Pouncey: Tannehill is better than Luck and RG3, more like Brady | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pouncey: Tannehill is better than Luck and RG3, more like Brady

sorry, I thought it was a serious question. Many people don't know exactly how they determine the sched. Use smilies next time you are joking.

we'll call it 3 good Ds then but 400 yds are nice but more INts than TDs and LOSING b/c of one your INTs kind of takes a little away especially since a good chunk of yardage came from an 80 yd TD where a WR was wide open and did most of the work himself.

62-113, 846 yds, 2 TDs, 5 INTs, 54.8 rating, led O to average of 14.6 PPG, 0-3 record

actually most of the posters on here are acting like he is jesus himself

Not quite. What you see is hope, something this board has been devoid of for a long time. Most of us are just thrilled that he is way further along in his development than anyone expected.

Now let's compare how that raw rookie going forward from starting his 20th game ever as QB vs a seasoned 4 year pro fares against top Ds

4yr seasoned pro:
Opponent / QBR / Completion % / tot yds / TDS/Ints /

Pittsburgg/ 66.6/ 38.5% / 138 / 1TD 0Ints
Miami game 1. 56.2/46.6% /, 306yds,/ 1TD/ 2Ints/
SF 39.9 / 44.8% / 103yds/ 0TD 1Int
Houston: 54.5/ 45.1%/ 230yds/ 1TD/ 2 Ints
Miami #2: 65.6/ 51.9%*/ 283*yds/ 1TD/ 1Int

4th year vet vs formidible D's:
57.5QBR, 46.2% completion, 212avg yds/game, 4TDs, 6Ints

I'll take the raw rook thanks.

Now let's compare how that raw rookie going forward from starting his 20th game ever as QB vs a seasoned 4 year pro fares against top Ds

4yr seasoned pro:
Opponent / QBR / Completion % / tot yds / TDS/Ints /

Pittsburgg/ 66.6/ 38.5% / 138 / 1TD 0Ints
Miami game 1. 56.2/46.6% /, 306yds,/ 1TD/ 2Ints/
SF 39.9 / 44.8% / 103yds/ 0TD 1Int
Houston: 54.5/ 45.1%/ 230yds/ 1TD/ 2 Ints
Miami #2: 65.6/ 51.9%*/ 283*yds/ 1TD/ 1Int

4th year vet vs formidible D's:
57.5QBR, 46.2% completion, 212avg yds/game, 4TDs, 6Ints

I'll take the raw rook thanks.

wake me up when the great Ryan wins a playoff game and did you notice how much better your O looked after he got hurt Sunday?

Well funny thing is the NFL manufactures these matchups. Pretty sure Indianapolis had to play New England a tad bit too much just because the NFL wanted to ratings from the Peyton vs Brady match up. Brady's got a record of 8-3 vs the Colts I think? Something like that, pretty sure we didn't play the AFC South that many times the past 12 years, but the Patriots had to, to satisfy the NFL's thirst for ratings.

If Luck and Tannehill become superstar quarterbacks, we're going to go through that stuff, which IMO is unfair, there should be more balance, balance shouldn't be created by ratings.

You do realize the schedule is basically set from year to year.

You play 1 NFC division each year (so you only play 1 division every 4 years).

You play 1 AFC division each year as well as the team in each of the other 2 AFC divisions that finished the same as you in their division (we finish 3rd, we play the 3rd place team in the AFC West and South; we play all of the North - and you switch each year which division you play completely)

The reason Brady and Peyton played each other every year is b/c both finished 1st in their division almost every year over the last decade.

wake me up when the great Ryan wins a playoff game and did you notice how much better your O looked after he got hurt Sunday?

wake me up when Snatchez actually leads his team by being anything but that chain's weakest link.

Oh like i've been saying all along, Matt Moore is now the 3rd best QB in the division so why would you be surprised when the #2 goes down? And would it surprise anyone but you if the jest actually looked anything better than anemic vs top Ds with McElroy or even Tebow under center. For us, fortunately when it applies to your over-promising, under-delivering buffoon of a coach "ignorance is bliss"

it's happened, if you take off your teal glasses you'd see it.

Relatively speaking, Rex Grossman did more than his "lite version" with less to work with, actually won a conference championship and represented in the SB but despite that, no one wants him either. Go figure. :idk:

Sanchez has been a decent QB. They're just in a down cycle with injuries and I for the life of my scratched my head when the traded to get Tim Tebow. This send the wrong kinda of message to your starting QB.

Relatively speaking, Rex Grossman did more than his "lite version" with less to work with, actually won a conference championship and represented in the SB but despite that, no one wants him either. Go figure. :idk:

except for the little fact that Rex has half the playoff wins mark has, played in a weak NFC where he won 2 home games(2nd seeded team was 10-6) and he's never won another playoff game but keep rambling b/c it helps you believe the nonsense you spew.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Sanchez has been a decent QB. They're just in a down cycle with injuries and I for the life of my scratched my head when the traded to get Tim Tebow. This send the wrong kinda of message to your starting QB.

I don't think tebow has really hurt him, I think Tebow has hurt the offense(no fault of his own) as they can't figure out the perfect way to use him yet. Mark's been up and down, he's had some key injuries and othr issues but he should be more consistent. He looks so good one moment than bad the next. His consistency is frustrating.

Mark's been up and down, he's had some key injuries and othr issues but he should be more consistent. He looks so good one moment than bad the next. His consistency is frustrating.

And that will be his undoing. That is what should have shown dramatic improvements by now. How do you draw up an offensive game plan if you do not know which Sanchez will show up for the game? When you are missing open receivers, it doesn't matter who is running the route. Can you imagine how frustrating it must be for the coaching staff to watch this guy?

Im so glad Sparano is helping the Dolphins by ruining the Jet's offense. What a class act, taking one for the team like that.

except for the little fact that Rex has half the playoff wins mark has, played in a weak NFC where he won 2 home games(2nd seeded team was 10-6) and he's never won another playoff game

Why do you think that you are the sole decider of what constitutes success in the NFL?

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Im so glad Sparano is helping the Dolphins by ruining the Jet's offense. What a class act, taking one for the team like that.

The Fins should probably pay him more now than when he was the HC. Certainly more effective for the Fins.

30m6dm8-1.jpg

except for the little fact that Rex has half the playoff wins mark has, played in a weak NFC where he won 2 home games(2nd seeded team was 10-6) and he's never won another playoff game but keep rambling b/c it helps you believe the nonsense you spew.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I don't think tebow has really hurt him, I think Tebow has hurt the offense(no fault of his own) as they can't figure out the perfect way to use him yet. Mark's been up and down, he's had some key injuries and othr issues but he should be more consistent. He looks so good one moment than bad the next. His consistency is frustrating.

Comparable QBR, completion percentage, winning percentage when both were the weaker links on their teams' chains; only difference is that Sanchez didn't earn his way into 2 post season wins and never accomplished what Grossman accomplished. Who would rather have 4 post season wins when the QB did little to drive them into the position to get 2 of em, vs 2 wins that resulted in an actual CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP and SUPERBOWL appearance. Grossman has been more successful than Sanchez and still no one wants him either.

Why do you think that you are the sole decider of what constitutes success in the NFL?

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

The Fins should probably pay him more now than when he was the HC. Certainly more effective for the Fins.

so we should take your biased word for it?

Back
Top Bottom