Pro Football Focus: Xavien Howard Headlines Big Day for Miami Dolphins Secondary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Football Focus: Xavien Howard Headlines Big Day for Miami Dolphins Secondary

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
884897802.jpg.0.jpg

Howard nabbed two of Miami’s three interceptions, and he managed to return one of them for a touchdown. The 24-year-old corner earned an impressive grade of 94.8 from PFF—the highest grade awarded to a Dolphins player.
Pro Football Focus had this to say about Howard’s outing against the Broncos:
https://www.thephinsider.com/2017/12/4/16731788/miami-dolphins-xavien-howard-headlines-big-day

I had bobby McCain with the top grade in the game and x 2nd

for the season only 2 plus grades on o juice and Kenny stills

So now X doesnt suck because PFF says so...

Lots of us have been saying this all season, but now I'm glad that we have PFF's stamp of approval, lol.

Our secondary can be strong next season, we just need to put these kids in a position to succeed.

That's what happens when you play a team that doesn't have a QB and has packed it in for the season (sound familiar?). We were at home, hence our players were going to give the better effort.

If this game was in their house I bet the outcome would have been reversed.

I re-watched the game last night and one player that caught my eye was #75, Cameron Malveaux. I believe he just came off the practice squad. I don't know how many snaps he had and the commentating was so bad that they never really broke down a lot of individual play but on several instances I saw him push the RT right back into the QB. I think he may have drawn one of those holding penalties against the Broncos OL but I cannot be sure. For his first game, I certainly saw his bull rush.

I’m glad Howard had a good game but he wasn’t exactly blanketing receivers. He picked off a really poor pass, one the drew the ire of the announcers. The second was a great play by Phillips tipping the ball because he read the qb’s eyes and timed his jump. Hopefully Howard will gain some confidence and build upon this performance.

I’m glad Howard had a good game but he wasn’t exactly blanketing receivers. He picked off a really poor pass, one the drew the ire of the announcers. The second was a great play by Phillips tipping the ball because he read the qb’s eyes and timed his jump. Hopefully Howard will gain some confidence and build upon this performance.

I actually didn't think that pick six was that terrible a throw. It might have been late but I didn't think it was inaccurate and he made a good break on the ball. You get two picks, you get credit, regardless.

I actually didn't think that pick six was that terrible a throw. It might have been late but I didn't think it was inaccurate and he made a good break on the ball. You get two picks, you get credit, regardless.

It was late and behind the receiver. Schlereth pointed out that is was about 2 yards behind which allowed Howard to pick it off. Said the receiver was open but the throw with awful. The replay I saw makes me agree with Schlereth. Regardless he made the play that was there so yes he does deserve credit.

HOpefully this success will prove to be cathartic for Howard, instilling a level of confidence he will feed on going forward

In before that Jerry guy who says Thomas torched him all game but Simien made him look good.

He had 2 pass defensed, and only allowed 2 catches for 30 yards. Thomas and Sanders were invisible all day, so regardless of the INTs it would have been a good day for him compared to how he has played all season. Hopefully this gives him confidence going forward, but one game doesn’t make a season. I would like to see him play well against Brady and Smith, to have confidence for next year. Otherwise we need to add another CB in the first 3 rounds again.

It was late and behind the receiver. Schlereth pointed out that is was about 2 yards behind which allowed Howard to pick it off. Said the receiver was open but the throw with awful. The replay I saw makes me agree with Schlereth. Regardless he made the play that was there so yes he does deserve credit.

You may be right but I thought he was exaggerating how off it was. Two yards behind looked way off to me but regardless, he made the play on the ball. Keep in mind that Schlereth also opined how productive Kiko Alonso has been this year. I would rate Schlereth slightly above Fouts as an analyst.

Back
Top Bottom