Practice squad and roster moves | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice squad and roster moves

Rex Grossman released by Browns.

Guess they changed there mind and released him.

Well I for one am Happy about this...more happy than I am about any other move...this kid still though must get stronger

Do you think Brenner actually has starting potential if he continues in an NFL caliber strength and conditioning program, or do you think he's just a guy who will never be anything more than a backup?

Can I take credit that Damian Williams actually did not end up on the team? LOL. I did not think they'd keep him.

Wonder if Don Jones goes on the PS. He showed some potential last season. Not sure what happened to him between then and now.

He showed no potential outside of ST. Now granted, a good gunner is a great thing to have (and he had a hand in the win against Atlanta last year), but we have other players who are proven good ST players and have also shown potential in other areas. He was drafted with the idea of being a similar player to Jimmy Wilson and he got passed by Walt Aiken and Michael Thomas... and all 3 of those guys are good ST players.

Can I take credit that Damian Williams actually did not end up on the team? LOL. I did not think they'd keep him.

Yes, but I wouldn't count him out yet. Wouldn't be surprised if he is back sometime this season if he is not signed by another team.

Yes, but I wouldn't count him out yet. Wouldn't be surprised if he is back sometime this season if he is not signed by another team.

Maybe after Week One as a vested vet he currently is...

Do you think Brenner actually has starting potential if he continues in an NFL caliber strength and conditioning program, or do you think he's just a guy who will never be anything more than a backup?

Just doesn't have the frame, imo. You can get away with being a little smaller in a ZBS but you still have to be able to anchor against the pass rush.

I like that Dennis doubled down on DB help. Never have enough.

From watching Streeter in college at the U and some at the pros the guy is a one dimensional player. Can only run the go route and is a burner. Can't catch to save his life.

Guess they see some Wallace Jr. in him?

His measurements make you salivate.

6'5 WR that runs a 4.37

But he needs to ALOT of work.

My initial gut feeling is that..

1) Tommy Streeter is a freakish burner, but had trouble sticking on an NFL team, because he would need an offense tailor-made for his limitations. No NFL team would be willing to tailor their offense for a developmental prospect.

2) The Miami Dolphins & Bill Lazor are already tailoring our offense for burner & body catcher Mike Wallace. So if there was one NFL team where Tommy Streeter could develop & eventually thrive, it could be on the Miami Dolphins.

Just my guess.

[video=youtube;uqJ1XybOv2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqJ1XybOv2M[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqJ1XybOv2M

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/tommy-streeter?id=2533539

Wondering if the Wi9lliams move was to give us a better chance to get him on the practice squad?

Back
Top Bottom