Predicting The Afc Playoff Teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting The Afc Playoff Teams

JahnDho

Active Roster
Reaction score
There are a lot of sites giving their predictions. For the year. I have Miami finishing 2nd in the AFC East at 8-8 and out of the playoffs. Here’s how I think the playoffs should unfold.

NE
Pitt
KC
Jax

Wild Cards: LAC and Tenn

NE
Pitt
Den
Jax

Wild cards: Mia, Oak

I think the AFC South will be bad this year. The AFC West will be pretty good but beat each other up. The AFC North will be Pitt and nobody else.

:laugh San Diego with Pouncey putting them over.

I would love to see NE or Pittsburgh not on that list: could this be the year? I found it interesting that Brady suggested playing for many years before the Draft and now is considering retirement sooner than later?

We've got more questions than any other team; many young players who will need to take that next step and a several guys coming back from major injuries. If we get the breaks this year I think we can challenge for the AFC east , I don't want to start the season aiming for the 6th wildcard.

The south division has a strong argument of being the best division with the return of Watson and Luck.

NE
Pitt
Jax
Oak

WC-KC and Hou

:laugh
We've got more questions than any other team; many young players who will need to take that next step and a several guys coming back from major injuries. If we get the breaks this year I think we can challenge for the AFC east , I don't want to start the season aiming for the 6th wildcard.

Agreed. We know Kilgore, Sitton, Davis, Amendola, Wilson, Gesicki, Smythe, Quinn, McMillan, Fitz, maybe Baker, and other new faces will be new and getting significant snaps, if not starting. Then we have McMillan (listed again), Lippett, Tannehill, Quinn (back), James, and others back from injuries. That's about 2/3s of the starters, depending on how we count. PLUS, the debates over Tunsil, KA, Harris, and a couple others. This is the reason a lot of people justify their pessimism, and I get that.
I've said elsewhere, all the bad possibilities won't happen, nor will all the good. I think a lot of the changes will be even, at worse, (e.g., Kilgore), I expect progress from the question marks (e.g., Harris, Tunsil), and upgrades from others (e.g., Gore, Gesicki, Fitz). If the coaching improves, this team could be solid with a chance at the playoffs, if they can get through September.

Why k.c. Has some talent, they have a huge ? At qb, why he looked good week 17, you have to remember it was week 17 a lot of players where playing not to get injured for this year

AFC teams I am convinced will be better than Miami in 2018:

New England
Pittsburgh
Jacksonville

That's it.

San Diego? The popular Cinderella pick since forever? They've been considerably WORSE than the Fins over the past three years. 4-12, 5-11, and 9-7 isn't putting the fear of God into me. Kansas City? With Mahomes? We'll see. Oakland? I'm not convinced Chucky is going to turn that team around in a season. Houston? Sure, DeShaun Watson is back, but does anyone remember how bad that defense was? Tennessee? Indy? Not scared. Denver? Time for Vance Joseph to show me something.

New York? Buffalo? They're rebooting at QB. Cincy? Give me one reason 2018 won't look just like 2015, 2016, 2017.... Cleveland? How about they win more than one game during this Presidential administration before we say they're playoff contenders?

The point is - there isn't a single team in the AFC without some GLARING questions, other than NE and Pitt. I still have questions about Jacksonville on offense, but that D is so good I'm not sure it matters. Miami is right in the middle of that group with glaring questions.

I don't see any reason to not say "Miami has a shot at a wildcard this year." There are about a dozen teams that can say that same thing.

I could see KC taking a step back with the erratic young guy at qb. They will probably miss Alex Smith. Denver is pretty bad.

I could see SD taking a huge step forward. Philip Rivers is golden at losing at crucial times, but he has a lot of talent around him. I will take them in the West even though Rivers is a stats guy but not a winner. If they had stability at qb, they could be in the mix for the super bowl. Electrifying defense, good backs and receivers, some high draft picks on the O line. Very good team.

Oakland may be in the mix.

Jax could win the AFC.

Will the hapless ragamuffin Browns actually win a game? What an embarrassment they are.

Mine are:

NE
Pit
Jax
Oak

Mia, SD

I don't believe Luck will return to form and Watson's "more interceptable passes than anyone in 2017" will eventually catch up with him. I also do not believe in Marcus "my stats were on par with Jay Cutler last season" Mariota. I don't believe in the Bills at all, maybe the Ravens challenge and I don't know what to make of KC or Denver.

A few people on this forum...about their own team's QB.

Well that's fun, I guess. We really can't assume all predictions in June are barring injury? Obviously if Tom Brady goes down the Pats aren't winning **** with Bryan Hoyer.

Back
Top Bottom