Practice squad and roster moves | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice squad and roster moves

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 12s
WR Damian Williams release means Dolphins KR/PR duties are down to WR Jarvis Landry, RB Damien Williams and RB Orleans Darwka

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley now
Hickey suggests that Nate Garner would be the center, should something happen to Satele.

Garner played great in preseason, IMO. With the caveat that he was often playing vs 2s and 3s

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2m
"Fortunately we have cap flexibility," Dennis Hickey said of his team's cap situation. "We always want to have flexibility."

I like Damian but it's sensible to keep Matthews above him.

Jason Fox and Don Jones were the biggest surprises to me among the guys who survived yesterday's cuts. I didn't watch them in the preseason finale because I assumed they were gone.

Kinda figured a linebacker would go before WR but think most of us had Jones and Fox on the list.

While I'm not thrilled with the Williams cut, at least I won't have to stop each time I write his name to make sure I have the right players spelling...LOL

I know that, I had Darkwa on the bubble and Damian somewhat safe.

Ahh I got you. I think part of the reason is you get these young guys and you have their Exclusive Rights for 3 or 4 years with a cheap contract on the table so a guy like Williams in a #6 WR role made little sense. I'd try to tell people that, but it was a difficult argument once they cut Hazel and kept him on the roster. This made more sense.

And credit to Darkwa, dude was breaking tackles all preseason outside of the times he was "gang tackled". He earned his spot IMO, even though I thought Daniel Thomas would make the team over him.

Jordan Kovacs and Don Jones were two top special teams players for us.

Losing them is gonna hurt special teams, imo. Not to mention the utter lack of a REAL KR/PR...

PLUS the lack of a strong-legged, healthy kicker.

Miami is gonna struggle on special teams this year. 1/3 of the game is guaranteed bottom third of the league.

No way to start the season, imo.

LD

Guess it was a 7th rounder
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10s
Terms: The #Texans traded a 2016 conditional 7th round pick for #Patriots QB Ryan Mallett, source said.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Ross, 6-foot, 191 pounds, had 54 tackles last year for Oakland and was graded by Pro Football Focus as the NFL’s No. 85 safety out of 86.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-undrafted-rookie-sammy-seamster-off-waivers/

Garner played great in preseason, IMO. With the caveat that he was often playing vs 2s and 3s

I would expect Garner to be playing center by the 3rd series on the patriots game. Wilfork will maul Satele. This match up was one of the reasons Miami cut him and signed Jake Grove.
Garner is a bigger man and will battle with Wilfork on more even terms. We will see..

They should have kept Damian Williams. He has the speed to get deep, something that none of the other receivers have except Mike Wallace.

Losing them is gonna hurt special teams, imo. Not to mention the utter lack of a REAL KR/PR...

Miami is gonna struggle on special teams this year. 1/3 of the game is guaranteed bottom third of the league.

LD

I could be wrong, but I believe both guys we claimed are core special teams players. I do worry about Sturgis and the return game though.

LD

:lol:

why is everyone so worried about the return game? 9 out of 10 kickoffs are touch backs now, and at least 50% of punts are either fair catches or left to bounce inside the 10

Hickey said the coaches have confidence in Caleb Sturgis, but he's always preparing for contingencies. "We'll explore all options that way."

Basically what I thought there not going to make any moves at this time, could change after week one for a non-guaranteed veteran option maybe.

Completely agree. Love the pickup. Physical superfreak. He came up during the Shannon, Jacory years which was essentially a developmental black hole. It will be interesting to see how he develops in a better situation.

Update on Streeter:

He was considered to be one of the best wide receiver prospects for the 2012 NFL Draft before sliding all the way down to the 6th round....

As a junior, Streeter led the Miami Hurricanes in receptions with 46, receiving yards with 811 and touchdowns with eight.

On December 5, 2011, Streeter announced that he would forego his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL Draft...

Streeter was drafted to the Baltimore Ravens in the sixth round, 198th Overall, of the 2012 NFL Draft...

On August 31, 2012, He was placed on Injured Reserve because of a foot injury...

On August 25, 2013, he was waived by the Ravens...

On September 1 he signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as a member of their practice squad...

The Buccaneers released Streeter on August 24, 2014...

Great signing if you ask me!

Back
Top Bottom