PressCoverage | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PressCoverage

Press....Welcome first of all....and just to let you in on things if you really haven't noticed.... i did not bash you at all, i just read the thread, absorbed and went on and waited to see if it was the real deal.... most of the "people" here on this board like to reem posters because they see so many phonies on here everyday.... its refreshing to have a new passionate fan aboard who will bring formatible info. in.... posters are very protective of there team here you cannot take any of there postings to heart...unless your an idiot that posts incorrect information..... glad to have you on board and keep us updated on all fins info...... ..to all the other posters maybe we can make him a ASK PRESS threaD????

I thought this thread was going to be about press coverage but then I find out it's somebodies name

PressCoverage said:
you were "put off"? felt "challenged"? i was "proud" of the content?

well, let's review... nevermind the respectful doubters, but here's what was said to me BEFORE i ever got "condescending":

"STFU Troll. Post a link or get your smelly a$$ outta here"
"welcome... ban?"
"another one post wonder with "breaking news" "

sorry, but i was a little "put off" by that, and spoke up about it...

as for revealing who i am, it would be better for all involved, if i didn't reveal... just know i'm a very passionate dolphins fan who does not work for the organization, but has "connections" with the press...

what you did is indefensible, even if you were right. The last 99 jacka$$es with 1 post under their name with "breaking news" were totally full of crap, therefore nobody around here accepts news without a hyperlink or an otherwise very accessible source. Sorry for the harsh language I used, but the message is still the same

why is everyone apologizing for doubting him... we still are gonna blast the next 1-post noob to come along with "breaking news," so you are pretty much all hypocrites

I don't understand the hostility towards press coverage. He got an inside scoop and reported it. He did exactly what I want people to do. I come to the message board, in part, to get info I don't have. It's not always possible to post a link, so that requirement seems ridiculous. It also seems ridiculous to base everything on post count. The concern is that there are some posters who register for the sole purpose of stirring up trouble, but there are some posters here with high post count #s who seem to primarily post to stir up trouble. The point is that post count is irrelevant. Generally, you assess the quality of the info by looking at BOTH the reliability of the poster and the likelihood of the info being accurate. When you have a post by someone with a low post count that half of the analysis is limited. But you have to look at the info. too. If you looked at the info and said it wasn't possible then you simply made a bad judgement. It is misplaced to blame the poster for your bad judgement.

rafael said:
I don't understand the hostility towards press coverage. He got an inside scoop and reported it. He did exactly what I want people to do. I come to the message board, in part, to get info I don't have. It's not always possible to post a link, so that requirement seems ridiculous. It also seems ridiculous to base everything on post count. The concern is that there are some posters who register for the sole purpose of stirring up trouble, but there are some posters here with high post count #s who seem to primarily post to stir up trouble. The point is that post count is irrelevant. Generally, you assess the quality of the info by looking at BOTH the reliability of the poster and the likelihood of the info being accurate. When you have a post by someone with a low post count that half of the analysis is limited. But you have to look at the info. too. If you looked at the info and said it wasn't possible then you simply made a bad judgement. It is misplaced to blame the poster for your bad judgement.

Man your right on with this statement. I could not agree more.

:rawk:

Personally, I will say thanks for the information, though beating the news report by 12 hours isn't really amazing. I don't know where or how you got your information, but it turned out to be good.

That being said, did you really expect people to embrace your post? People post unsubstantiated rumors constantly - such as the Jason Taylor trade rumors. Rumors being what they are, it's simply common sense not to believe rumors. It's called erring on the side of caution.

You turned out to have correct information, but we didn't know that. You have, as far as we know, no history on this board. Therefore we don't know if you're trustworthy or not. Also, the Dolphins had made no moves indicative of them losing a potential starting cornerback, such as signing a veteran for insurance. There was no reason to believe such a rumor.

Fortunately, I wasn't derogatory or insulting. I just don't understand why everybody is apologizing. These sorts of rumors pop up alot and turn out to be totally false.

flintsilver7 said:
Personally, I will say thanks for the information, though beating the news report by 12 hours isn't really amazing. I don't know where or how you got your information, but it turned out to be good.

That being said, did you really expect people to embrace your post? People post unsubstantiated rumors constantly - such as the Jason Taylor trade rumors. Rumors being what they are, it's simply common sense not to believe rumors. It's called erring on the side of caution.

You turned out to have correct information, but we didn't know that. You have, as far as we know, no history on this board. Therefore we don't know if you're trustworthy or not. Also, the Dolphins had made no moves indicative of them losing a potential starting cornerback, such as signing a veteran for insurance. There was no reason to believe such a rumor.

Fortunately, I wasn't derogatory or insulting. I just don't understand why everybody is apologizing. These sorts of rumors pop up alot and turn out to be totally false.

Yup. Reputation matters when providing news, and Presscoverage and his 1-post count didn't have it. That is simply the territory, whether he was right or wrong with the info

wonderl33t said:
Yup. Reputation matters when providing news, and Presscoverage and his 1-post count didn't have it. That is simply the territory, whether he was right or wrong with the info
Whether he was right or wrong, what gave anybody the right to call him names and slander him before anybody waited until after the time limit that he gave?

wonderl33t said:
what you did is indefensible, even if you were right. The last 99 jacka$$es with 1 post under their name with "breaking news" were totally full of crap, therefore nobody around here accepts news without a hyperlink or an otherwise very accessible source. Sorry for the harsh language I used, but the message is still the same

Yes, but unlike the first 99, Press has gained his credibility. The guy is 1 for 1. It's time to cut him some slack. As for the next newbie with breaking news getting blasted, he/she just might or might not.......but the next time that Press breaks a story, I, for one, will be taking it to heart and I would certain back him up if the "get bent" posts started flying again. Personally, I don't think that the blasting that Press took before the story is nearly as bad as the blasting he is taking by a few posters now that his story was proven. Those that are blastng him now have absolutely NO excuse.

Lungoystr said:
Yes, but unlike the first 99, Press has gained his credibility. The guy is 1 for 1. It's time to cut him some slack. As for the next newbie with breaking news getting blasted, he/she just might or might not.......but the next time that Press breaks a story, I, for one, will be taking it to heart and I would certain back him up if the "get bent" posts started flying again. Personally, I don't think that the blasting that Press took before the story is nearly as bad as the blasting he is taking by a few posters now that his story was proven. Those that are blastng him now have absolutely NO excuse.
:yeahthat:

Back
Top Bottom