Predict our 1st Round Pick | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict our 1st Round Pick

Lol.

Unfortunately, I am an insomniac.

Get, maybe 53 minutes a night. Yes it's that exact lol.

It's not fun, because I am not really sure if I am actually responding to you or not right now.
Do you want to not be an insomniac? Melatonin works for me. Start with a low dose and keep increasing it till you reach an amount that makes you sleepy enough. They sell tablets anywhere from 3 mg up to 60 mg. So I assume even the latter is safe. If you need that much. The lowest dose that puts you to sleep is the right one for you.
But remember, I am not a doctor, and never even played one on TV. Though did play doctor as a kid. Along with spin the bottle and post office.

I really wonder if Mims as an LT would be effective in the wide zone scheme. So if he is our pick at 21, I'll have a great deal of apprehension till we see what he can do in camp.
I hope we trade down 10 or so spots and pick Zach Frazier or Christian Haynes because IMO they are two of the safest picks in the draft. Both will be solid 10-year starters in the NFL IMO.

I did show some pass-block rankings alone. Separated into different categories, as I recall.
The only metric that showed the Dolphins near the bottom was ESPN's pass block win rate. But they based that only on pass plays where the blockers had to block for longer than 2.5 seconds, which meant 80% of the Dolphins pass plays did not factor in.

This is what you are not getting.

The O line kept a clean pocket for the league worst 2.1 seconds.

Tua had the quickest release in Football at 2.3 seconds.

This offense is not designed to get the ball out as quickly as some seem to thing.

The O line was not able to pass block long enough for the leagues fastest release.

You say 80% of the plays didn't factor in. But that's not an actual stat, that's your personal opinion on how many plays called required 2.5 seconds.

So let's do it this way.

Forget 2.5 seconds.

Let's focus solely on the quick offensive scheme.

Let's say our 2.5 seconds, is really 2.3 seconds. Since we know, for a fact, Tuas average release time was 2.28 seconds.

So if we adjust our pass block win rate to Tuas average of 2.28 seconds....

What do you think our pass block win rate would be when we had an average clean pocket time of 2.1 seconds? This implies at most, they would have a 50% win block rate. Is that good?

People want to tout the ow pressure numbers and sacks. But speaking of this quick offense.

The league average for clean pocket time was over 2.3 seconds.

Again Tuas release time was 2.28 seconds.

So the low sacks numbers and pressures was actually not a low number in comparison

Relatively speaking, it was actually quite high. Imagine what those numbers would be if Tua held the ball at the league average of 2.4 plus seconds.

This is what you are not getting.

The O line kept a clean pocket for the league worst 2.1 seconds.

Tua had the quickest release in Football at 2.3 seconds.

This offense is not designed to get the ball out as quickly as some seem to thing.

The O line was not able to pass block long enough for the leagues fastest release.

You say 80% of the plays didn't factor in. But that's not an actual stat, that's your personal opinion on how many plays called required 2.5 seconds.

So let's do it this way.

Forget 2.5 seconds.

Let's focus solely on the quick offensive scheme.

Let's say our 2.5 seconds, is really 2.3 seconds. Since we know, for a fact, Tuas average release time was 2.28 seconds.

So if we adjust our pass block win rate to Tuas average of 2.28 seconds....

What do you think our pass block win rate would be when we had an average clean pocket time of 2.1 seconds?

People want to tout the ow pressure numbers and sacks. But speaking of this quick offense.

The league average for clean pocket time was over 2.3 seconds.

Again Tuas release time was 2.28 seconds.

So the low sacks numbers and pressures was actually not a low number in comparison

Relatively speaking, it was actually quite high
Ok, I can do that. What is your source of the 2.1-second clean pocket average?

I've been predicting Latham-- yes, wistfully.

But my draft day prediction is... Mims.

Given Grier's willingness to swing for the fences, I think he'll roll the dice on Mims or Guyton after a big run on linemen right in front of us.

Final answer... Mims.

Ok, I can do that. What is your source of the 2.1-second clean pocket average?

Oh come on Mr. Clean. I need to post it again? Lol

Dag nabbit. I gotta pick up my son. If somebody else doesn't repost it, I will when I get back.

For the record, I enjoy conversing with you. You are very respectful and knowledgeable.

So if I come off rude or a holish. My bad! Don't mean to be. At least not with you haha

Also my bad everyone, this is a draft thread. I am sorry for indirectly invoking Tua lol

Oh come on Mr. Clean. I need to post it again? Lol

Dag nabbit. I gotta pick up my son. If somebody else doesn't repost it, I will when I get back.

For the record, I enjoy conversing with you. You are very respectful and knowledgeable.

So if I come off rude or a holish. My bad! Don't mean to be. At least not with you haha

Also my bad everyone, this is a draft thread. I am sorry for indirectly invoking Tua lol
All the stats, rankings, etc, I posted a week or two ago, was stuff a friend on another forum posted and I just copied and pasted it here. That guy has access to some metrics site called SIS or some such. I feel somewhat like a go between here. lol. Funny thing is the friend from the other forum is not opposed to OL early either. I go back and forth between this site and that site because some of the better posters on each do not cross post. So there is good info to be gained both places.

I've been predicting Latham-- yes, wistfully.

But my draft day prediction is... Mims.

Given Grier's willingness to swing for the fences, I think he'll roll the dice on Mims or Guyton after a big run on linemen right in front of us.

Final answer... Mims.
The rumors that Harbaugh has Latham higher than Alt and could take him at 5, you're not buying? With Slater already set at LT, I could see them going for a guy with significant RT experience.

The rumors that Harbaugh has Latham higher than Alt and could take him at 5, you're not buying? With Slater already set at LT, I could see them going for a guy with significant RT experience.
I've always had Latham ahead of Alt... not by much, but I think he is potentially a monster.

He seemed to be sinking because many thought he was RT only... so I've gotten my Hope's up... but reality seems to be returning to the world and the Chargers are a great fit for Latham.

Chop Robinson.

Take A Bow Sport GIF by UFC

Back
Top Bottom