Practice squad and roster moves | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice squad and roster moves

I think I would have gone after Tyler Bray over Lobato had he been released. KC ended up hiding Bray on its IR.

Don't know much about Bray and the only thing I know about Lobato is what I saw during preseason. I just think Lobato has some upside. Now, I'm not thinking that the guy will ever be a starter but if he can just be a decent & reliable backup in the future I could live with that. I thought Devlin might have developed into that role but I think he maxed out....

Bwal58bCAAAa6RV-1.jpg

To me, Garrison Smith is the class of that list. He has some talent. I'm glad we have Hazel though, because if we endure another WR injury crisis, He'd be a ready to step in and not be terrible. It's good to see they are giving Brenner a chance ... but I just don't think he can gain enough power to be an NFL caliber player. It's like they think just because we're a move zone blocking scheme that it's OK to have OL with no power ... it's a pillow fighting club or something.

I love this stuff. I read all 21 freakin' pages of this. But in reality, how often does a guy from a Practice Squad go on to have a good NFL career? This probably isn't going to mean much for this year, and definitely not going to mean much in the long run. Teams cycle through a bunch of guys. They want them ready if they need them. So there ends up being a lot of turnover on the practice squad ... some guys are on the practice squad, then get released, and a month later come back on the practice squad.

Why do we have a 29 year old (Hills) on the PS?

Never heard of anyone that old on the PS before.

Our practice squad shook out pretty perfectly. Brenner, Hazel, and Garrison were the cuts I didn't want to lose. Streeter is an extremely interesting addition. Good stuff.

I thought Hoskins was our savior???

He might be good but he's a niche player the same as clay is.

I said this when we drafted lynch, lynch may not light up the highlight reel, but his blocking and ability to run Routes was important scheme wise.

Gator is more clay, where he he only fits certain schemes. That's why clay and gator Fell in there drafts, only Certain offenses can use there skill set.

Which works well for us because we get them for nothing, and there awesome mismatch guys, and incredibly hard To shadow. But we still need another True TE For certain sets. Losing lynch was bigger than ppl think.

I had high hopes for Lynch when we took him,to bad he was injured

Why do we have a 29 year old (Hills) on the PS?

Never heard of anyone that old on the PS before.
Incredible right?

When he was cut I thought it was a shame as he'd been solid in preseason. Has he played in so few games over his career Tha he can still qualify for PS or was he a Weeden-style late graduate?

Back
Top Bottom