Pro Football Focus: Xavien Howard Headlines Big Day for Miami Dolphins Secondary | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro Football Focus: Xavien Howard Headlines Big Day for Miami Dolphins Secondary

Howard has had tight coverage for the most part this season... especially the last 6 or 7 games. PFF was labeling him as one of the worst CB's in the league which was BS.

An observation - Xavien Howard (2nd round Draft pick), Cordrea Tankersley (3rd round Draft pick), Tony Lippett (5th round Draft pick) and Bobby McCain (5th round Draft pick) as our CBs and Reshad Jones (5th round Draft pick) and TJ McDonald as our core Safeties, we have some pretty good DBs for the future.
While it is easy to see some of our high draft busts, the Dolphins have got some pretty good value from some of the 5th round picks.

The truth is, SH was so bad, he made XH look good. Seriously.

But XH did make some nice plays and I have high hopes for him going forward.

Xavien had a good game and was good in coverage all day. The picks should help his confidence and hopefully we continue to see him grow and develop.

I like our young corners. McCain also has been playing well.

The pick six was not a good throw but it was not as bad as Schlereth made it out to be. It was on the inside of the WR and should have been on the outside...off by 2-3 feet...which is a lot in the NFL, but Howard made a nice break on the ball and hauled it in. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I dont take picks for granted ever...Ive seen Miami DBs drop a lot of big, "gimme" INTs, especially in the last decade.

I think Howard is a solid CB with the arrow pointing up. Other than DT, I think CB with Howard, Tank, Lippett and dare I say McCain (who has upped his game immensely the last half dozen games) is our strongest corps.

The pick six was not a good throw but it was not as bad as Schlereth made it out to be. It was on the inside of the WR and should have been on the outside...off by 2-3 feet...which is a lot in the NFL, but Howard made a nice break on the ball and hauled it in. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I dont take picks for granted ever...Ive seen Miami DBs drop a lot of big, "gimme" INTs, especially in the last decade.

I think Howard is a solid CB with the arrow pointing up. Other than DT, I think CB with Howard, Tank, Lippett and dare I say McCain (who has upped his game immensely the last half dozen games) is our strongest corps.

Yea Howard still deserves credit for making a play on the ball.

saw more upside in x last year just with less consistent technique...this year its much more consistent technique less upside

x almost had another pick on a cover 2 simien stare down his intentions in his drop even he just kept flowing under sitting on the qbs eyes

saw more upside in x last year just with less consistent technique...this year its much more consistent technique less upside

Last year I didn't see him get beat at the catch point as much, (got exposed by speed demons though)

These young guys are growing. Next week against Brady will be difficult. I want to see Howard Press and if he gets beat deep, so be it. I don't want our guys 8-9 yards off having to make the sure tackle after the catch. Challenge everything and be aggressive.

Howard needed a game like that. Hopefully, that type of play will continue. Overall, it has been a very disappointing year for him. One that has honestly made me wonder if the team should look for a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom