Predicting the NFL’s top 10 quarterbacks in five years | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predicting the NFL’s top 10 quarterbacks in five years

Wilson, mohomes, watson, LJ, murry, mayfield, Dak, Allen, cousin and wentz restTBD..

Last edited:
One thing you can count on, there's a player being overlooked in the NFL or under the radar in college ranks that will rise up over the next 36 months and thrust their name in the top group. Someone, like Trask from Florida, that people will say "I thought he would be ok but not this good."

Only injury will keep T-hill off that list. Tomorrow night starts his 16 game “yeah, I really AM that good!” tour. The numbers last year were no fluke. I see him as a Roesthlesberg type in 5 years. Not the flashy dodgy QBs evveryone loves now (who will probably be not so fast and not so healthy in 5 yrs)

RT is big and strong and smart, and with a good org,. around him is set for a very nice run. People dont inderstand how much he knows about the passing game and the little things that go into gashing a D.

Tua has a better chance of being on that list than Joe Burrow does. Baker Mayfield lol. There's a better chance he is out of the league in five years than on that list.

Baker has things he's gotta correct but with the right coaching and organizational support he's gonna do alright. He can make big boy throws...he's just gotta have it instilled in him when its ok not to try them. He's also been saddled with more egos on that offense than line talent with nobody capable of managing them.

One thing you can count on, there's a player being overlooked in the NFL or under the radar in college ranks that will rise up over the next 36 months and thrust their name in the top group. Someone, like Trask from Florida, that people will say "I thought he would be ok but not this good."

Are you talking about Trask as a college player or pro prospect? I really haven't heard much discussion of him as a pro prospect but it was nice to see him come in and do well. I love it when unheralded guys come in and pass the ball well after stagnated, more heralded guys like Franks stagnate.

Are you talking about Trask as a college player or pro prospect? I really haven't heard much discussion of him as a pro prospect but it was nice to see him come in and do well. I love it when unheralded guys come in and pass the ball well after stagnated, more heralded guys like Franks stagnate.

I was just throwing out a name as an example. Just saying someone under the radar that nobody is thinking about right now will end up on that list in 5 years.

Baker has things he's gotta correct but with the right coaching and organizational support he's gonna do alright. He can make big boy throws...he's just gotta have it instilled in him when its ok not to try them. He's also been saddled with more egos on that offense than line talent with nobody capable of managing them.
Yeah, I'm not impressed at all. He makes more "big boy throws" to the other team than he does to his own team. He plays the game like he believes he has the skillset of a Russell Wilson when in reality his skillset is closer to Andy Dalton's. And you want to talk about big egos? He has the biggest ego out of everyone on that team without the talent to back it up.

Yeah, I'm not impressed at all. He makes more "big boy throws" to the other team than he does to his own team. He plays the game like he believes he has the skillset of a Russell Wilson when in reality his skillset is closer to Andy Dalton's. And you want to talk about big egos? He has the biggest ego out of everyone on that team without the talent to back it up.

You do realize that qbs can improve, right?

You do realize that qbs can improve, right?
You do realize that QB's that are limited physically usually don't. He's slow, he's small, he's inaccurate and he doesn't understand his own limitations. That's a lot to overcome.

Only top 10 list Faker Douchefield will be on is a top 10 list of one read-crotch grabbing frauds. He's #1 on that one.

Then he'll spit, take a sack, flip you off, and throw another interception.

You do realize that QB's that are limited physically usually don't. He's slow, he's small, he's inaccurate and he doesn't understand his own limitations. That's a lot to overcome.

So we're back to judging QB ability by their height again? Isn't that like 10 years ago? Didn't Russell Wilson dis-spell that?

Up to this point Baker's been coached by someone who belongs coaching offensive line in high school (though he forgot to build a line in Cleveland).

Dude threw 27 TD passes as a rookie on a team that hadn't won a game in two years. Give him some type to figure it out with a real NFL coach instead of just taking the easy path and deriding a guy's skills when his whole organization is a dumpster fire right now.

So we're back to judging QB ability by their height again? Isn't that like 10 years ago? Didn't Russell Wilson dis-spell that?

Up to this point Baker's been coached by someone who belongs coaching offensive line in high school (though he forgot to build a line in Cleveland).

Dude threw 27 TD passes as a rookie on a team that hadn't won a game in two years. Give him some type to figure it out with a real NFL coach instead of just taking the easy path and deriding a guy's skills when his whole organization is a dumpster fire right now.
Height isn't that big a factor if you're as athletic and as accurate as Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray. The problem is, Mayfield isn't accurate or athletic so his height becomes more of a liability than it is for Wilson or Murray. The Browns are not the dumpster fire you claim they are. There is a lot of talent on that team and a big part of why the Browns look so bad, is because of Mayfield.

Height isn't that big a factor if you're as athletic and as accurate as Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray. The problem is, Mayfield isn't accurate or athletic so his height becomes more of a liability than it is for Wilson or Murray. The Browns are not the dumpster fire you claim they are. There is a lot of talent on that team and a big part of why the Browns look so bad, is because of Mayfield.

Cleveland has WEAPONS- and all the vices that come with it. They put the cart before the horse. It was only the transformative play of Mayfield two years ago that made the team mistakently believe they were one diva wide receiver away from being a contender. In fact, adding a receiver who a young QB is pressured with feeding (even as that hyped receiver fails to execute what he's asked) that diva receiver instead of just taking what the play offers.

Fields played hurt last year and was his first year in a new system. Pretty remarkable season considering everything. What I will say is his throwing motion is so much more compact this year and he’s a very smart dude. He was good last year but he’s going to stun people this season. You won’t believe the difference and he was very good last year.

The only QB’s on the list I have a problem with are Mayfield, Prescott and Fields.

Fields has one year as a starting QB in college and while he had a very good season, Haskins had an excellent season in 2018 at Ohio State and he isn’t on the list. Fields might end up being a top 10 QB in the NFL in 5 years but I think it is far too early to put him on that list.

Prescott plays on an offense which has one of the top RB’s in the NFL. The Cowboys have one of the best offensive lines in the league and quality receivers. He should have success surrounded by all that talent but I think he would be just an average QB on other teams in the NFL.

Mayfield is still a huge question mark in the NFL in my opinion and I just don’t see him being a top 10 QB in the league in 5 years.

As far as Tua is concerned. There are a lot of people outside of Dolphin fans and the Dolphin organization who question if he will hold up physically in the NFL. They also point out that Alabama‘s offense played just as well after Tua went down for the season last year as it did before he was injured.
It will be up to Tua to prove he can be a top 10 QB in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom