Practice squad and roster moves | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice squad and roster moves

Why do we have a 29 year old (Hills) on the PS?

Never heard of anyone that old on the PS before.
Agree - that is old for PS. However, I was interested to read Jared Odrick's comments about Hills being physically the widest guy on the team (but both could fit shoulder to shoulder in his new Fiat). 29 is old to still be trying to make it, but Hills must have shown somebody something to have been given this opportunity. I figured that he was just a Camp body but he must have earned it.
I was not aware Hills has been in the NFL since 2008, with stints in Pittsbugh, Denver and Indianapolis before coming to Miami

You don't by chance wear a cowboy hat and go to Miami Mike's on occasion, do you?

No. I do not, although I have wanted to go to Miami Mike's and live in the woods where many people wear cowboy hats. I am just a regular female Dolphins fan who teaches PE and knows and follows football more than most men I know. I make the trip from NJ to Florida for at least 1 game every year and haven't missed watching a preseason or regular game in 10 years. Just upgraded to a 70 inch TV for the games and have my 27 inch above the bar for the Red Zone. Can't wait for Sunday!

Very happy to see Hazel on the practice squad, was a little worried we were going to lose him.

But we can still lose him? That's now how the 49ers lost Michael Thomas to the Dolphins when he was on their practice squad?

I think the 8 LB;s and all the safties really have to stay on their toes. I see after week 4 when Jordan and Jones come back those are the positions that are gonna be subject to the cuts that will go along with them coming back. The 2 new DB's Ross and Seamster will have to impress to stay as well as all the LB's.

But we can still lose him? That's now how the 49ers lost Michael Thomas to the Dolphins when he was on their practice squad?

Yeah they are essentially paid free agents and the Dolphins have no rights over him. The only thing we could do is opt to pay him like the league base salary in hopes he'd prefer to stay on our squad rather than go elsewhere. And what discourages teams from taking a looksie at other teams practice squad players is they need to keep the player on their roster for a set amount of time. So you can't just go around claiming PS players willy nilly.

Seastrunk passed through waivers without anyone claiming him. Even Washington chose NOT to put him on their practice squad. Something all of us must be missing when it comes to this player

Seastrunk passed through waivers without anyone claiming him. Even Washington chose NOT to put him on their practice squad. Something all of us must be missing when it comes to this player

Seastrunk and Sams will be on an NFL roster at some point this season. The fact that they opted not to sign a practice squad deal doesn't always mean nobody wants them.

Usually when teams claim a player off a another teams ps, it means they have a big need for that position.

It's doubtful someone needing WR help would want Hazel, over the guys With NFL experience. To expect a small school 6th rnd pick, a rookie, to jump teams before the season starts and learn a new playbook isn't realistic.

There's also an unwritten rule amongst Some gms and coaches not to snatch up certain players off each others ps. Hazel Should be fine IMO.

Seastrunk and Sams will be on an NFL roster at some point this season. The fact that they opted not to sign a practice squad deal doesn't always mean nobody wants them.

I get that exact point. WE did have alot of people on here that wanted him on our 53. I am surprised because we had people telling us he would never make it through waivers

Usually when teams claim a player off a another teams ps, it means they have a big need for that position.

It's doubtful someone needing WR help would want Hazel, over the guys With NFL experience. To expect a small school 6th rnd pick, a rookie, to jump teams before the season starts and learn a new playbook isn't realistic.

There's also an unwritten rule amongst Some gms and coaches not to snatch up certain players off each others ps. Hazel Should be fine IMO.

Funny thing is if you look around at other teams their fans are saying same thing about fear of putting players on the PS. Teams just went through tough process of getting down to roster limits. Going to have to really think that player is going to help you win now if your going to put him on the 53. That's why we don't see it happen more often IMO.

not sure if allen reisner tight end was claimed or put on a p squad but watching his preseason work with the vikings i'd be adding that to the 53 and cutting a guy like darkwa

oh and the chiefs are in trouble with that oline...looks a lot like ours last year with stephenson out first 4 weeks at right tackle pass pro wise...fisher is not a very good left tackle...we better get after that front in week 3 cause it's got problems

As people dug deeper there were some serious redflags with Seastrunk, he had an iffy combine including running a lot slower than expected (40 times are overrated, but when you are projecting a guy to run a 4.3 and he's near 4.6 and is healthy that is an eye opener). But reports out of Washington are also he just was not willing to block. It's one thing to be bad but willing (Daniel Thomas and Lamar Miller aren't good blockers but they'll try) Seastrunk flat out didn't want to

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN 4s
The Patriots waived OL Chris Barker and claimed DB Don Jones off waivers from the Dolphins, per NFL transaction wire.

smh

Back
Top Bottom