Pre-Season trade idea | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pre-Season trade idea

Ozzy said:
Actually I think you should have skipped the whole post.

Booker is past his prime?

I agree...Bookers got alot left in the tank...

ryyyan24 said:
I have another pre season trade idea.....Aj Feely for Peyton Manning

thank you....that totally helped the discussion.

Now if you can come up with some reasons why it might actually be possible, even if it's not perfect, then I'd like to hear it and I'll take back my sarcastic sentence and aplogize for being, well, sarcastic.

zephon said:
ok but why?....and please...nothing like "it's just stupid" that doesn't help me. If I can get reasons why, it'll keep me from submitting something else in the future that people don't like. :)

Two words...

Salary Cap

vt_dolfan said:
Two words...

Salary Cap

while we all agree that it isn't likely.......

......doesn't the fact that Booker being included with his salary balance that out by around 90 %. We still have some cap space left (although not much when Brown signs). And then cutting or trading (even with booker to ward since they lost burress) Thompson would help make up the rest as he's over a million I believe on his cap hit? it's at least workable I think.

maybe not, but it's a thought.

zephon said:
thank you....that totally helped the discussion.

Now if you can come up with some reasons why it might actually be possible, even if it's not perfect, then I'd like to hear it and I'll take back my sarcastic sentence and aplogize for being, well, sarcastic.

I was being sarcastic...Booker for Ward would never happen...You think that the Steelers would trade Ward away after losing Burress too?? Booker is good but Ward is better and younger. This trade is just as likely as Aj for Peyton.

zephon said:
can you expand on that...like why. I do understand that it's not likely, I'm just interested in knowing why you think it'll never happen.

Because Ward is way better than Booker

ryyyan24 said:
I was being sarcastic...Booker for Ward would never happen...You think that the Steelers would trade Ward away after losing Burress too?? Booker is good but Ward is better and younger. This trade is just as likely as Aj for Peyton.

While I agree with to a point....It's certainly not on par with a Feeley for Manning proposal....

...and yes I know that was sarcasm, that's unforunately why I used sarcasm in my 1st sentence back. But I was serious when I said that if you could come close to making a Feeley for Manning proposal even close to working that I'd take the sarcasm back and apologize for it. I was being sincere about that.

zephon said:
While I agree with to a point....It's certainly not on par with a Feeley for Manning proposal....

...and yes I know that was sarcasm, that's unforunately why I used sarcasm in my 1st sentence back. But I was serious when I said that if you could come close to making a Feeley for Manning proposal even close to working that I'd take the sarcasm back and apologize for it. I was being sincere about that.

well maybe feely to manning was goin alittle to far.....maybe feely for a Drew Brees or Matt Hasselback would be better

CD13 said:
Because Ward is way better than Booker

like I posted before, I was hoping that Ward's value had dropped enough to do it because of his holdout. Noone feels that to be the case and I understand that counter point.

would nevr happen...it just wont..they wouldnt give up ward for someone like booker..why did you even waste time on a scenario like this

ryyyan24 said:
well maybe feely to manning was goin alittle to far.....maybe feely for a Drew Brees or Matt Hasselback would be better

I think a likelier scenario would be Feeley for Kitna. just a thought.

tucker said:
would nevr happen...it just wont..they wouldnt give up ward for someone like booker..why did you even waste time on a scenario like this

because it was fun and some people actually had constructive posts about it...so it wasn't a total failure :o ...but it was just for fun, it's not like we're discussing what it would take to produce the cure for cancer here. :)

zephon said:
can you expand on that...like why. I do understand that it's not likely, I'm just interested in knowing why you think it'll never happen.

I'll do it for him... it's called cap... meaning cap space that teams have to spend on players.

I still can't get over soem of these trades that people come up with time to time....

THIS IS NOT MADDEN !!!

Back
Top Bottom