Pro football Weekly's annual NFL preview magazine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pro football Weekly's annual NFL preview magazine

Well if you think Madison and Surtain are top 5 corners, why are my rankings biased?

Trying to make sense of you is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

Stamos, I agree Pat is a top notch corner. Speaking of Vincent, didn't he get burned alot by Tampa in the championship game last year?

How is Champ Bailey better than Surtain? Surtain was clearly the best db in all the league last year. He wasn't just stats. He made huge play after huge play in crunch time.

If you know better, give us your rankings.

Originally posted by marcusreal
Stamos, I agree Pat is a top notch corner. Speaking of Vincent, didn't he get burned alot by Tampa in the championship game last year?

not really his fault. Tampa's long pass play to Joe J. was a mistake by the LB's....which in essence was a mistake by the coachs, who who had Levon Kirkland on the field on a passing down.

Either way, Troy Vincent is litterally on his last leg. Eagles fans refuse to believe it, but there defense was based on timing and not speed. Hugh Douglas's constant pass rush covered up Vincent and Taylor's lack of speed. Come 2003, those "probowl" corners will be covering on average 1-1.5 seconds longer each pass play.....and that is where the lack of speed will be exposed.

And for those looking at the December 15th matchup and saying, oh no, those Eagles are tough....I laugh at that. They are literally no threat to score on our defense, nor is there defense good at stopping the run.

I can't wait for the game......can't tell I am from Philly?

In a nutshell he is better b/c.....

a) The guy who plays opposite of him is not as good
b) NFC WR's are better than AFC WR's IMO.
c) His pass rush isn't nearly as good as Surtains
d) Better athlete... go ahead piss an moan, but he is IMO.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
T-Buck is not even in the top 20.

That's for sure..I think USATODAY Sports Weekly had it right:

Champ Bailey
Pat Surtain
Ty Law
Sam Madison,,they recognize he was hurt last year.
Troy Vincent
Aaron Glenn
Ronde Barber
Chris McAlister

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
How is Champ Bailey better than Surtain? Surtain was clearly the best db in all the league last year. He wasn't just stats. He made huge play after huge play in crunch time.

If you know better, give us your rankings.

Well based on last season, no one was better. Champ's pedigree as both a shut down corner and tremendous athlete make him a "consensus" top pick, when in essence its not a definable title.

Patrick showed one thing in that Raiders game, he's one hell of an athlete.....and he's one clutch performer.

Hey Patrick, remember when Eric Moulds spit on your face?

Ya, GOOD!

moulds, I'm not going to piss and moan.
That's your opinion.

But you said the wr's in the NFC are better.

Bailey faces the cowboys recievers (what a joke) , the eagles, and giants wr's twice a year each. They are not exactly wr powerhouses.

Surtain faces Moulds, used to be Price, Brown, and used to be Coles twice a year each and still put up better numbers.

Just stating the facts.

Top 20 IMO

Bailey
Woodson (when healthy)
McAllister
Barber
Surtain
Glenn
Law
Madison
Vincent
Taylor
Rolle
Winfield
Oneal
Clements
Springs
Abraham
Smoot
C. Scott
Williams
Buchanan

I did 10.... I am gonna hear hell after this I bet too.... :D

1) Ty Law
2) Champ Bailey
3) Pat Suratin
4) Charles Woodson *when healthy
5) Madison *when healthy
6) Aaron Glenn
7) Antoine Winfield (the only reason he gets teh nod over the below 4, is his hitting ability and heart... last year he covered TONY GONZALEZ and entire game and held him to one catch... Tony had 9 inches and like 70 lbs on him!)
8a) Troy Vincent (will move down this year)
8b) Ronde Barber
8c) Mike McKenzie
8d) Cris McCalister (overated)

Players to look for next season:

Nate Clements
Brian Kelly
Shawn Springs (contract year, marginally better pass rush and defense around him)
Samari Rolle (cam on strong last year... finally healthy)
Dale Carter

Back
Top Bottom