Predicted roster - Offense | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicted roster - Offense

Am I right to say we are also entitled to bring 2 practice players up on game day and replace them afterwards.

That's correct you can have two practice squad players active on gameday, but the rest of the week they're subject to be poached from the roster at anytime like all other practice squad players. That's why I might use one of those spots for a Gaskin or Laird instead of having them on the 53 man roster.

Here's my too early 53:

QB: Fitz, Tua, Rosen
HB: Breida, Howard, Laird or Gaskin, (Perry)
FB: Cox
WR: Parker, Williams, Wilson, Grant, Hurns, Ford, (Perry)
TE: Gesicki, Smythe, Roberts
OL: Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Kindley, Hunt, Davis, Davenport, Deiter,

DL: Godchaux, Davis, Wilkins, Lawson, Sieler, Strowbridge,
LB: Van Noy, Baker, McMillan, Ogbah, Biegel, Van Ginkel, Roberts, Grugier-Hill, Weaver
CB: Howard, Jones, Igbo, Needham, Perry
S: Rowe, McCain, Jones, Fejedelem, Colbert

LS: Ferguson
K: Sanders
P: Haack

Probably a bit off, but seems decent
Swap Colbert for Kavon Frazier

I think Hunt will end up at RT and Davis at RG. I also don’t see Ballage making the final roster. I think they figure out a way to keep Perry on the final roster and he will end up being one of the final 4 listed as RB’s on the roster.

Here's my too early 53:

QB: Fitz, Tua, Rosen
HB: Breida, Howard, Laird or Gaskin, (Perry)
FB: Cox
WR: Parker, Williams, Wilson, Grant, Hurns, Ford, (Perry)
TE: Gesicki, Smythe, Roberts
OL: Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Kindley, Hunt, Davis, Davenport, Deiter,

DL: Godchaux, Davis, Wilkins, Lawson, Sieler, Strowbridge,
LB: Van Noy, Baker, McMillan, Ogbah, Biegel, Van Ginkel, Roberts, Grugier-Hill, Weaver
CB: Howard, Jones, Igbo, Needham, Perry
S: Rowe, McCain, Jones, Fejedelem, Colbert

LS: Ferguson
K: Sanders
P: Haack

Probably a bit off, but seems decent
Good stuff. Strowbridge over Weaver huh?

Is that how you see him being used?
Honestly I’m not sure. I feel like the edge guys will sometimes be on the ground and sometimes standing up. I thought weaver was more of a 34 OLB but could be wrong on that front

What happened to Boehm? What about Ledbetter? And that other DL Harris guy (not Charles, the one that looked like he could play)?

What happened to Boehm? What about Ledbetter? And that other DL Harris guy (not Charles, the one that looked like he could play)?
Your thinking of Trent Harris, I really like the dude and think he makes our final roster as a hybrid between OLB and DE.

Good thread-
OFFENSE
RB - Gaskin and Malcolm Perry make the team. Laird Cut. Ballage Cut.

OL- I think the SC Center makes the team we don’t have a backup center.

WR- I think the pecking order is:
DVP- Preston- Wilson - Ford- Grant- Cole - Hurns.

IMO we need to be shopping for that 3rd true running back. I like Gaskin and his college tape projects he has ability but he was on the depth chart and available in the 7 th round last year for a reason. Anyway he overcomes that broken ankle from last year he has a chance. Laird is tough and gritty and I believe he sticks in some fashion but he is not you every down back. It looks like it will be a committee approach at this point.

The offensive line is what I am most intrigued with the current guys on the roster. We have a lot of guard types outside of the rookie Jackson and Davenport who has struggled. What we really need is that online coach who can whip them into shape. It appears that we have a scheme on the online this year and we really need it work because between the draft and free agency we put a ton of resources into more of a players scheme fit than their ability. We will improve this year that part will be easy but can we be good?
Tight end we just need to stay healthy and improve from last year.
Wide Receiver we have lot and lots of talent but not healthy talent so spreading the ball around will be important. We are 6 deep and that's good.
QB is in good shape.

The key is going to be the oline coaching that doesn't come around then everyones going to have problems including the staff.

Wondering if Texans gave up on Davenport cuz they were in 'win-now' mode and wanted the stud LT. They had no patience, which made sense for a playoff-minded team. Maybe Davenport can grow into a competent NFL OT. He has good measurables, right?

Back
Top Bottom