SCB - McCain
FS - Fitzpatrick & Aikens
SS - Jones & McDonald

Special Teams:

K - Sanders
P - Haack
KR/PR - Grant
LS - Denney

Who can correctly predict the 53-man roster? I challenge all of Finheaven!

Last edited:
I think of the UDFAs Miami signed, Pittman has the biggest change to stick.

He produced solid numbers in college. I thought he might get drafted in round 7.

Hopefully Poling beats out Hull for backup. He's certainly the better athlete

I'd give Escobar the nod over Darby

I think of the UDFAs Miami signed, Pittman has the biggest change to stick.

He produced solid numbers in college. I thought he might get drafted in round 7.
I also like CB Davis from Utah State - 5 INT, 4 Sacks, 15 Pass Deflections, 3 Touchdowns and a FF in 2017

I did not have him listed but Miami could keep him and start the year with 6 corners instead of 7 linebackers.

I think Garvin makes the 53 man roster at linebacker, likely beating out Hull or Poling. Garvin can play spot minuts and is a good special teams player. Gabe Wright has a better shot than Pittman. I know I'm in the minority, but I think Escobar is a much better tight end than Gray, he's better than he produced in Dallas where he was playing behind a hall-of-fame tight end. Not saying he's a star, but he's not as bad as people seem to think.

I know the list is based on what the team has now, but this team needs to add a vet corner, too much unproven youth and nobody to guide them.

Last edited:
Not bad. I would suggest some other considerations, like we may use TJ McDonald as a hybrid SS/LB starting at Sam and backed up by Allen, with Kiko manning the Will and Baker backing him up. I'll be shocked if McMillan is not our starting Mike. I think Hull and Poling are fighting for one roster spot, and I'm not sure whether we will keep Anthony on the active roster unless we have injuries.

I would say Marquies Gray has the inside track on the 3rd TE position because of his versatility to play FB. Derby, Pittman, and Armstrong will all be fighting for roster spots. I still think we add at least 1 rotational DT, so none of our DT's are really guaranteed to make the team except possibly Godchaux.

Post June 1 cuts will be interesting, as will the UDFA's and DT's who become available. Our roster is definitely not finished being turned over, IMHO.

I think Florida Atlantic Kicker (Greg Joseph) has just as good a shot of being our Kicker as Sanders. Some of his accomplishments:

• Opened the 2017 season versus Navy, his final season at FAU with a program long 54-yard field goal. He also became the program's all-time field goal leader and tied the program's most extra point record. Added another field goal a 24 yarder. His night also included five kickoffs for a total of 270 yards, four touchbacks and an average of 54.0 yards per kick
  • Broke another record, this time extra points surpassing Mark Myers with his first attempt of the day versus Wisconsin. Did not have a FGA but provided thee kickoffs for a total of 194 yards and two TBs. Averaged 64.7 yards per kick
  • Kicked six PAT to bring his consecutive streak to 100 and added a field goal versus Bethune. Provide every kickoff versus the Wildcats

I also like CB Davis from Utah State - 5 INT, 4 Sacks, 15 Pass Deflections, 3 Touchdowns and a FF in 2017

I did not have him listed but Miami could keep him and start the year with 6 corners instead of 7 linebackers.
Jalen Davis has a real chance. He was rated higher then Armstrong

Grant is there, but listed at KR/PR. I did not want to repeat names

Grant likely make the roster over Ford, but don't forget Wilson does everything Grant brings to the offense, just slightly slower but still fast. Also Amendola isn't the long threat that Grant is on punt returns but is much better at fielding them and his overall average is just as good. I just get the feeling Grant's spot isn't as secure as people seem to think.

I think Grants spot is more secured then carroo spot

I think Grants spot is more secured then carroo spot
Agreed due to special teams value. Carroo just gives you nothing. Can't play on special teams and can't get open at receiver. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford or another receiver beats him out.

I like Pittman, Davis, and McCray to potentially make the team.

Back
Top Bottom