Predict Dolphins’ Defensive Rank This Year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict Dolphins’ Defensive Rank This Year

Dolphins Final Rank on Defense in 2021?

• 25 - 32

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20 - 24

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15 - 19

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 10 - 14

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • 5 - 9

Votes: 85 58.2%
  • 1 - 4

Votes: 30 20.5%

• Total voters
I am not seeing many offensive juggernauts on the schedule... two games vs. the Bills and one against the Bucs and the Falcons perhaps.

Need Howard to stay healthy and productive. Most likely won’t get 10 picks, but 6-7 will go a long way to keeping the defense in the top 10 for fewest points allowed.

I can't see a flaw in our Defense. Maybe we get skittled with injuries but even our backups should be decent. Absolutely loaded with talent everywhere. Definite chance to improve on last season with the addition of Bernardrick McKinney as middle linebacker. Raekwon Davis will be bigger, stronger and better. Best DBs in the NFL. I predict top 4 Defense and the strength of the Dolphin team.

I see 5-9. We lost only Van Noy, McCain and Lawson and added McKinley, Phillips, McCourty and Holland with Van Ginkel showing promise and a couple of injured guys coming back.

I do think the offense will be better to keep them off the field. I am a little concerned with the run defense and our linebacking unit but should be pretty good overall.

By the end of the season maybe top 10. Next year I would try to more elite pass rushers. The group that needs to bring it is the offense.

They need to improve against the run. If they do this, top 10 maybe, top 15 Overall definatley

I'm conflictive on rather we should have taken JOK or Eichenberg. I feel replacing Baker with JOK would have made us a top 5 defense but at the same time we needed to protect Tua.

I'd say 5 to 9. Need to have a better pass rush to be higher and still not sure we can cover the TE's
We were the number one scoring defense last year until the Buffalo game at the end of the season and I think the D will be better this year and so will the O hopefully, convert some more third downs allowing the D to stay fresh? But we shall see I suppose

5-9 range.

Positives:
New slot corner+ Howard and Jones returning.
Holland drafted, tbd when he gets solid snaps
Phillips at edge + Van Ginkel hopefully will give us a better edge duo
Mckinney should be an upgrade at ILB
Rooks have a year under their belt

We need more passrush without having to put every corner on an island to get it.
Would be nice too to finally contain Josh Allen those two games we face him.

Think we did well in the offseason, now it's just time to see how Flores tweaks the gameplan

We tied for the league lead in picks last year. If we have WAY more, it'll be an incredible D season.

Let's hope!!
We did, and were also #1 in total turnovers, but that number was not that high historically.

We could have the same number of turnovers, and only be 4 or 5 league wide.

What would truly help our D, is if the O could sustain some drives, and score some points.

Even though our TOP was good (#7), much of that was the defense giving them extra opportunities, and running the ball and clock to slow down the game.

I went with 1-4. I think we made a few significant additions on D which should allow us to be just as good on that side of the ball even if we account for regression with X. I also think the O will be able stay on the field longer, give us better field position and ultimately keep our D fresher.

We did, and were also #1 in total turnovers, but that number was not that high historically.

We could have the same number of turnovers, and only be 4 or 5 league wide.

What would truly help our D, is if the O could sustain some drives, and score some points.

Even though our TOP was good (#7), much of that was the defense giving them extra opportunities, and running the ball and clock to slow down the game.
If we have more big plays, and score fast sometimes, and play with leads, ( as we should with our added playmakers :UP: ) our D could play better and still give up more points or total yards. But hopefully DVOA and YPP still improves.

If we have more big plays, and score fast sometimes, and play with leads, ( as we should with our added playmakers :UP: ) our D could play better and still give up more points or total yards. But hopefully DVOA and YPP still improves.
I hope we don't give up more yards. Part of it is the philosophy of tightening up as an opponent's drives go deeper but even so, we gave up way too many.

Hard to figure, because we were good on 3rd downs.

I can't see a flaw in our Defense. Maybe we get skittled with injuries but even our backups should be decent. Absolutely loaded with talent everywhere. Definite chance to improve on last season with the addition of Bernardrick McKinney as middle linebacker. Raekwon Davis will be bigger, stronger and better. Best DBs in the NFL. I predict top 4 Defense and the strength of the Dolphin team.

That LB group is suspect! I guess as long as we don't face a running attack like the one Denver has then we should be okay.

Back
Top Bottom