Potential Cuts coming Throughout the NFL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential Cuts coming Throughout the NFL

Just increase the practice squad by a additional 12 plus players and add 5 players to the roster 3 more active for game day. You could finance part of it by decreasing players salary marginaly.

I like the idea of a D-League... I agree with everything SoS says in regards to it... but it wont get televised. It wont make money that way.

I like the idea of a D-League... I agree with everything SoS says in regards to it... but it wont get televised. It wont make money that way.

Probably right in that it wouldn't receive nearly the same support by TV revenue. It would take some sort of re-branding or marketing scheme to even make it a viable venture in that aspect. Though if it were an offseason type program I know I would tune in just for the fact that there would be football on in the dead months of the NFL season.

Egg was before the chicken, no doubt about it

:thumbsup

Logic suggests :

Chickens and all birds are the descendants of dinosaurs - dinosaurs were hatched from eggs - thus the egg must predate the chicken.

Next time the question is asked tell them they didn't say the chicken egg, just the egg. Thus the obvious answer is there were eggs before the chicken.

Logic suggests :

Chickens and all birds are the descendants of dinosaurs - dinosaurs were hatched from eggs - thus the egg must predate the chicken.

Next time the question is asked tell them they didn't say the chicken egg, just the egg. Thus the obvious answer is there were eggs before the chicken.

Eggsactly!

It could perhaps. I mean ESPN airs arena football league on ESPN2 I believe it is. Pair that with ESPN is grasping to hang on/get viewers, it wouldn't be amazing views but there would be enough to warrant airing it & I would watch a D-League over the Arena Football craziness any day of the week. I think it would be great, not just for fans during the dead months of no football, not just the players in it, but also teams could do something like allow head of scouting be the mini-GM of the team, break in aspiring ex players that want to be coaches, etc... and you set up yourself up with knowledge as a franchise player wise, staff wise if ever need to make moves/hires.

They have a d league already in arena football

NFL has nothing to do with Arena football. Just because there is an additional avenue for players doesn't mean it correlates as a D-league. Definitely not the same in terms of what can and should be done.

NFL has nothing to do with Arena football. Just because there is an additional avenue for players doesn't mean it correlates as a D-league. Definitely not the same in terms of what can and should be done.
It's a place for the less talented skilled position players to go play. We don't need a league run by NFL of shitty football

It's a place for the less talented skilled position players to go play. We don't need a league run by NFL of ****ty football

At the rate of turnover of college players not lasting in the NFL because they weren't properly prepared football wise to schemes and such, it says otherwise. Eventually the game is going to dry up due to less and less talent that results in "eh" games being shown on tv, $$$ earnings go down, etc. Last I checked, Arena football has some iffy rules and overall playing(I could be wrong but last time I ever gave Arena a quick glimpse on tv it was odd), so how does that help hone and sharpen their skills?

At the rate of turnover of college players not lasting in the NFL because they weren't properly prepared football wise to schemes and such, it says otherwise. Eventually the game is going to dry up due to less and less talent that results in "eh" games being shown on tv, $$$ earnings go down, etc. Last I checked, Arena football has some iffy rules and overall playing(I could be wrong but last time I ever gave Arena a quick glimpse on tv it was odd), so how does that help hone and sharpen their skills?
Everyone bitches preseason is too long and ups want to make a whole league of week 4 players? When would this league play? Xfl spent a fortune and folded. They can go play in Canada or arena now

Back
Top Bottom