Predicting the Dolphins' 2023 season, from Week 1 to Week 18 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting the Dolphins' 2023 season, from Week 1 to Week 18

That seems like the script to every season.

We believe we know, but really have no real idea who the top & weak teams of each season are until a good amount of games in.
To that point, lots of talk on Sirius Radio about the Raiders being a team that could surprise. I know they're very talented on offense, but not buying the defense. Not sure Jimmy Garappalo is an upgrade over Derek Carr either.

Jets have to learn how to win. Maybe it happens with Rodgers, but ultimately I think they will disappoint.

Denver with Sean Payton actually could be a surprise team in the AFC. I also really like Pittsburgh's draft. They know who they are and draft accordingly. I guess it would be a mild surprise if they made the postseason.

I think if Tua stays healthy, Miami will win the east.

I could see Seattle rebounding and making the playoffs. Detroit might as well.

17-0 and then 20-0 with playoffs/SB. Can always dream before a loss.

In all honesty though this is the most excited I've been before a season ever, and that includes my child self before Marino's 96-99 seasons. If they win the AFC East and at least one playoff game it would still automatically probably be the best season I've witnessed with the division as stacked as it is.

To that point, lots of talk on Sirius Radio about the Raiders being a team that could surprise. I know they're very talented on offense, but not buying the defense. Not sure Jimmy Garappalo is an upgrade over Derek Carr either.

Jets have to learn how to win. Maybe it happens with Rodgers, but ultimately I think they will disappoint.

Denver with Sean Payton actually could be a surprise team in the AFC. I also really like Pittsburgh's draft. They know who they are and draft accordingly. I guess it would be a mild surprise if they made the postseason.

I think if Tua stays healthy, Miami will win the east.

I could see Seattle rebounding and making the playoffs. Detroit might as well.

Seattle made the playoffs this past season. They lost to the whiners on WC weekend.

Trying to not be a homer, I'd have to go with L W W L to start. Then W W L W to get to 5-3. An L going into the bye to make it a long two weeks, followed by 6 W's to get to 11-4. An L and a W to finish the season at 12-5. Enough to win the division? Maybe, maybe not. Enough for the playoffs? Yep

Last edited:
Because I knew Tua and Lamar had missed roughly the same number of games the last two season

And no, I used might because I don't know, and there's a chance I may have typed his name since the season ended, but I don't remember doing so. Don't deflect.
I'm not deflecting , but again I ask....why bring up a player of any team when talking about injuries of another. What does that accomplish?

Trying to not be a homer, I'd have to go with L W W L to start. Then W W L W to get to 5-3. An L going into the bye to make it a long two weeks, followed by 6 W's to get to 11-4. An L and a W to finish the season at 12-5. Enough to win the division? Maybe, maybe not. Enough for the playoffs? Yep
12-5 is where I stand. Schedule is just brutal. Although some of the top teams will most like regress.

GUYS, stop it already. Attack the post but not the poster so stop with the name calling. Carry on

I’m not conceding any losses. I’m not sold on the Eagles being perennial contenders. Their offense is centered around an aging offensive line. The Bills are only as good as their pass rush. And the Chiefs are centered on one player and broken plays that catch defenses off guard. They are terrible against the slot on defense. We will win games people think we will lose and we won’t show up for some games we should win. I do think we go into every game as the favorite IMO.

I still think they sweep the jets as long as Tua stays healthy. Rodgers is good but that oline is not and every great season Rodgers had he not only had weapons but a great oline. Jets were ranked 31st in psa blocking last year.

I’m not conceding any losses. I’m not sold on the Eagles being perennial contenders. Their offense is centered around an aging offensive line. The Bills are only as good as their pass rush. And the Chiefs are centered on one player and broken plays that catch defenses off guard. They are terrible against the slot on defense. We will win games people think we will lose and we won’t show up for some games we should win. I do think we go into every game as the favorite IMO.
Off topic but just saw your from Rhode Island. My daughter almost finished at University of Rhode Island. Really fun place to see her.

Last edited:
Agree. Some knob on NFLN , last night, predicted Miami would go 9-8.

Personally, 11 or 12 wins seem reasonable.
Emmanuel Sanders.

He had us losing against the Chargers, Bills twice, Jets twice, Baltimore, KC and the Eagles if I'm not mistaken. It's plausible, we also play the Cowboys at home.

I do think we win around half those games though which should be a playoff position. I don't want simply a playoff position, I want a division and hopefully home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Zero chance of being the favorite in every game. Zero

Back
Top Bottom