PREDICT the JETS 05 Record | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PREDICT the JETS 05 Record

I predict that the Jets will win two pre-season games.

Then Chad will get hurt again.

After that it does not matter.

I think it's going to be pretty tight with all the teams, tho only team having some separation will be the pats, but not by much. I would like Miami to win 10 games, who knows they might, but I think it will be like this:

Pats. 12-4
Jets. 10-6
Bills. 9-7
Fins. 8-8

Lets see here,.....um,....ah...both jets qbs are smaller than most kickers, Pennington is turning into a crybaby. Then the jets turn around and give up thier best wide out for a 200 yr old lavernious coles. But hey at least you've got VILMA!!!!!!! I cant think of a single proven db, Oh yea! the jets will be in the cellar. enjoy!

gonick1 said:
Lets see here,.....um,....ah...both jets qbs are smaller than most kickers, Pennington is turning into a crybaby. Then the jets turn around and give up thier best wide out for a 200 yr old lavernious coles. But hey at least you've got VILMA!!!!!!! I cant think of a single proven db, Oh yea! the jets will be in the cellar. enjoy!

Do posts like this embarrass real dolphin fans?

PassRush said:
Lets be realistic guys, as much as we all hate the Jets they are the best team in the division(no disrespect to the Pats but this run is over). I am predicting a 11-5 season unless Pennington goes down. I do however, see us splitting with them.

Woot! Woot!

WIN at Kansas City
WIN Miami
WIN Jacksonville
LOSE at Baltimore
WIN Tampa Bay
LOSE at Buffalo
WIN at Atlanta
BYE WEEK
WIN San Diego
WIN at Carolina
LOSE at Denver
WIN New Orleans
LOSE at New England
LOSE Oakland
WIN at Miami
WIN New England
WIN Buffalo

11-5

Split with Pats and Bills. Sorry, but beat the Phins twice (next year kids).

Lose to Oakland and at Denver and Baltimore, although we could take that game.

BZ

Opening day at Arrowhead Bwana? I don't know if I'd chalk a win up in the Jets' column as guaranteed.

And split with the Bills? HA! I say!:chuckle:
Count those both as Jets losses :cry:

Iroquois Joe said:
Opening day at Arrowhead Bwana? I don't know if I'd chalk a win up in the Jets' column as guaranteed.

And split with the Bills? HA! I say!:chuckle:
Count those both as Jets losses :cry:

Don't think the Bills are going to sweep us, just not going to happen. Arrowhead is fine, we can rattle Trent and stop the run and the Chiefs are not known for their ability to stop other teams.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Don't think the Bills are going to sweep us, just not going to happen. Arrowhead is fine, we can rattle Trent and stop the run and the Chiefs are not known for their ability to stop other teams.

BZ

Well the Chiefs have an upgrade on defense, and even this early they should be an improvement over what they had last year. It'll be noisy, the place will be rockin', and Pennington's arm is still a question mark, do you think?

We will see what happens with the Bills this year.

Iroquois Joe said:
Well the Chiefs have an upgrade on defense, and even this early they should be an improvement over what they had last year. It'll be noisy, the place will be rockin', and Pennington's arm is still a question mark, do you think?

We will see what happens with the Bills this year.

Chad's arm will not be a question mark on opening day. It will be well healed, well oiled and ready for prime time.

The question is the new offense and how fast will the players pick it up. If the Dinger brings in an entire new playbook (or throws out the 1,000 draw plays) it will be interesting to see how fast offense picks it up. I am not worried about Chad who is very smart, but others might find it harder.

The plus is the defense under Hendu's system is going to be better. Better corners. Better safety. A few rookies from last year (Coleman, Vilma) who are going to step it up again this year.

The Bills will have a running game, but a brand new rookie QB is no good, not matter what his pedigree. The question is, can Buffalo win on running and Defense?

BZ

Bwana,
Losmans been in the system for 2 yrs. His growth was hampered by a broken leg. If he can stay injury free and his learning scale climbs steadily, even if thats slowly, he should be ok after the bye.
He runs a lot, and will be running around a lot, so the entertainment value will equal the price of a ticket regardless. The jury is out. If he can compliment the running game enough to keep a defense on their heels, there could be some success.

The O line is a concern, the right side is solid enough and the left should be good for the run blocking as well. Pass protection has Bills fans worried.
McNally is one of the top line coaches in the league, that in itself is enough for a bit of optimism.

Even against the mighty Jets at home.

Both teams, Jets and Bills will be fighting for position in this division late into the season IMO. Mind you, I'm not taking anything away from the Jets saying that. The competiton will be as fierce as always. Thats a good thing.

But I'm off topic.
Your points regarding the growth of the Jets on both sides of the ball are well taken. Still, first game of the year at Arrowhead. I think you will start the year off 0 and 1.

Iroquois Joe said:
Your points regarding the growth of the Jets on both sides of the ball are well taken. Still, first game of the year at Arrowhead. I think you will start the year off 0 and 1.

It wouldn't be the first time. :)

Of course, I do remember an opener a few years ago, away in a far off place called Buffalo. Now THAT was a good game.

37-31? :)

BZ

LOSE at Kansas City
WIN Miami
WIN Jacksonville
LOSE at Baltimore
WIN Tampa Bay
WIN at Buffalo
LOSE at Atlanta
BYE WEEK
LOSE San Diego
WIN at Carolina