Predict The Dolphins New Coach | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict The Dolphins New Coach

Prediction: Vic Fangio

He also happens to top my list among possible head coaches the team has asked to interview. If we go with Fangio you know he's going to rebuild this defense into a dominate unit. It's what he does everywhere he goes.

I would also be pleased with Kris Richard. I think he's an up and comer that will likely make a good coach some day. I wouldn't be upset with Rizzi since I love an underdog story and it's impossible not to like him.

If this is really Grier’s show now, is he really going to stake his entire career on Rizzi? This is likely Grier’s one shot to make good with the Dolphins. I don’t think he is going to spoil that with an in-house candidate who likely won’t be able to put together a solid staff.

I’m really hoping for Richard, but the Dolphins tend to **** up everything so they will probably go with Brian Flores who to me is the most underwhelming candidate.

Not saying he's going to get the job, but I genuinely think Rizzi is on the short list. Also, everyone keeps repeating that he won't be able to put together a solid staff. I'm not entirely sure that's the case.

Rizzi coached here with Todd Bowles who is currently looking for work and would make a fine DC. I also believe Rizzi's time with team overlapped with Mike Nolan who is currently linebackers coach for the Saints. A DC gig would mark a step up and I'm sure he'd be open to the offer. That's two possible DCs he has connections to, both of whom have head coaching experience.

Rizzi also has connections to Zac Taylor who is the former QB coach here and current QB coach with the Rams. He's been getting OC and possibly even HC interest. He'd be a possibility. Hell, this one might be a longshot, but Rizzi could potentailly lure Dan Campbell here as OC if he misses out on a HC gig.

All of that's to say that I don't really buy the idea that Rizzi wouldn't be able to put together a decent staff.

Prediction: Vic Fangio

He also happens to top my list among possible head coaches the team has asked to interview. If we go with Fangio you know he's going to rebuild this defense into a dominate unit. It's what he does everywhere he goes.

I would also be pleased with Kris Richard. I think he's an up and comer that will likely make a good coach some day. I wouldn't be upset with Rizzi since I love an underdog story and it's impossible not to like him.

Not saying he's going to get the job, but I genuinely think Rizzi is on the short list. Also, everyone keeps repeating that he won't be able to put together a solid staff. I'm not entirely sure that's the case.

Rizzi coached here with Todd Bowles who is currently looking for work and would make a fine DC. I also believe Rizzi's time with team overlapped with Mike Nolan who is currently linebackers coach for the Saints. A DC gig would mark a step up and I'm sure he'd be open to the offer. That's two possible DCs he has connections to, both of whom have head coaching experience.

Rizzi also has connections to Zac Taylor who is the former QB coach here and current QB coach with the Rams. He's been getting OC and possibly even HC interest. He'd be a possibility. Hell, this one might be a longshot, but if he misses out on a HC gig Rizzi could potentially lure Dan Campbell here as OC.

All of that's to say that I don't really buy the idea that Rizzi wouldn't be able to put together a decent staff.

Bowles will be in demand as DC and I’m sure could find a much better opportunity elsewhere. Maybe Nolan, but considering he has descended way down to LB coach now not sure he’s really considered a great DC.

Campbell already turned down an opportunity to interview for HC so no way he comes here for OC job. Zac Taylor comes out of the horrid offensive background of his father in law Mike Sherman. I think he would be an awful OC.

I can't believe Ross will let Grier make a unilateral decision on this with him signing off as a formality. Because I believe Steve will play a larger decision-making role than as advertised, IMO the offer will go out to Fangio because Ross admires his work ethic, proven track record of results and can personally relate to an older worthy prospect finally being given a chance.

And I'd be perfectly fine with that. I believe he engenders players' respect. Obviously to run all those years of strong defenses, his players have had to buy in to his policies, relate well to him and want to succeed for him

My top 3 (in order):

1) RICHARD - his coaching results are exemplary; he has that "it" factor that guys like to follow in spades; he's young & should keep improving
2) FANGIO - his units directly reflect his coaching, in that, they play "professionally" (disciplined with anticipation, something we've been lacking for years IMO); another guy with that "it" factor
3) MIKE SHANAHAN - IMO, he was the right choice last time (oh well) & this time he would also work. Probably the "safest" pick, his track record speaks for itself.

I believe a pick from any of these 3 & we're back to a consistent playoff caliber (with the ability to go farther) team.

Good Lord ROSS pick the right guy for once!!!!!!! :bang:

Back
Top Bottom