Q Coples is a Jest - PERRRRRFECT!!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q Coples is a Jest - PERRRRRFECT!!!!

Coples is a talented player.

I think Ingram was the obvious pick for the Jets and the better one.

But suggesting the Jets should have drafted Reiff over Couples is dumb.

I give the Coples pick a B - mostly because they could have really used a pass rusher like Ingram or Perry, and they could have still drafted a very good 5-technique in the 2nd or 3rd.

our current OC vs. our current HC. Are you saying Rex isn't one of the best HC's int he league? have Bills fans gone mad? I realize it's nice having hope for the first time since Drew Bledsoe(:lol2:, Bills fans got excited when they got Bledsoe:lol:) but you do know you have Chan gailey as your HC who is nowhere near as good of a HC as Rex is, right?

Did you get sand stuck in your vagina? Where was I bashing Rex Ryan? WTF are you talking about? I was referring to Sparano only. You have some serious issues when you can't simply read something without inventing stuff that just isn't there just because it was penned (typed, whatever) by a Bills fan. Show me where I was dogging Rex, or even where I have ever dogged him, and I'll post in my sig that I'm a know nothing d-bag. If you can't (or won't) then I'd expect you to have the common courtesy of owning up to your mistake and admitting that your were wrong. I find you very tedious and boring. You only wanna have bitch fests. You are nothing more than a ****-talker. You use selective data to fit your myopic green-only colorblindness. You "attack" almost everyone who isn't wearing Jet green.

Prove me wrong, admit you were wrong, or live your days knowing that I am fully aware you are full of ****.

Did you get sand stuck in your vagina? Where was I bashing Rex Ryan? WTF are you talking about? I was referring to Sparano only. You have some serious issues when you can't simply read something without inventing stuff that just isn't there just because it was penned (typed, whatever) by a Bills fan. Show me where I was dogging Rex, or even where I have ever dogged him, and I'll post in my sig that I'm a know nothing d-bag. If you can't (or won't) then I'd expect you to have the common courtesy of owning up to your mistake and admitting that your were wrong. I find you very tedious and boring. You only wanna have bitch fests. You are nothing more than a ****-talker. You use selective data to fit your myopic green-only colorblindness. You "attack" almost everyone who isn't wearing Jet green.

Prove me wrong, admit you were wrong, or live your days knowing that I am fully aware you are full of ****.

I can admit I'm wrong, it doesn't happen often but I apologize for taking your quote the wrong way.

The Jets have drafted well for many years now, every team has busts. If you watched Coples play and Gholston play you'd realize they don't have a lot in common.

I would worry more about how your team has drafted the past 6-7-8 years than what we are doing.

You're right, Gholston was alot better in college, breaking the single season school record for sacks. You can pretend all you like but Coples is the exact same type of player as Gholston. Coples didn't show up for games when he wasn't being paid huge $$$, I can't wait to see how he deals with game days when his bank account is flush. Any Jet fan that doesn't think this is a concern is a fool.

I'm biased b/c I am a Carolina fan too but I think Coples is going to be a good player in the NFL.

I am not concerned at all, we've hit a lot more than we have missed and rex perosnally worked out Coples in Chapel Hill. I was thrilled when he fell to us.

I'd be much more worried about Chandler Jones if I were you but I'm sure you think he's a sure thing despite never doing anything in college.

our current OC vs. our current HC. Are you saying Rex isn't one of the best HC's int he league? have Bills fans gone mad? I realize it's nice having hope for the first time since Drew Bledsoe(:lol2:, Bills fans got excited when they got Bledsoe:lol:) but you do know you have Chan gailey as your HC who is nowhere near as good of a HC as Rex is, right?

i am saying rex ryan is not one of the best coaches in the league. good coaches dont lose their locker rooms. good coaches have a pulse when their team is getting out of line. can you imagine BB having the locker room issues ryan had this year. ryan is a flash in the pan. he will be a d coordinator in 3 years. however, he is one of (if not the best) defensive coaches in the game.

I'm biased b/c I am a Carolina fan too but I think Coples is going to be a good player in the NFL.

I am not concerned at all, we've hit a lot more than we have missed and rex perosnally worked out Coples in Chapel Hill. I was thrilled when he fell to us.

I'd be much more worried about Chandler Jones if I were you but I'm sure you think he's a sure thing despite never doing anything in college.

No such thing as a sure thing in the NFL draft, but why would I be more worried about Jones? Are there dozens of stories about him doging it and checking out of games in his college playing days? Or maybe there's a dozen or more stories about his poor work ethic?? No?, well then why would I be more worried about Jones, from all accounts he loves football and in terms the "Potential", you seem to love about Coples, most scouts seem to think Jones has an equal if not higher ceiling. Time will tell what these players will become but I do know one thing from the start, countless scouts and coachs have questioned Coples motor and desire to play football, and none have had simlar concerns for Jones. I'm sure you know better than the experts. :rolleyes2:

No such thing as a sure thing in the NFL draft, but why would I be more worried about Jones? Are there dozens of stories about him doging it and checking out of games in his college playing days? Or maybe there's a dozen or more stories about his poor work ethic?? No?, well then why would I be more worried about Jones, from all accounts he loves football and in terms the "Potential", you seem to love about Coples, most scouts seem to think Jones has an equal if not higher ceiling. Time will tell what these players will become but I do know one thing from the start, countless scouts and coachs have questioned Coples motor and desire to play football, and none have had simlar concerns for Jones. I'm sure you know better than the experts. :rolleyes2:

no there are dozens of stories about him being unproductive at a football hotbed like Syracuse. He may be good but I'd be more worried about a guy who couldn't produce against weak competition in the BE than a guy who produced but not enough for some people. Remember, half of Colpes teammates were suspended the last 2 years, he was constantly double and triple team. It was more about that than being "lazy".

If no one questions Jones' motor why couldn't he produce at a lower level of college football?

no there are dozens of stories about him being unproductive at a football hotbed like Syracuse. He may be good but I'd be more worried about a guy who couldn't produce against weak competition in the BE than a guy who produced but not enough for some people. Remember, half of Colpes teammates were suspended the last 2 years, he was constantly double and triple team. It was more about that than being "lazy".

If no one questions Jones' motor why couldn't he produce at a lower level of college football?

Oh, I'm sure they voted Jones "All Big East", First team selection because he sucked. :lol: As for Coples he was quoted by his teammates and coachs as saying he wasn't worried about playing hard and only wanted to protect himself for the NFL draft. That's a fact, and speaks to the type of player he is, but then again maybe he can bunk with Homles, I'm sure it will work out just fine. :up:

Oh, I'm sure they voted Jones "All Big East", First team selection because he sucked. :lol: As for Coples he was quoted by his teammates and coachs as saying he wasn't worried about playing hard and only wanted to protect himself for the NFL draft. That's a fact, and speaks to the type of player he is, but then again maybe he can bunk with Homles, I'm sure it will work out just fine. :up:

You know Coples was 1st team all-ACC, right?

Carolina undrewent sever NCAA punishment, he saw half his team suspended. he was playing alongside guys who never would have been playing otherwise. Is it wrong to think about his future?

Jones had about 10 sacks in 3 seasons, Coples had a 10+ sack season playing against better competition but b/c the genius BB drafted him he's great, if the Jets drafted him you and many others would say he'd be the next Vernon Gholston even thouhg our draft record is better than NE's in the last 6-7 years.

You know Coples was 1st team all-ACC, right?

Carolina undrewent sever NCAA punishment, he saw half his team suspended. he was playing alongside guys who never would have been playing otherwise. Is it wrong to think about his future?

Jones had about 10 sacks in 3 seasons, Coples had a 10+ sack season playing against better competition but b/c the genius BB drafted him he's great, if the Jets drafted him you and many others would say he'd be the next Vernon Gholston even thouhg our draft record is better than NE's in the last 6-7 years.

Again your green glasses are getting in the way of the point, they could both be great or busts, but no one is wondering if Jones will still love football when he gets that big check. Spin it anyway you like, but many are wondering what will happen to Coples once he doesn't have to worry about money anymore. Oh, and what happens when Coples starts thinking about his future the first time he has a boo boo and the Jets need him to play?? The only think that trumps talent the NFL is character, and no one is questioning Jones. Oh and by the way, aside from a few bad drafts in the the last three years it may shock you to know that no team in the NFL has drafted more Pro-Bowl players over the last decade than the Patriots. Facts are bitches. :up:

Again your green glasses are getting in the way of the point, they could both be great or busts, but no one is wondering if Jones will still love football when he gets that big check. Spin it anyway you like, but many are wondering what will happen to Coples once he doesn't have to worry about money anymore. Oh, and what happens when Coples starts thinking about his future the first time he has a boo boo and the Jets need him to play?? The only think that trumps talent the NFL is character, and no one is questioning Jones. Oh and by the way, aside from a few bad drafts in the the last three years it may shock you to know that no team in the NFL has drafted more Pro-Bowl players over the last decade than the Patriots. Facts are bitches. :up:

I didn't say Jones would suck and Coples would be great so where is these "green glasses" comment coming from?

Jones loved football so much he couldn't get to the QB in the BE.

Pro bowls are meaningless, all-pros mean something. NE has hit on a few guys here and there but overall for the amount of picks they have had they have done a bad job but again have beenr esuced by Brady.

NE 2006-2011:

drafted 59 players, 4 made AP teams(one was a punter) one time each so far(Gronk should make many more) for a total of 4.

Gostkowski 1st team 2008
Mayo 1st team 2010
Vollmer 2nd team 2010
Gronkowski 1st team 2011

NYJ 2006-2011:

drafted 33 players, 4 different players made AP teams totaling 8

Washington 1st team 2008(made 2nd team in 2010 w/ Sea)
Mangold 1st team 2009, 2010, 2011
Harris 2nd team 2009
Revis 1st team 2009, 2010, 2011

which is better?

Jones produced his senior season; he just happened to miss half of it with an injury. Even if the sack numbers don't stand out he had 40 tackles in just 7 games which shows he's productive against the run. I watched plenty of his highlights and even though he didn't post big sack numbers he was still a disruptive player. People kill BB for not drafting Clay Matthews but he had the same number of sacks Jones did his senior season and that was with playing a full season (and yes, I know Pac-10/12/ competition is better than the Big East).

Back
Top Bottom