Practice squad and roster moves | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice squad and roster moves

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 8s
Deji Olatoye got the spot that was expected to go to Sammy Seamster who was claimed by the Dolphins. Olatoye recently tried out for Miami

He signed w/ Baltimore

Daytona, add another thanks to the list! Life as a First Sgt is busy....took me 10 minutes to catch up with everything. Thanks man!

Update on Streeter:

He was considered to be one of the best wide receiver prospects for the 2012 NFL Draft before sliding all the way down to the 6th round....

As a junior, Streeter led the Miami Hurricanes in receptions with 46, receiving yards with 811 and touchdowns with eight.

On December 5, 2011, Streeter announced that he would forego his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL Draft...

Streeter was drafted to the Baltimore Ravens in the sixth round, 198th Overall, of the 2012 NFL Draft...

On August 31, 2012, He was placed on Injured Reserve because of a foot injury...

On August 25, 2013, he was waived by the Ravens...

On September 1 he signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as a member of their practice squad...

The Buccaneers released Streeter on August 24, 2014...

Great signing if you ask me!

From watching Streeter in college at the U and some at the pros the guy is a one dimensional player. Can only run the go route and is a burner. Can't catch to save his life.

Guess they see some Wallace Jr. in him?

His measurements make you salivate.

6'5 WR that runs a 4.37

But he needs to ALOT of work.

At least he is not dumber than a box of rocks

I'm gonna stay on this soap box until this team gets a 3 down mike...but I will say they seem to have figured out the tackle spot in one offseason and that is not an easy thing to do...free agency or draft

Now go get a damn every down mike and this d gets a whole lot more difficult to deal with

Josh Katzenstein ‏@jkatzenstein 17s
As @mikerothstein noted, Lions say in press release they signed TE Michael Egnew to PS. Website has TE Jordan Thompson.
Josh Katzenstein ‏@jkatzenstein 31s
#Lions send updated press release. TE Michael Egnew is NOT on the practice squad. TE Jordan Thompson is.

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal 31s
Hickey also says several attributes led to RB Orleans Darkwa making team: his burst, special teams play, hands.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Dolphins sign Sam Brenner to practice squad, according to a source

The legion of tin foil hats can breathe a sigh of relief after spending all weekend thinking the Patriots were going to pick him up and end our season before it began.

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal 1m
And Hickey expects the Dolphins to make full use of the new 10-man practice squad.

Josh Katzenstein ‏@jkatzenstein 17s
As @mikerothstein noted, Lions say in press release they signed TE Michael Egnew to PS. Website has TE Jordan Thompson.
Josh Katzenstein ‏@jkatzenstein 31s
#Lions send updated press release. TE Michael Egnew is NOT on the practice squad. TE Jordan Thompson is.

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal 31s
Hickey also says several attributes led to RB Orleans Darkwa making team: his burst, special teams play, hands.

:bobdole:

Sheesh

Our previous #3 TE can barely make the Lions PS

Thigpen and Thomas seemed to have slipped through the cracks too.

Isn't it better for teams to sign veteran players after week 1? I forget why, but I thought it has something to do with the contract situations.

Signing a vet AFTER week 1 allows teams to sign them without guaranteeing their salary. They can be cut at any time with no $ loss to the team.

That's what I was thinking of...thank you. So there's a better chance we see Daniel Thomas and Thigpen signed somewhere AFTER week 1. We could even bring back Damian Williams AFTER week one at a cheaper price, not guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom