Predict our 1st Round Pick | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict our 1st Round Pick

Although you are correct with 3/4 seconds the overall idea is inaccurate.

Miami early on last year called MULTIPLE long developing plays multiple times a game.

The offense is predicated on speed and getting the ball out quick, but Miami also called many plays requiring pass blocking of longer then 2.5 seconds.

2 perfect examples we saw early last season that were non existent after Washington pretty much I don't know the play call or technical terms.

But Tua would fake a hand off and kind walk back a few steps holding the ball behind his back only to them hit his WR in stride. Also the play where Tua would take 3 to 5 steps locking on and looking left only to quickly turn right and hit a streaking Tyreke down the sideline. Another was the double fake reverse.

This belief that Miami seldom calls longer developing plays or its not a part of their scheme is false.

Just take a look at Tua hi lites. Or better yet, take a look at the video that shows every pass attempt by Tua last year.

You'll notice a HUGE diferrence in play calling the last 7 games or so.

It's not because the scheme or gameplan doesn't include it.

It was because our O line could not pass block by the end of the season
It was just as much because Hill and Waddle were both beat up and playing at far less than full strength and were seldom on the field together. This entire premise of the OL not holding up has been brought up before in the past few weeks, and somewhere I even posted the rankings of the Dolphins in most major categories over the last 7 or so weeks, and it still was near the top. I think it was in response to your request and now you are rehashing it as if I never supplied a response before.
Even when passing deep, with the speed of Hill and Waddle, Tua is still getting rid of the ball far quicker than you are intimating. They did not need 3-4 seconds for a long pass play to either WR to develop.

Why don't players have boring names anymore like Jones, Smith and the Bills fav from the 90s Williams? Everyone nowadays is word salad
The OL's names in this draft have some interesting uniqueness. Three of the top 6 all begin with F and have names that fans frequently misspell and mix up. Two of the OTs just outside the top group have names that most cannot spell correctly from just memory. Suamataia, and Amegadjie.
We have two of the best pure RGs both from NE schools and are both named Christian. They may even get taken consecutively among the OGs.

It was just as much because Hill and Waddle were both beat up and playing at far less than full strength and were seldom on the field together. This entire premise of the OL not holding up has been brought up before in the past few weeks, and somewhere I even posted the rankings of the Dolphins in most major categories over the last 7 or so weeks, and it still was near the top. I think it was in response to your request and now you are rehashing it as if I never supplied a response before.
Even when passing deep, with the speed of Hill and Waddle, Tua is still getting rid of the ball far quicker than you are intimating. They did not need 3-4 seconds for a long pass play to either WR to develop.

That's because your response was wrong. Sorry.

I'm also not going to bother when you are attempting to compare backups to starters.

It's not really worth debating when multiple pieces of data/stats and metrics prove you're wrong, yet you still continue to deny it.

When you provide a ranking and have a C who allowed 4 less sacks, 7 less pressures, had a higher pass block win rate and had a higher time of clean pocket and provide a ranking where that C is graded lower then Brewer, i cant take it seriously when the point is about pass blocking, not overall blocking.

You also kept combining overall ranking/ rating as opposed to just pass blocking.

It's not you. You're a very intelligent poster with a plethora of great statistical posts and information. I enjoy reading many of your posts.

But on this topic you are just wrong.

So yes, I will ignore your 1 ranking or stat or post, because it doesn't outweigh the other 9 that prove it wrong or inaccurate.

Plus I don't wanna make an enemy out of you lol

That's because your response was wrong. Sorry.

I'm also not going to bother when you are attempting to compare backups to starters.

It's not really worth debating when multiple pieces of data/stats and metrics prove you're wrong, yet you still continue to deny it.

When you provide a ranking and have a C who allowed 4 less sacks, 7 less pressures, had a higher pass block win rate and had a higher time of clean pocket and provide a ranking where that C is graded lower then Brewer, i cant take it seriously when the point is about pass blocking, not overall blocking.

You also kept combining overall ranking/ rating as opposed to just pass blocking.

It's not you. You're a very intelligent poster with a plethora of great statistical posts and information. I enjoy reading many of your posts.

But on this topic you are just wrong.

So yes, I will ignore your 1 ranking or stat or post, because it doesn't outweigh the other 9 that prove it wrong or inaccurate.

Plus I don't wanna make an enemy out of you lol
You guys don't sleep? Thought it was only me.

Back
Top Bottom