Preston Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

Two years in the league and two years ending up on IR. Until he makes it through an entire season and becomes more consistent as an WR, he is just another player on the team trying to win a spot on the roster.

If the Dolphins draft a WR at 6. I expect the WR’s who will be on the field the majority of the time next year will be Fuller-Parker-the rookie WR- and Wilson. I think Bowden and Wilson will be the slot receivers. So if William makes the team, I will be surprised if he gets on the field much next season if they do draft a WR at 6.

I like Williams and Parker but every time I watch highlights of them I can’t help but see the glaring lack of YAC. We don’t have a single receiver capable of considerable yards after catch. So annoying.
If they keep Albert Wilson they do. As for Williams, I'm ok with him backing up Parker... I just don't think you should rely on both to be healthy at the same time and starting together. Williams is a hell of an insurance policy if Parker goes down. Parker and Williams... Waddle and either Wilson or Bowden... and Fuller and either Foster or a mid round stretch the field wr.

Williams WILL definitely make the team guys, C’mon! He’s young and cheap and delivers when healthy. He will be here at least 1 more season. Only way he’s gone is if we draft 2 WR and retain Wilson.

Hopefully better technique, stays on his feet, uses his hands to catch, and stays healthy.

DVP, Fuller, pick #6, and Gesicki are all better options.
Half those players either aren't on the team yet or don't play the same position.

Sweet take broo

I got my money on preston playing over parker (if parker is even on the team)

torn acl and broken foot (or whatever) and he is killing his own career?

seems like two freak serious season-enders to me.

Yep! Because every up and coming star ends their season, every year, since being in the league, with freak serious season-Enders.

Nope! Won’t have any bearings on future contracts etc.

It'd be nice to see Williams play an entire season. He's got talent and he's made some nice plays...but he also drops passes. He's not better than Parker, not even close. Williams wouldn't come close to putting up the numbers DVP put up in '19 if he was healthy. I hope he proves me wrong and has a monster season, but my $ is on him on IR by mid Nov.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom