Post-Lockout Grade According to ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post-Lockout Grade According to ESPN

Wow there's still some out there. Hey, he sounds more logical than many dolfans.

That's the best thing I have read about the Phins in a while. It has mostly been gloom, especially from guys like Omar Kelly. Nobody really knows what is going to happen, especially with all the free agency. I am just happy there will be a season and I also think our defense will be one of the best in the NFL.

Burnett for Crowder has to be an upgrade barring some unfortunate injury. He looks like a solid veteran who can make an impact right away. This was probably the best move in free agency for them.

Moore is a stop gap QB there in case Henne falls apart. They failed to get Orton. That was a big deal. But they can still win some games without getting the QB they needed this season. Just be careful with your expectations this season. They missed on Orton just like they missed on Harbaugh. Those changes would have had a HUGE positive impact.

Bush is just a piece of the puzzle. It's a good addition to the team. He's famous and talented on offense. But Miami has always had two powerful workhorses at RB for years. You can fall back on those big men when things fail and still salvage things somewhat. That luxury isn't there now. Bush relies on explosiveness. He wins in quickness to the edge and explosiveness through gaps. That requires good blocking and timing. So basically, he needs the guys around him to do well so he can break plays. It's a good pickup. But what will Thomas do? It can't all be on Bush. That just won't work.

The OL free agents are stop gaps. And they have shuffled Carey around to R and L guard positions in practice already. That toying with the OL doesn't seem good, especially with a short offseason. My gut tells me that they only saw tackles available in free agency and allowed that set of circumstances push their decision to move Carey inside. That doesn't sit well with me. But we'll see what happens. Carey played guard if I remember correctly and it didn't work. LT didn't really work either. He has ALWAYS been a RT. And a good one at that most of the time.

It's hard to feel good about Miami's free agency moves. It could have been worse, and I know other teams did worse. They just didn't go out there and get the players that would show they ARE going to contend this season. They went and addressed some needs showing us that they WANT to contend. We'll see.

We didn't successfully address the most important position on the field....AGAIN. I doubt many of us would bet the house Henne or Moore can lead us deep into the playoffs and that's the bottom line to call it a successful season (or it should be for a good franchise). Therefore my grade = INCOMPLETE.

We didn't successfully address the most important position on the field....AGAIN. I doubt many of us would bet the house Henne or Moore can lead us deep into the playoffs and that's the bottom line to call it a successful season (or it should be for a good franchise). Therefore my grade = INCOMPLETE.

Have faith in Henne. Who out there in FA could have led us deep into the playoffs? A drafted rookie? McNabb? Hasselback? Orton?

Have faith in Henne. Who out there in FA could have led us deep into the playoffs? A drafted rookie? McNabb? Hasselback? Orton?

Trust me, I'm not routing against Henne. Hope he succeeds beyond my wildest dreams. Just don't see it based on what I've seen.

Would say that Orton or Hasselbeck at least could have given us a fighting chance with what looks to be a very good defense. I think you could argue both are at least in the top half of NFL QB's. Hate to say it but history tells us Henne just makes far too many mistakes which will likely cost us 3-4 games this year and any legit shot at the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom