Practice squad and roster moves | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Practice squad and roster moves

I would say the coaching staff was not happy with the options we had at safety with Jones out.

D2 returning kickoffs....breaks tackles and more compact.

He's another hybrid, ala Jimmy Wilson and Walt Aikens. Gives them more position flexibility. They've liked him for a while now.

How do you know that they have liked him for awhile?

Update on Streeter:

He was considered to be one of the best wide receiver prospects for the 2012 NFL Draft before sliding all the way down to the 6th round....

As a junior, Streeter led the Miami Hurricanes in receptions with 46, receiving yards with 811 and touchdowns with eight.

On December 5, 2011, Streeter announced that he would forego his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL Draft...

Streeter was drafted to the Baltimore Ravens in the sixth round, 198th Overall, of the 2012 NFL Draft...

On August 31, 2012, He was placed on Injured Reserve because of a foot injury...

On August 25, 2013, he was waived by the Ravens...

On September 1 he signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as a member of their practice squad...

The Buccaneers released Streeter on August 24, 2014...

Great signing if you ask me!
I agree, Hickey was part of that group that brought him in to the PS for the bucs, so he must see something he likes.

Shayne Skov @ShayneSkov · 1h

Joining the 49ers practice squad, looking forward to learning and improving. This all part of the beginning

They should have kept Damian Williams. He has the speed to get deep, something that none of the other receivers have except Mike Wallace.

I wonder about that too. What are they gong to do about that.... Streeter maybe in time.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Hickey said the coaches have confidence in Caleb Sturgis, but he's always preparing for contingencies. "We'll explore all options that way."

Basically what I thought there not going to make any moves at this time, could change after week one for a non-guaranteed veteran option maybe.

Interesting thought

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Dolphins sign Sam Brenner to practice squad, according to a source

Well I for one am Happy about this...more happy than I am about any other move...this kid still though must get stronger

Unga is a LB from BYU

Uni' Unga is still hoping to keep his dreams of playing in the NFL alive, but NFL teams wanted assurance that his he is completely healthy. Initially thought to be a late round draft pick, a torn ACL in the Cougars bowl game dampened his chances of going in the draft. After coming out of seemingly nowhere to record an incredible 143 tackles, almost double the 79 recorded by the next closest Cougar, he garnered enough interest that teams were talking to him during the BYU Pro-Day. He mention on twitter that he will get workouts when healthy. It may be July before this happens, so hopefully teams keep their interest.
It will be interesting to see if Uani will be back in time to practice during training camp, but regardless of when he makes his appearance it will be to the benefit of the team that takes a chance on him.. 'Unga has a nose for the ball and twice recorded 15+ tackle games as he ran from sideline to sideline. He is always going after the ball and isn't afraid to lay a hit on the ball carrier.

The rehab of his ACL will be the biggest concern as it will limit the chances he will have to get on field work. Not only will he need to make sure the knee can handle the stress of the NFL but he will need to work just to get back into shape after his limitations. He may never be a star in the NFL but if he can overcome the injury, he could make a very solid back-up that could infuse the team with energy.
http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2014/...ns-a-free-agent-contract-byu-cougars-football

Another of the endless line of limited athletes from byu

But at least he's interesting

Back
Top Bottom