Practice squad and roster moves | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice squad and roster moves

2) The Miami Dolphins & Bill Lazor are already tailoring our offense for burner & body catcher Mike Wallace.

really? how's that? explanation [in detail].......... link?........ video of lazor actually saying this?

or did you just forget the smiley face at the end. sorry, i just dont see bill lazor coming in and changing his offense for ANY one player.

Can I take credit that Damian Williams actually did not end up on the team? LOL. I did not think they'd keep him.
Jeffy never followed your advice - he would do the opposite, but it appears that Dennis reads and values your recommendations. I thought that Williams was decent. He definitely helped to put pressure on the others at Training Camp. That may have been the plan all along.
Yes, Hayden Fox is correct, AGAIN!

Just noticed Jeff Baca was cut...I'd like to bring him in for the practice squad.

#Packers worked out 3 QBs today:
QB Pat Develin, Delaware
QB Jon Jennings, Saginaw Valley State
QB Jeff Mathews, Cornell

Wondering if the Wi9lliams move was to give us a better chance to get him on the practice squad?

No, he was cut so we didn't have to pay him a guaranteed salary. He isn't PS eligible. Therefore if we want we can bring him back after week 1 on a non-guarnateed contract.

Do you think Brenner actually has starting potential if he continues in an NFL caliber strength and conditioning program, or do you think he's just a guy who will never be anything more than a backup?

He has to anchor better...he may be maxed out physically...and he's a little small also...but his game is a good scheme fit...

Strange how few moves are made every year after the final cuts. Makes very little sense to me. Defies probability, given so many different teams and positions. NFL general managers struggle to hit a decent percentage in the 2nd or 3rd round, so how can they believe they made exactly the right call among 53 guys? They aren't 10% wrong? I'd love to wager they are 10% wrong. Minimum. After all, these guys at the end of the roster have little to no trade value. Yet all my guys with little to no value are superior to all the players who were just let go elsewhere? It's comical when viewed in that window.

We value our own. I guess that's the lesson. It may be a rusted tool box but it's my rusted tool box, the one I prioritized and pursued at one point in time. I'm not trading it for your tool box, even if the rust is less evident. It reminds me of threads on the major golf sites, asking "Best used 3 wood?" and similar. Those threads quickly turn into a recitation of the club each person is using. Big race to name it, and then hope others agree.

I propose that we're still in the infancy of this type of thing. It may seem like a sophisticated league and era but in many facets it's not. Decades from now the conventional wisdom will change with more post-cut movement. It's similar to the outsiders who use metrics or similar to detect flaws in the personnel evaluation process, or professors who assert that football coaches are not aggressive enough on 4th down, that punts are tighter to a turnover than we've been schooled to accept. Eventually somebody will get around to spotlighting the bottom of the roster. Not surprising that it hasn't exactly been a priority.

Ross sounds like a mess. There seem to be better options there like Major Wright and our own Chris Clemons. Sure, Ross has experience, but it's experience as the next-to-last rated safety according to PFF.

Seamster has an intriguing blend of size and speed. I'd wanna know whether his hips are fluid enough or whether there is stiffness there before I jump to conclusions. With 10 collegiate starts at low level, he will be hard pressed to work in the base defense.

Streeter has been a wideout that has always been fascinating going back to the U. Tremendous size and good speed. But he didn't go until the 6th round and two years later he's bouncing around. You've got to believe he's a major long shot to ever figure anything out.

There are plenty of guys out there that looked intriguing but we stood relatively pat. Seth Lobato stands out. There seem like other options for a developmental qb. Then again, I can't think of many real contributors from final cuts. They are usually of the RJ Stanford variety. Guys that may linger around and even get live snaps but don't amount to much, really.

He has to anchor better...he may be maxed out physically...and he's a little small also...but his game is a good scheme fit...

Brenner has some feisty and fight in him, and a hard worker, but his lower and upper body strength is not adequate against these mammoth NT's.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Ross sounds like a mess. There seem to be better options there like Major Wright and our own Chris Clemons. Sure, Ross has experience, but it's experience as the next-to-last rated safety according to PFF.

Seamster has an intriguing blend of size and speed. I'd wanna know whether his hips are fluid enough or whether there is stiffness there before I jump to conclusions. With 10 collegiate starts at low level, he will be hard pressed to work in the base defense.

Streeter has been a wideout that has always been fascinating going back to the U. Tremendous size and good speed. But he didn't go until the 6th round and two years later he's bouncing around. You've got to believe he's a major long shot to ever figure anything out.

There are plenty of guys out there that looked intriguing but we stood relatively pat. Seth Lobato stands out. There seem like other options for a developmental qb. Then again, I can't think of many real contributors from final cuts. They are usually of the RJ Stanford variety. Guys that may linger around and even get live snaps but don't amount to much, really.

Watching the Buc's game, I was not impressed with Streeter. Signing him over Hazel was a head scratcher IMHO. The coaches know more than I do :idk:
My guess is that since he attended Miami Northwestern High, he never learned to read and was always given a pass. It continued into college with Randy Shannon.
The guy has talent, but he is probably near illiterate and cannot handle the mental aspects of the game. Just a theory.

Brenner has some feisty and fight in him, and a hard worker, but his lower and upper body strength is not adequate against these mammoth NT's.

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Watching the Buc's game, I was not impressed with Streeter. Signing him over Hazel was a head scratcher IMHO. The coaches no more than I do.

One thing everybody has to remember is you can't just sign players to your practice squad, they have to also want to sign with you. For example Hazel may have been approached by the Dolphins but declined, wanting to see if a 53-man roster spot with another team is an option or maybe a more intriguing practice squad offer comes from another team.

[tweet]506140087500152832[/tweet]
[tweet]506156878389608448[/tweet]
[tweet]506138543840718848[/tweet]
[tweet]506127403748704256[/tweet]
[tweet]506099606665846785[/tweet]
[tweet]506131493413203968[/tweet]
Updates will be posted

Great - Damian Williams gets scooped up by the Jets or Pats and lights us up...

:rolleyes2:

One thing everybody has to remember is you can't just sign players to your practice squad, they have to also want to sign with you. For example Hazel may have been approached by the Dolphins but declined, wanting to see if a 53-man roster spot with another team is an option or maybe a more intriguing practice squad offer comes from another team.

Very true. He would be a fool to turn down any offer at this point IMHO. It just makes sense that he would return.

Back
Top Bottom