Practice squad and roster moves | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice squad and roster moves

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 26s
"We feel like we have a lot of talent there and we're anxious to see them play," Hickey said of the linebackers on the 53.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 11s
So the Dolphins are presently carrying 5 receivers on the 53 man roster. Tommy Streeter on the PS, and likely Matt Hazel.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 12s
#Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey said they feel great about C Mike Pouney's rehab and that factored into taking him off the PUP.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 12s
#Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey said the team feels confident in kick returners despite the release of Marcus Thigpen and Damian Williams.

I'm thinking Landry on punt returns and DW5 on kickoffs.

I didn't even know Streeter was ps squad eligable...

I'm not expecting much.

Nor am I. Streeter is a lumbering player who doesn't run precise routes and takes quite a bit of time coming out of his cuts and adjusting to the ball. Hard to see him ever becoming a starter or even among somebody's top 4 receivers. Even in high school Streeter played second fiddle at Northwestern to Aldarius Johnson.

As a Cane during his final season Streeter became much more reliable and aggressive in the red zone. That's seemingly his only logical NFL role, as a specialty mismatch target due to his height.

Darkwa over Damian Williams is puzzling to me.

Surprised by the Williams cut. Thought with Thigpen gone, he would be the KR. I guess we will be playing with 5WRs. Sue hope Hazel wasn't claimed. Don't think he was, really hoping he doesn't get plucked. If one of the 5 go down, he may be needed. Don't know much about Streeter, but I like Hazel.

Surprised by Williams being cut. Not remotely surprised by Jones. Happy to see us get in secondary help, just not convinced by the targets we picked.

I like Damian but it's sensible to keep Matthews above him.

Jason Fox and Don Jones were the biggest surprises to me among the guys who survived yesterday's cuts. I didn't watch them in the preseason finale because I assumed they were gone.

Having 2 Damian(en) williams on the team was torture. Thank god we only have one now! (And the better one). We won't be missing him

Miami is still radically hurting in the return game.

And the kicking game, potentially.

These are "free" yards, btw. It's so hard for me to understand why Philbin/Sparano/Ireland have zero ability to fix the return component.

LD

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 12s
WR Damian Williams release means Dolphins KR/PR duties are down to WR Jarvis Landry, RB Damien Williams and RB Orleans Darwka

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley now
Hickey suggests that Nate Garner would be the center, should something happen to Satele.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 12s
WR Damian Williams release means Dolphins KR/PR duties are down to WR Jarvis Landry, RB Damien Williams and RB Orleans Darwka

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley now
Hickey suggests that Nate Garner would be the center, should something happen to Satele.

Once they released Brenner, I figured Pouncey is back after the bye week . . . so first 4 games, ala DJ and RJ.

Wonder if Don Jones goes on the PS. He showed some potential last season. Not sure what happened to him between then and now.

Back
Top Bottom