• Sam Madison

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Matt Turk

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Stamos
Who is Chambers supposed to go in place of? Chad Johnson? Marvin Harrison? Hines Ward? or Derrick Mason? Everyone one of them had 30 or more receptions more then CC. I mean I love CC and all, but lots not be total homers here. Sure Chambers WOULD BE a pro bowler with Manning or McNair, but he's not.

YES, definately over Hines Ward. Look at the numbers. Catches don't mean anything if you are not getting yards to go with them. 31 more catches and only 200 more yards?? 15ypc for Chambers and a weak 12.2 for Ward. Not to mention that Pittsburgh wasn't even close to making the playoffs. Mason only had 8 TDs. Chambers led the AFC in TD receptions. TD=Points. TDs ARE POINTS!! There aren't any bonus points for catches and yards.

Yeah, Ricky got snubbed. Let's say, if you would put Ricky behind Denver's or KC's offensive line and he could easily break 1800. Probably more.
If you look at the stats, Priest Holmes was only a good goaline back. Anybody can run behind Denver's offensive line (Q. Griffith, M. Anderson, O.Gary, etc.). Now if you would put Portis or Holmes behind our line, they would be lucky to get 1000 yards.
I agree that Tomlinson should have made the Pro Bowl. He's my favorite non-Dolphins player.

JT was a top five sacker this year and, in most people's opinion, was better against the run than he's ever been. In other words, he was probably the best all around DE in football last year and he isn't going to the Pro Bowl. Sad.

BTW, I don't agree that Ricky got snubbed this year as there were plenty of other RB's who were more productive in terms of total yards, YPC, and TD's. In the AFC alone I'd give Priest, Jamal, LT II, and Port-a-potty the nod ahead of Ricky. I'm not saying they're better backs, I'm simply saying they performed better this year and deserved a trip to Hawaii.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunsnroses that is not a fair view. Although it might be true, who knows, I actually think Portis is better but that is another matter. How can you rate a scenario over total numbers? It would lead a riot.

Originally posted by Stamos
who should Ricky be there in place of? You wanna talk about a RB who plays behind a ****ty line getting shafted, Ladanian Tomlinson, who is twice the RB Priest, Clinton, Ricky, or Jamal is, should be in the pro bowl.

Originally posted by jmp310

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?? First off, your numbers on Portis are a little off. He had 1591 yards, and 14 TD's in just 13 games, while averaging 5.5 yards per carry. Ricky had 1372 yards, averaging 3.5 yards a carry with 9 TD's in 16 games.
And not to be harsh, but bringing up the Portis shouldn't go over Ricky cause he had a better team around him makes about as much sense as saying Joe Montana shouldn't go to the Pro Bowl because he throws to Jerry Rice.
There's NO WAY Ricky Williams deserved to go to the Pro Bowl with what he even admits is a dissapointing season.

Damn, sorry for giving an opinion guys......:rolleyes:

Originally posted by gunsnroses
Yeah, Ricky got snubbed. Let's say, if you would put Ricky behind Denver's or KC's offensive line and he could easily break 1800. Probably more.
If you look at the stats, Priest Holmes was only a good goaline back. Anybody can run behind Denver's offensive line (Q. Griffith, M. Anderson, O.Gary, etc.). Now if you would put Portis or Holmes behind our line, they would be lucky to get 1000 yards.
I agree that Tomlinson should have made the Pro Bowl. He's my favorite non-Dolphins player.

You do realize that only 2 backs go to the Pro Bowl for each Conference...? So you're two picks are Ladanian and Ricky...?

Ladanian, yes...he deserves to be there and so does Jamal.

It's not a matter of who deserves to be there, its a matter of who deserves it the most. As much as I love Ricky he doesn't deserve it. You can't take away from other backs accomplishments and not aknowledge their performances because they had a strong supporting cast. The AFC Pro Bowl RB's should have been Ladanian and Jamal.

My Vote went to Jason, I agree with Cranx - he had a great year getting at the Quarterback while being double teamed and chip blocked all season long. He also stuffed the run very well. I believe he is the best Pass Rusher in the AFC.

You guys are not even putting attention to the strengh of schedule level. It is sad that we didn't go to the playoffs because none of those players played excellent when the game was on the line. Chris Chambers has no bussiness in the pro bowl. Jason Taylor was second in the afc in sacks but he didn't play as consistent as dwight freeney. Freeney deserved to be there.

Freeney had 11 sacks 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries and a touchdown. In his first 10 games, freeney had 10 sacks in his first 10 games. He had an injured ankle during the tennese game. Freeney was bigger of a force than many you are talking about which you clearly haven't seen him play. He's been more productive than taylor in his first two years alone with multiple digit sacks.

Jason Taylor had 5 sacks in the first 10 games. Registered no sacks in 3 straight games, and 5 games without a sack. For all the crap that they talk about taylor he didnt delivered when it most counted. Had 3 sacks against bledsoes bad line and 2 against washingtons crippled line. Also don't give me the double team crap, I saw taylor one on one many times. He isn't god at defensive end and clearly adawale aguneleye was our top defensive end.

Originally posted by Bazinet37

Damn, sorry for giving an opinion guys......:rolleyes:

Don't fret about it, there is no shame in defending Ricky Williams to any person on this board. At the same time, I doubt Ricky himself would say he deserved a spot over any of the guys who made it, let alone the best RB in football, LDT, who didn't. Ya Ricky would run for 2000+ yards in KC or Baltimore, and Dan Marino would've won 6+ superbowls as a Niner.

the pro bowl is about numbers.

None of those players had numbers better then people who are going.

This year is a bad example, but in addition to putting up the stats, you need to be able to seperate yourself from the pack of guys who've been there before. The first pro bowl is always the toughest to make. If you want to go over a guy like Marvin Harrison, your gonna need to catch atleast 10 more balls then him, for atleast 150 yards more then him. I said this year was a bad example because Chad Johnson made his first pro bowl, as did Derrick Mason I believe, I am pretty sure it was his first. AFC is sort of weak at WR, compared to the NFC.

Back
Top Bottom