Potential Cuts coming Throughout the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Cuts coming Throughout the NFL

motormouthmaz

Rookie
Reaction score
I thought a thread would be good to start. Seattle might release Jeremy lane which I feel we should have interest in. They are also potentially cutting Krease and Collins

great idea and we should be looking at some sure to be great cuts or trades about to happen this week.

I believe they only have 8.4 mil in space. I'd be surprised if anything other than cheaper depth is added.

NFL sorely needs a D-league so that it can continue to develop these fringe players. It's a damn shame that a multi- billion dollar business can't fund such a project that would greatly help every aspect of the sport.
Why would the NFL invest in this? How exactly would they make a return off of these eye sore fringe players having a league?

Oh and they basically have this already for free - NCAA.

Remember NFL Europe? Those games were AWFUL!

Why would the NFL invest in this? How exactly would they make a return off of these eye sore fringe players having a league?

Why? b/c depth and practice times in the NFL are thin and limited. It would only improve the game to have such a program.

NCAA? How the **** is the NCAA supposed to develop players after they are drafted or entered the league in another manner? That comment does not make any sense.

NFL Europe was ahead of it's time. The quality of the product is insignificant to it's purpose. No one thinks the NBA's, NHL's, or MLB's minor league programs are high quality. That's not the basis for those organizations. It's to further educate and develop players.

seems to work out just fine for the NHL and the MLB

NFL sorely needs a D-league so that it can continue to develop these fringe players. It's a damn shame that a multi- billion dollar business can't fund such a project that would greatly help every aspect of the sport.

That's actually a very valid point. It can only improve the quality of the product on the field. It would allow them to plant their minor league teams in other areas that don't typically have easy access to the current stadiums. Orlando, as an example has a perfect field already to be the home of a minor league dolphins team.

Why? b/c depth and practice times in the NFL are thin and limited. It would only improve the game to have such a program.

NCAA? How the **** is the NCAA supposed to develop players after they are drafted or entered the league in another manner? That comment does not make any sense.

NFL Europe was ahead of it's time. The quality of the product is insignificant to it's purpose. No one thinks the NBA's, NHL's, or MLB's minor league programs are high quality. That's not the basis for those organizations. It's to further educate and develop players.

Again, the NFL is all about that $$$ on the quarterly statements.

Why would they need to invest in this, when there is a near professional league (NCAA) that is developing these young players before they are primed for the big boys.

NFL Europe was ahead of its time? NFL Europe was an absolute joke and cost the league $$$ and its viewership was atrocious, hence why it does not exist anymore.

Are you right that it would help with the education and development of players? Yes. Does the NFL care about this? No. They claim to, but they do not.

What does NFL care about, once again, $$$$.

You don't spend millions of dollars developing a D - League that nobody is going to care about or watch. Whether it helps educate the players or not, its about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Did I say its about the $$?

You are going to counter that further educating / developing the players is a wise investment for the longevity of the league.

Simple Business, not broke, don't fix it. Thanks NCAAA.

Why would they need to invest in this, when there is a near professional league (NCAA) that is developing these young players before they are primed for the big boys.

I don't know whether it's funny or sad that you think the NCAA actually prepares players for the NFL.

seems to work out just fine for the NHL and the MLB
Yeah because people actually go and watch minor league baseball for whatever reason.
I don't know whether it's funny or sad that you think the NCAA actually prepares players for the NFL.
Some programs more so then others....

If it was as poor of a league as you claim, then far less rookie players would be able to make such an immediate impact on Sundays.

Draft picks would not be the highest form of currency an NFL GM could get their hands on.

You can certainly also argue college football creativity and play design (offensively) even proceeds the NFL on a few fronts.

But you are totally right, the MASSIVE machine that is college football and all of the coaches that get paid big bucks are all idiots.

And that some B squad NFL coaching staff with all of the unwanted players left around, are all channeling their inner Vince Lombardy.

Yeah because people actually go and watch minor league baseball for whatever reason.

Some programs more so then others....

If it was as poor of a league as you claim, then far less rookie players would be able to make such an immediate impact on Sundays.

Draft picks would not be the highest form of currency an NFL GM could get their hands on.

You can certainly also argue college football creativity and play design (offensively) even proceeds the NFL on a few fronts.

But you are totally right, the MASSIVE machine that is college football and all of the coaches that get paid big bucks are all idiots.

And that some B squad NFL coaching staff with all of the unwanted players left around, are all channeling their inner Vince Lombardy.

C'mon. And just how many rookies make an immediate impact in their first year in the NFL? That percentage is incredibly low.

The majority of revenue comes from TV revenue; almost 2/3's to be precise. Companies would also buy commercial time for televised D-league games as well. After all, it would be an extension of the NFL and they are already wildly successful with cornering advertisements. Companies throw themselves at the NFL for such an opportunity. That alone would subsidize the league.

Where did I ever say that NCAA coaches are "idiots"? Slow your roll, buddy. That couldn't be farther from what I believe as the truth.

There are many, many brilliant coaches at both the collegiate and even high school levels. Just b/c I stated that they are not getting them ready for the NFL means no so such thing. First and foremost, it's not their job as coaches to prepare them for the NFL. It's their job to to coach them as collegiate athletes which have a very different set of surrounding circumstances then the professional level.

C'mon. And just how many rookies make an immediate impact in their first year in the NFL? That percentage is incredibly low.

The majority of revenue comes from TV revenue; almost 2/3's to be precise. Companies would also buy commercial time for televised D-league games as well. After all, it would be an extension of the NFL and they are already wildly successful with cornering advertisements. Companies throw themselves at the NFL for such an opportunity. That alone would subsidize the league.

Where did I ever say that NCAA coaches are "idiots"? Slow your roll, buddy. That couldn't be farther from what I believe as the truth.

There are many, many brilliant coaches at both the collegiate and even high school levels. Just b/c I stated that they are not getting them ready for the NFL means no so such thing. First and foremost, it's not their job as coaches to prepare them for the NFL. It's their job to to coach them as collegiate athletes which have a very different set of surrounding circumstances then the professional level.

Major revenue comes from the viewership of said games.

How has the "Off Beat" football market worked out for all of these fly by night leagues that have come and gone over the years?

Also, you think with football running 4 nights a week as is, even IF people were interested, when would you televise?

Would you just run the D-League during the off season, but then the coaches are no "developing & educating" the players when they really need them to - during the season.

I think I have proved my point, all you did was backtrack from your quote of college football being trash.

And I kept it about the $$$$$$, which is what the NFL does.

I'm done with you today SOS. Peace Out.

Major revenue comes from the viewership of said games.

No it does not. Even fan attendance and ticket sales mean very little for revenue purposes when compared to TV revenue.

How has the "Off Beat" football market worked out for all of these fly by night leagues that have come and gone over the years?

The issue is that besides NFL Europe, none have been associated. NFL Europe was also successful in helping players train and develop for the NFL but it's experimental location proved to be the detriment.

all you did was backtrack from your quote of college football being trash.

Absolutely not. That's utter BS.

Back
Top Bottom