Projected 53-man Dolphins Depth Chart | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Projected 53-man Dolphins Depth Chart

Dolphins expected roster come Week 1
Bold = Rookie
Underline = Free Agent/Trade Acquisition

Offense:

QB - Tannehill & Osweiler
RB - Drake, Gore & Ballage
LWR - Parker & Carroo
RWR - Stills
SWR - Wilson & Amendola

LT - Tunsil & Sam Young
LG - Sitton & Asiata
C - Kilgore & Brendel
RG - Davis & Larson
RT - James & Eric Smith

TE - Gesicki, Smythe, Derby & Gray

Defense:

LDE - Wake & Hayes
DT1 - Phillips & Pittman
DT2 - Godchaux & Taylor
RDE - Quinn, Branch & Harris

WLB - Baker & Anthony
MLB - Alonso, Hull & Poling
SLB - McMillan & Allen

LCB - Howard & Armstrong
RCB - Tankersley & Lippett
SCB - McCain
FS - Fitzpatrick & Aikens
SS - Jones & McDonald

Special Teams:

K - Sanders
P - Haack
KR/PR - Grant
LS - Denney

Who can correctly predict the 53-man roster? I challenge all of Finheaven!

WR and LB will be the two positions with the biggest competition happening. On your WR list you didn't even name Grant and Ford. Grant will have a big role this season and if Ford is healthy presents a tall slot option. Honestly I see those two before Carroo.

Ironically, they have ignored the run defense (up to this point) and the Patriots invested in their running game by drafting Sony Michel as well as Isaiah Wynn. Imagine trying to tackle Michel this year?

I hope we can land Hankins as that would solidify this roster IMO but there are a few others out there.

If you listen to the Dolphins talk about outside LB's, they do not really consider them "weak" or "strong". They are just "left" and "right". Both have very similar roles depending on the offensive formation. They are not switching side based on where the TE lines up so either could end up on the strong side.

The Jerome Baker pick was surprising as I was hoping they would have take one of the remaining DT's. Especially after getting the top FS. I though that would mean TJ moving to OLB. Now we have a base defense of....

ROLB: Alonso
MLB: McMillan
LOLB: Anthony

Last year it ended up being Anthony and Kiko as the nickel backers. Gase did not buy the opinion that Kiko was terrible in coverage and blamed some of his poor play as trying to make up for mistakes made by other safeties and LB's.

So who plays in the nickel this year? It should represent about 65-70% of the snaps.

Seems to me the best option in coverage would be Baker and TJ but it may end up being Kiko and Baker. Sort of a logjam at OLB. We could see TJ only playing in the base defense as a hybrid LB.

Stephone Anthony, Kiko Alonso, Jerome Baker, TJ McDonald

It should be interesting to see how this unfolds. They certainly have more options now.

Anyone concerned we have a $6M cap hit next year for a back-up strong safety? I know there has been talk of using TJ in a Nickel LB role but is that enough to justify $6M?

Anyone concerned we have a $6M cap hit next year for a back-up strong safety? I know there has been talk of using TJ in a Nickel LB role but is that enough to justify $6M?

I think once we get McDonald playing to his natural strengths and not worried about being a primary in coverage this place will really start to appreciate him more

He’s an animal when he’s allowed to play downhill, and fitz is gonna allow him to do that

Back
Top Bottom