Post Game Victory Speech | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Game Victory Speech

He's too smart for his own good in this regard.

happy now?

sz8pow-1.jpg

Very. That's great

It's weird, but I just want him to coach better. Be more proactive. Make lineup changes when you need to make lineup changes. Get on Mike Sherman about bad playcalling. Fix things that are broken.

Who gives a crap about the postgame victory speech? At that point, his job for that particular game is OVER.

Luckily, they edited out the part where Philbin said "eggs, milk, frozen vegetables ... oh wait, that's my wife's grocery list."

It just doesn't look right. A post game victory speech should be something that comes from the heart, unaided. I just can't picture anyone I would consider a leader resorting to cue cards to give a short, motivational speech to their subordinates...

I disagree, you ever think he just wrote down some things to make sure they weren't lost in the moment. I can tell you from experience I have gone into situations where I thought I got everything out only to remember something else 15 minutes later or after I left. He Just wanted to hit all the bullet points. Cut the guy some slack,

You'd figure he wouldn't have to right down, " Now that was a team win. No question about it." He says that every time.

I take notes when I coach and after some games win or lose I will use them to make sure I don't forget an important situation, or an at bat, anything little. Sometimes there are things that you want to remember to point out while it is fresh and the emotion is still high. Sometimes it is more important to make the point then it is to look good doing it. We all want to run everything off the top of our head and seem perfect but sometimes "the process is more important than the product" FYI that's our team phrase for 2013-2014.

I actually am writing this comment from notecards.

Beyond lame.

Do you really need a cue card to remind yourself the team played with resilience?

Put the notes down and deliver something appropriate to the moment, worth 10 speeches from a sheet of paper which even then are poorly delivered.

People who don't think this stuff is important are nuts.

Back
Top Bottom