Postgame Fins/Bucs Discussion | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Postgame Fins/Bucs Discussion

Sanders looked great. Skyler Thompson looked pretty decent. Somebody on here said he doesn’t have an arm it didn’t look that bad to me. I did see some passes flutter but for the most part not too bad. Jalen Phillips was in I didn’t notice him getting Much pressure on Gabbert.

It wasn't Deiter past the first 11 snaps or so. It was Pankey.
We have been projecting Dieter as the main/sole backup for center but Pankey is getting do much play it makes me wonder if they will keep 3 centers and if so how does the reserve OL picture change? Had assumed we would have Coleman, Jones and Little (whose name I have not heard all camp long...) in addition to Dieter. Can't see them keeping more than 4 reserves so it is intriguing who will make the final roster.

Went to the game, ended up leaving at half time (personal reasons). Was disappointed to hardly see any starters.

Any idea what to expect the next two weeks?

See our starters a bit next week, and a ton the 3rd week? what ya'll think?
Isn't it typical that the penultimate game is for the starters to tune up while the last game is for bubble players to make their case before final cuts. If so game 2 is where we should see Tua, Hill etc. And game 3 is going to primarily be 2nd string and the guys behind them fighting for their spots.

Isn't it typical that the penultimate game is for the starters to tune up while the last game is for bubble players to make their case before final cuts. If so game 2 is where we should see Tua, Hill etc. And game 3 is going to primarily be 2nd string and the guys behind them fighting for their spots.
Yes. In game two we should see starters and a gameplan. It's basically what was the third PS game before they removed the fourth.

If Thompson keeps his play at this level there is zero chance we stash him on the practice squad and that will leave a very interesting decision for McD and Co.

If Thompson keeps his play at this level there is zero chance we stash him on the practice squad and that will leave a very interesting decision for McD and Co.
Can't we protect some players on the practice squad now?

Or was that a COVID thing

Can't we protect some players on the practice squad now?

Or was that a COVID thing
Yes you are correct sir. I hadn't realized this but it seems there is still one day you can poach them.

More protection

The NFL also added a new wrinkle to the practice squad that provides teams with some limited protections for keeping practice squad players. Teams can designate four players every week that are protected from being signed by other teams. This protection starts on Tuesday each week, so every practice squad player is still available to be signed to the regular roster of another team after their team’s game that week until the deadline on Tuesday.

we have a 3rd tackle problem and we have a boundary corner problem.

My main takeaways

Terron armstead moved even further up the mission critical list for me after that game

Back
Top Bottom