away with those big mitts on those long arms. His future is terrorising tackles and not centers.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL trade rumors and TMZ just stated that the player being investigated is Gareon Conley CB for Ohio State. Stated he is being investigated for rape. TMZ has an article outlining the complaint. Bizarre for sure

NFL trade rumors and TMZ just stated that the player being investigated is Gareon Conley CB for Ohio State. Stated he is being investigated for rape. TMZ has an article outlining the complaint. Bizarre for sure

The unnamed player facing an accusation of sexual assault in Cleveland has been named. According to TMZ, the first-round prospect is Ohio State cornerback Gareon Conley.

Conley strongly denies the accusations.

Per TMZ, a police report explains that a 23-year-old woman said Conley raped her in the bathroom of a suite at the Westin Hotel in Cleveland. The police report reportedly explains that the alleged victim claims she met Conley in an elevator, and that he asked her to have a “foursome.” The alleged victim claims she declined to participate but agreed to watch as others had group sex.

In the initial report regarding the incident, which didn’t name Conley, lawyer Kevin Spellacy called the accusation “ludicrous and ridiculous,” and argued that “this young lady is an opportunist and it’s actually despicable.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...onley-accused-of-sexual-assault-in-cleveland/

She declined to participate but agreed to watch? I mean..that has to be a tough one to prove that she was then raped after putting herself in that situation especially if other witness deny it no?

I think we have some interest in the player but did not think he would be there at 22...

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

Source: #OhioSt CB Gareon Conley has decided not to be in Philadelphia for the 2017 NFL Draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bleacher Report is reporting a potential trade between Atlanta and Seattle, to swap 1st round picks #31 and #26 for a 4th rounder. It seems odd that in prior trade speculation, IF Miami were to trade back they'd only get a 4th rounder, if they somehow traded with Cleveland for pick #33. If the Seahawks get a 4th for moving 5 spots. I'd think Miami COULD get more out of Cleveland for moving 11 spots. What do you guys think?

Bleacher Report is reporting a potential trade between Atlanta and Seattle, to swap 1st round picks #31 and #26 for a 4th rounder. It seems odd that in prior trade speculation, IF Miami were to trade back they'd only get a 4th rounder, if they somehow traded with Cleveland for pick #33. If the Seahawks get a 4th for moving 5 spots. I'd think Miami COULD get more out of Cleveland for moving 11 spots. What do you guys think?
Don't believe anything until it happens.

Moving back I would want a 3rd or a very early 4th with a 5th or 6th thrown in for good measure. Heck we gave up much more than that for that 3rd rounder for Carroo

MattyI (a great follow if you are a Fin fan) posted this as guys he thinks are in play at 22 with the highlighted guys as people he think will be gone.

C-QZp3FWAAIRBKB.jpg

So based on his belief the available guys are Lamp, Taco, Willis, Davis, Bowser, and Melifonwu. For discussion purposes how does everybody feel about that

Of those 6 guys that would be available in this scenario, I'd love Jordan Willis or Forrest Lamp, both of whom may be available after a trade back. I also like Reddick and Harris. Foster's red flags are scaring me honestly, but obviously if he works out he'd be great too.

But I must be honest, I think Obi, Taco and Tyus have huge bust potential. None of those 3 are great football players, they're all workout warriors in the underwear Olympics. Barnett, IMHO, has a lower ceiling and is a Marco Coleman type. This is probably the right list, because it avoids the guys I want and targets many of the highest bust-potential guys.

Please let it be Lamp or Willis. :)

Back
Top Bottom