Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Sam Madison

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Matt Turk

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
who should Ricky be there in place of? You wanna talk about a RB who plays behind a ****ty line getting shafted, Ladanian Tomlinson, who is twice the RB Priest, Clinton, Ricky, or Jamal is, should be in the pro bowl.

Who is Chambers supposed to go in place of? Chad Johnson? Marvin Harrison? Hines Ward? or Derrick Mason? Everyone one of them had 30 or more receptions more then CC. I mean I love CC and all, but lots not be total homers here. Sure Chambers WOULD BE a pro bowler with Manning or McNair, but he's not.

Originally posted by Bazinet37
Ricky was definately a snub. Personally, I think he should have made it over Clinton Portis. Ricky had virtually no run-blocking, or passing game, and he still rushed for 1300 yards, or whatever he had. Portis had an excellent run-blocking OL, and a very good passing game to help take the pressure off of him, and had about the same amount of yards if I remember correctly......

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?? First off, your numbers on Portis are a little off. He had 1591 yards, and 14 TD's in just 13 games, while averaging 5.5 yards per carry. Ricky had 1372 yards, averaging 3.5 yards a carry with 9 TD's in 16 games.
And not to be harsh, but bringing up the Portis shouldn't go over Ricky cause he had a better team around him makes about as much sense as saying Joe Montana shouldn't go to the Pro Bowl because he throws to Jerry Rice.
There's NO WAY Ricky Williams deserved to go to the Pro Bowl with what he even admits is a dissapointing season.

Originally posted by Stamos
Who is Chambers supposed to go in place of? Chad Johnson? Marvin Harrison? Hines Ward? or Derrick Mason? Everyone one of them had 30 or more receptions more then CC. I mean I love CC and all, but lots not be total homers here. Sure Chambers WOULD BE a pro bowler with Manning or McNair, but he's not.

Absolutely. Well said. Check out the stats people.... Chambers had a good year, but was beaten convincingly by the aforementioned when it came to production. The Pro bowl is not judged on performance in the face of a bad o-line, or some bad throws by QBs. It is what it is...production (or previously earned reputation).

I think Jason Taylor deserved to go he was the #2 sack leader in the AFC and had more sacks than Dwight Freeney who made the pro bowl.Taylor also had more tackles with 59 to freeney's 32.

Madison is it....everyone else was average to above average, including JT.

Forget O-Line or dumbo as the QB, production is EVERYTHING.

Madison is the only phin that earned a PB bid.

Having said that, RW probably worked HARDER then anyone on the team and really needs some help on the O-Line.....so sad to see his career go by while Wanny is the coach.

just MHO

Originally posted by Dbergan
Madison is it....everyone else was average to above average, including JT.

Forget O-Line or dumbo as the QB, production is EVERYTHING.

Madison is the only phin that earned a PB bid.

Please dear lord tell me you meant Surtain. Madison doesn't belong anywhere NEAR the pro bowl.

JT is twice the player Freeney is. Freeney is only in because of his game ag us when Smith got no help and Griese Fed

JT said it himself after one game (buff or Jets ?), that when he was not picked for the probowl he felt like he had to turn it up a notch to be noticed. So IMO he was never playing up to his potential before the PB nominees were announced...

See I remember that too. Now whether or not JT deserved to go to the PB... I really don't care too much about that. However that quote of JT's REALLY PISSED ME off. We were so close in a handful of games that if he came to play the whole season, who knows maybe we are still playing. You should never 'have to turn it up a notch'. You should ALWAYS be playing your hardest.

Sorry had to vent...

Back
Top Bottom