Props To Burke | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Props To Burke

Rowdy1972

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know Burke is not great and more than likely is gone after this year but he made some good adjustments in the second half yesterday. After giving up 27 points in the first half, the defense surrender just 6 points in the second half. Have to give him a shout out.

What drives me nuts is how wide we have the front 4 spread out on obvious running situations. It drives me crazy, if he could just fix that one aspect of his scheme I wonder how good this defense would actually be.

Also, Tannehill proved yesterday he needs to be trusted with big play opportunities. He can make big plays but If we never call anything but bubble screens, Tannehill doesnt even get a chance to win us the game.

Time to let Tannehill loose and see how good he can be.

Matt Burke was really bad yesterday, I mean really bad. Tom Brady had a couple of brain farts / flat out missed throws and we got pressure in a couple of key situations.

I am not giving Matt Burke props for anything. I think he may have coached his absolute worst game of the season yesterday, and only a total choke job by the Patriots got the team out of that game alive.

I think the best chance the Dolphins have of making the playoffs is for Matt Burke to be fired right now. I bet you there are guys on that staff right now who can figure out that Kiko shouldn't be covering Edelman 1on1 on 3rd and 8. Or that Gronk shouldn't get a free release off the line on every passing down.

All hyperbole aside, and I say this with 100% complete sincerity: I bet that most fans on this site could come up with better 3rd & Long packages and coverage calls than Matt Burke does on a weekly basis. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. He actually does deserve the Olivadotti comparisons now.

Yeah about the only thing I can give him props for is dressing himself and finding his way to the stadium after watching his latest defensive “gameplan“ ....

Wanny, I don't think it is hyperbole. Fire him immediately. If we didn't get an occasional turnover, this defense would rank as the worst I've ever seen fielded by the fins -- and I lived through the Tom Olivadotti years.

Like MrChadRico, I hate the way the DL lines up with huge gaps. It is mind boggling that it is our base defense. I can understand a situational package, but base??

I know Burke is not great and more than likely is gone after this year but he made some good adjustments in the second half yesterday. After giving up 27 points in the first half, the defense surrender just 6 points in the second half. Have to give him a shout out.

Now that's pretty funny!

:)

What drives me nuts is how wide we have the front 4 spread out on obvious running situations. It drives me crazy, if he could just fix that one aspect of his scheme I wonder how good this defense would actually be.

Also, Tannehill proved yesterday he needs to be trusted with big play opportunities. He can make big plays but If we never call anything but bubble screens, Tannehill doesnt even get a chance to win us the game.

Time to let Tannehill loose and see how good he can be.

Wtf, you and half the fan base already wrote the guy off and now you want to let this bum loose? Lmao

Wanny, I don't think it is hyperbole. Fire him immediately. If we didn't get an occasional turnover, this defense would rank as the worst I've ever seen fielded by the fins -- and I lived through the Tom Olivadotti years.

Like MrChadRico, I hate the way the DL lines up with huge gaps. It is mind boggling that it is our base defense. I can understand a situational package, but base??

Right, I'm just specifically talking about the third and long packages. They're just predictably dreadful every single week. We joke around about teams having us exactly where they want us in 3rd and 9, but it's... kind of true. Dolphins do an awful job of defending the sticks and refuse to sub a lousy coverage linebacker (Alonso) out for another DB.

Our defense overall is still trash, but I don't even know how much of the blame should go to Burke. Our defense has almost 0 pass rush all season long, and typically can't stop the run either. There is almost no chance at beating a guy like Brady without a pass rush as he will pick any secondary apart.

Now I still have no idea why Kiko was covering Edelman on one play, but maybe that is dictated by the route/zone scheme idk. Our defense is terrible and almost lost the game for us yet again yesterday, just hard to know how much is talent vs coaching. I'm more curious to see if Gase has the sack to fire Burke in the off-season.

We gave up 33pts. and you are giving praise to Burke? I've got some swamp land on the market, are you interested?:shrug:

I didnt say he was ****ing Lombardi reincarnated. I hope he is gone next year. Just saying the defense played terrible in the first half and he made some adjustments in the second half that gave us a chance. Pats only scored 6 points in the second half. The reading comprehension around here is ****ing terrible.

Burke is horrific for so many reasons. Minkah is wayyy out of position and Im concerned its going to ruin his potential, R Jones should be blitzing more, he's a beast. We should have doubled Edelman. One thing that is out of Burkes control though is our D-line pass rush. It's really really bad. Wake, love that dude but he, along with Quinn, just dont have what it takes anymore

Back
Top Bottom