Predicting The Afc Playoff Teams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting The Afc Playoff Teams

Well that's fun, I guess. We really can't assume all predictions in June are barring injury? Obviously if Tom Brady goes down the Pats aren't winning **** with Bryan Hoyer.

Your point is a valid one. I think what Romano was suggesting is he's not going to try to predict either way at this point; he's going to wait until training camp to see what injuries occur.

New England
Pittsburgh
Jags
Broncos

Miami and CLEVELAND in the wild card.

To be honest I just wanted to make the bold Cleveland prediction.

The south division has a strong argument of being the best division with the return of Watson and Luck.

NE
Pitt
Jax
Oak

WC-KC and Hou

I do not like the QB situation in the AFC South. Mariota was BAD last season. Luck may never be the same. Bortles is Bortles. Watson is fragile and about to get a rude awaking about the NFL and catching up to players.

New England
Pittsburgh
Jags
Broncos

People have been making bold predictions on Cleveland for 15 years. They've burned me too many times.

I could see the Raiders being good but its hard to say how the last season in Oakland will influence them

The AFC East could be the cakewalk division of the league. Potentially 2 rookie QBs starting, a 41 year old and a guy coming off missing a season and a half.

New England
Pittsburgh
Houston
LA Chargers

Wild Card
Jacksonville
Miami

Houston and LA have all the things needed to be a contender. Great defense and very good QB play. I wouldnt be surprised if they make it to the AFC championship game. The Texans QB is one of the best rookies I ever saw, if he returns from injury ok, they should be contenders. Deshaun Watson is the QB I would have dream of being drafted by the Dolphins. LA has a very scary young a good defense to complement with a capabble offense. New England and Pittsburgh have no challengers on their divisions as long as no other QB on their divisions is a top QB like the ones they have. I put Jacksonville because they are a young a strong defensive team and Dolphins because I am a homer and really wish Tannehill is the QB half of this board thinks he is. If not, I expect the Bills and the Chiefs to compete for the final spot.

New England
Houston
Oakland
Baltimore
Jacksonville
Miami

I think Houston is going to be really good if Watson stays healthy.

If Houston doesn't do something serious about their D, they're going to lose a lot of games 38-34

[QUOTE="FinfanInBuffalo, post: 7648397, member: 1580" Mariota was BAD last season.[/QUOTE]

Just looking at box scores it would appear a down year for Mariota. But 5 of Titans 9 victories came with Mariotta making plays in the 4th to win close games and get them to playoffs. The prior 2 years were good for him. Don't think their team was very good last year and his stats showed that.

New England
Pittsburgh
Houston
LA Chargers

Wild Card
Jacksonville
Miami

Houston and LA have all the things needed to be a contender. Great defense and very good QB play. I wouldnt be surprised if they make it to the AFC championship game. The Texans QB is one of the best rookies I ever saw, if he returns from injury ok, they should be contenders. Deshaun Watson is the QB I would have dream of being drafted by the Dolphins. LA has a very scary young a good defense to complement with a capabble offense. New England and Pittsburgh have no challengers on their divisions as long as no other QB on their divisions is a top QB like the ones they have. I put Jacksonville because they are a young a strong defensive team and Dolphins because I am a homer and really wish Tannehill is the QB half of this board thanks he is. If not, I expect the Bills and the Chiefs to compete for the final spot.

Houston gave up the most points per game in the NFL last year, and it wasn't all that close.

Just looking at box scores it would appear a down year for Mariota. But 5 of Titans 9 victories came with Mariotta making plays in the 4th to win close games and get them to playoffs. The prior 2 years were good for him. Don't think their team was very good last year and his stats showed that.

Not buying it. Good pass protection. Decent running game. Decent defense. Passer rating below 80. More INTs than TDs. May have been an aberration for Mariota. He was better the previous two years, but he was not good last year.

New England
Pittsburgh
Jags
Broncos

Being up here in Ohio I see it first hand but most people don’t realize Cleveland could easily be 16-16 as opposed to 1-31 the last two years. They have blown about 10-15 wins over the time, it’s not all a talent issue. Hue Jackson has lost them more games than their roster has.

The only ones you can put directly on a player is on Kiser last year vs the packers. First drive of overtime he threw up what looked like a punt off his back foot

Also Corey Coleman dropped on in his mitts in week 17 last year on fourth down

1. Patriots
2. Jaguars
3. Steelers
4. Chiefs (they’ll be the division winner that shouldn’t be in the playoffs)
5. Dolphins
6. Texans

Miami beats KC
Pitt beats Houston

New England beats Miami
Jacksonville beats Pitt

Jacksonville beats NE

Being up here in Ohio I see it first hand but most people don’t realize Cleveland could easily be 16-16 as opposed to 1-31 the last two years. They have blown about 10-15 wins over the time, it’s not all a talent issue. Hue Jackson has lost them more games than their roster has.

Who is the Head Coach this year?

Back
Top Bottom