Q Coples is a Jest - PERRRRRFECT!!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q Coples is a Jest - PERRRRRFECT!!!!

They didn't trade for tebow to be our QB, they traded for him to be a weapon int he offense. 2 title game apps in 3 years equakls success no matter what way you look at it. You aren't getting that far w/ poor QB play no matter how many excuses you guys want to make.

Yeah, right. :err: Fact: Sanchez sucked last season. In fact, he sucked so bad that his best WR rebelled against his crappy play, but your infallible HC was too oblivous to notice. Unlike other Jests players and fans, Holmes knows what good QB play is, and Sanchez didn't provide it. Furthermore, Sanchez has been so successful, they're going to use another QB on as many as 1/3 of the Jests' offensive plays! Lie to yourself all you want, Junc, but Tebow will see the field as the starter in 2012.

Like any good organization they will explore any way to make the team better but every move made since the end of last season was made w/ the idea of returning Sanchez to 2010 form rather than 2011. There was no chance at all, even if we had cap room which we could have created if they really wanted him, of getting Peyton and it would have been a terrible move if they made it.

Wayne Hunter is still the starting RT. Vlad Ducasse is still his backup. In an OL-deep draft with lots of RT prospects, the Jests ignored the OL totally. They took a DE with serious questions about his attitude rather than taking the best OG prospect to come along in a decade. The WR they traded up for in the second is more of a blocker than a receiver. A 6th round RB would likely struggle to make the final cut on most teams, but probably not on the "ground and pound" Jests who have Shonn Greene as their starter.

You don't judge prospects based on #s, he was in a run first offense.

Which is why I said Hill looks to be more of a blocker than a receiver. NFL WRs are supposed to primarily catch balls, so having lots of catches would be better than not. However, since it looks like Rex and Tony are trying to abandon the forward pass, I suppose Hill is perfect. Good luck with that.

The only real hole we have is at RT but let's not forget we nearly made a SB w/ that same RT so the cupcoard isn't bare.

The problem with this thinking is that Wayne Hunter's faults have been exposed to the NFL for a full season.

This D is going to be much better for a few reasons. Rex is calling the D again which is HUGE, Wilkerson & Ellis in year 2, Coples as a rookie, a slim downed bart Scott, the return of Bryan Thomas, Landry at Safety. This D will look much more like 2009 than 2011.

:lol: Right. Your defensive front 7 is old and/or mediocre. Your FSs are non-existent. Your SSs are 1) barely NFL caliber or 2) coming off a devastating injury (Achilles tendon). Your star CB is contemplating holding out again.

offensively it was ALL about the Ol last year, mangold is healthy, Slauson was hurt most of the year and had surgery will be healthy, Moore missed all offseason will be healthy, we have deep threats to throw to on O, Greene is a quality back, Keller is a very good pass catching TE.

You're trying to create gold out of lead, but go to it, dude. None of this BS addresses the fact that you still have a QB under center who
  • has never completed 60% of his passes in a season
  • checks down rather than throws downfield, especially on third and longs
  • gets sacked too much and fumbles too frequently
  • can't make pre-snap reads
  • throws late because he can't find open receivers, resulting in INTs and passes thrown behind the receiver
  • appears detached and disinterested in the game while on the bench

I could go on, but I won't bore you.

Then there's the whole Tebow/Tebot issue. What happens to Sanchez's fragile ego when 60,000 fans are yelling "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow" after he gets sacked or throws an INT.

The jets are clearly the 2nd best team in the division on paper going into 2012, does that mean we play more like '09-'10 like we should? nope but I feel pretty good, every team has holed but the Jets don't have many right now.

Actually the Jests were an errant Tony Romo pass and a Stevie Johnson TD drop from being 6-10 like the Bills and the Fins. There's nothing "clearly" about them being the "2nd best team in the division", on paper or otherwise. Furthermore, the Jests have as many if not more holes than their division rivals.

we all know Holmes sucks, you need winners like Brandon marshall and Stevie Johnson to succeed in this league. Guys who always make big plays at key moments of games to help their teams win:lol2:

What "big plays at key moments of games to help their teams win" did Holmes make last season? I suppose it was his temper tantrum that got him benched against Miami in the season finale ... :brewskis:

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

he nearly helped two, he helped a 2nd franchise make a title game. Last year was bad w/o a doubt and he didn't perform, hopefully w/ a fire lit this year he does perform again.

Did nobody ever tell you that "close" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades?

Yeah, right. :err: Fact: Sanchez sucked last season. In fact, he sucked so bad that his best WR rebelled against his crappy play, but your infallible HC was too oblivous to notice. Unlike other Jests players and fans, Holmes knows what good QB play is, and Sanchez didn't provide it. Furthermore, Sanchez has been so successful, they're going to use another QB on as many as 1/3 of the Jests' offensive plays! Lie to yourself all you want, Junc, but Tebow will see the field as the starter in 2012.

Wayne Hunter is still the starting RT. Vlad Ducasse is still his backup. In an OL-deep draft with lots of RT prospects, the Jests ignored the OL totally. They took a DE with serious questions about his attitude rather than taking the best OG prospect to come along in a decade. The WR they traded up for in the second is more of a blocker than a receiver. A 6th round RB would likely struggle to make the final cut on most teams, but probably not on the "ground and pound" Jests who have Shonn Greene as their starter.

Which is why I said Hill looks to be more of a blocker than a receiver. NFL WRs are supposed to primarily catch balls, so having lots of catches would be better than not. However, since it looks like Rex and Tony are trying to abandon the forward pass, I suppose Hill is perfect. Good luck with that.

The problem with this thinking is that Wayne Hunter's faults have been exposed to the NFL for a full season.

:lol: Right. Your defensive front 7 is old and/or mediocre. Your FSs are non-existent. Your SSs are 1) barely NFL caliber or 2) coming off a devastating injury (Achilles tendon). Your star CB is contemplating holding out again.

You're trying to create gold out of lead, but go to it, dude. None of this BS addresses the fact that you still have a QB under center who
  • has never completed 60% of his passes in a season
  • checks down rather than throws downfield, especially on third and longs
  • gets sacked too much and fumbles too frequently
  • can't make pre-snap reads
  • throws late because he can't find open receivers, resulting in INTs and passes thrown behind the receiver
  • appears detached and disinterested in the game while on the bench

I could go on, but I won't bore you.

Then there's the whole Tebow/Tebot issue. What happens to Sanchez's fragile ego when 60,000 fans are yelling "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow" after he gets sacked or throws an INT.

Actually the Jests were an errant Tony Romo pass and a Stevie Johnson TD drop from being 6-10 like the Bills and the Fins. There's nothing "clearly" about them being the "2nd best team in the division", on paper or otherwise. Furthermore, the Jests have as many if not more holes than their division rivals.

What "big plays at key moments of games to help their teams win" did Holmes make last season? I suppose it was his temper tantrum that got him benched against Miami in the season finale ... :brewskis:

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Did nobody ever tell you that "close" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades?

Yep he sucked so bad he ws still better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Tebow is not taking 1/3 of the snaps. Don't be fooled by everything that you read. Rex said Tebow may get AS MANY as 20 snaps per game. he never said 20 as a QB, he's going to be the up man on punts, he's going to line up in the backfield behind Sanchez as a RB/FB. He'll run a few WC plays per game but not 1/3 of our plays.

Tim Tebow will only be our starter if Sanchez gets hurt.

Wayne Hunter started for us in an AFC Championship Game 2 years ago, he sucked in 2011 w/o a doubt but it's not like the man cannot play. This is the one hole that concerns me and I'm not comfortable w/ him being our starter but it could be worse.

The WR we traded up for played in a run first offense, he hasn't had the chance to catch the ball a lot. He'll be a deep threat and a great blocker for us- much like Braylon was hopefully.

Shonn Green averaged over 4 YPC w/ a bad OL in 2011. It's not like he's CJ Spiller and we used a top 10 pick on him.

Our DL is going to be outstanding and we have good LBs. Our front 7 will be pretty good.

Let's see if revis holds out, nothing has been indictaed either way. Eric Smith was hurt last year, he'll be healthy(to start the year) this year, much like Hunter he started for us in a conf title game just 2 years ago.

Sanchez was excellent throwing downfield when he had Braylon, he didn't have a guy that could get downfield and he didn't have the time to throw it downfield.

all of those bullet points are perceptions except the comp %.

Mark has a fragile ego now? last year he responded to pre game boos by throwing 4 TDs. That doesn't seem fragile to me.

his 38 yd TD sealed the Miami game
he caught the GW TD against your Bills at the Meadowlands
His TD at Orchard park seperated the two teams in what was a close game at the time before the Jets humiliated Buf again.
He scored the GW TD at Washington

2 late GW TDs in a bad season isn't bad, right? that's probably 2 more than Stevie for his career.

blah, blah, blah and Buf was an a dropped INT from losing to Oak, and 2 INT returns from possibly losing to NE/Philly. The Jets WON those games.

The Jets have won their last 5 against Buf by an average score of 30-14
The Jets have won 12 more reg season games the last 3 years and were still 2 games ahead of Buf in '11 despite having a "bad" year while Buf had a good year for them.

I guess close only counts when Stevie drops game winning TD catches?

Tebow is not taking 1/3 of the snaps. Don't be fooled by everything that you read. Rex said Tebow may get AS MANY as 20 snaps per game. he never said 20 as a QB, he's going to be the up man on punts, he's going to line up in the backfield behind Sanchez as a RB/FB. He'll run a few WC plays per game but not 1/3 of our plays.

Wayne Hunter started for us in an AFC Championship Game 2 years ago, he sucked in 2011 w/o a doubt but it's not like the man cannot play. This is the one hole that concerns me and I'm not comfortable w/ him being our starter but it could be worse.

The WR we traded up for played in a run first offense, he hasn't had the chance to catch the ball a lot. He'll be a deep threat and a great blocker for us- much like Braylon was hopefully.

Shonn Green averaged over 4 YPC w/ a bad OL in 2011. It's not like he's CJ Spiller and we used a top 10 pick on him.

Our DL is going to be outstanding and we have good LBs. Our front 7 will be pretty good.

Let's see if revis holds out, nothing has been indictaed either way. Eric Smith was hurt last year, he'll be healthy(to start the year) this year, much like Hunter he started for us in a conf title game just 2 years ago.

Sanchez was excellent throwing downfield when he had Braylon, he didn't have a guy that could get downfield and he didn't have the time to throw it downfield.

Mark has a fragile ego now? last year he responded to pre game boos by throwing 4 TDs. That doesn't seem fragile to me.

His TD at Orchard park seperated the two teams in what was a close game at the time before the Jets humiliated Buf again.

2 late GW TDs in a bad season isn't bad, right? that's probably 2 more than Stevie for his career.

blah, blah, blah and Buf was an a dropped INT from losing to Oak, and 2 INT returns from possibly losing to NE/Philly. The Jets WON those games.

The Jets have won 12 more reg season games the last 3 years and were still 2 games ahead of Buf in '11 despite having a "bad" year while Buf had a good year for them.

More comparing stacks of cow**** to another if you ask me

Promise you won't throw yourself off a bridge by week 3 - would you write a contract with us not to hurt yourself when your projections prove false?

Promise you won't throw yourself off a bridge by week 3 - would you write a contract with us not to hurt yourself when your projections prove false?

I will never post again on this site if Tebow is starting over Sanchez by week 3 if Sanchez is healthy. That will hurt the site so maybe that's a bad bet but think of a good one and I'll bet you. There is a better chance Miami wins the next 6 Super Bowls than Tebow beating out a healthy Sanchez.

junc, let's be honest. I'm one of the few Dolphin fans in the world who likes Sanchez and believes that he's a capable starter in this league.

But you can't disagree that Tim Tebow has the biggest individual "cult-like" following in professional sports today. Quite possibly the biggest in professional sports history. This dude is a MEGASTAR outside of football. I hate the Florida Gators more than anything I've ever hated in my life and for damn good reason.

And it's difficult even for me to dislike Tim Tebow. I find myself rooting for that guy every single week.

So if Mark Sanchez has even one bad quarter in his first game at home...the rally cries for Tebow will come very quickly. And once that happens, it's a snowball effect. ESPECIALLY in New York. The New York media will go ballistic with this because it's so entertaining and so appealing to a large group of people from a national standpoint.

I know that the Jets fanbase and even the Jets organization themselves would love to be on the back page of the New York Post ever single week and Tim Tebow is the one guy who can make it happen. I'm not saying that the back page should be a high priority, but these are all the things that Tim Tebow can bring to the Jets. He's more than a football player for a lousy 60 minutes. He's loved and well received and because of all of this that I have mentioned, it won't take much for Tebow to take this job from Sanchez despite Sanchez even on his worst day being twice the QB that Tebow will ever be on his best day.

I wouldn't even blink if Tebow was announced the starter by week three. And in a lot of ways I really hope it happens. #1 it makes you guys worse than you already are lol. #2 I like Mark Sanchez and I think he needs to get the hell out of New York if he ever wants to make it in this league. It's just not the right place for him IMO.

I will never post again on this site if Tebow is starting over Sanchez by week 3 if Sanchez is healthy. That will hurt the site so maybe that's a bad bet but think of a good one and I'll bet you. There is a better chance Miami wins the next 6 Super Bowls than Tebow beating out a healthy Sanchez.

It would hurt the site? :lol:

Me leaving this site forever would make no difference to anyone here. Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Me leaving this site forever would make no difference to anyone here. Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

junc is a good dude...but most people would be thankful that he left I think lol.

That's not a knock on junc...but some people here treat their little corner of the Internet like it's ****ing Los Angeles gang territory.

junc, let's be honest. I'm one of the few Dolphin fans in the world who likes Sanchez and believes that he's a capable starter in this league.

But you can't disagree that Tim Tebow has the biggest individual "cult-like" following in professional sports today. Quite possibly the biggest in professional sports history. This dude is a MEGASTAR outside of football. I hate the Florida Gators more than anything I've ever hated in my life and for damn good reason.

And it's difficult even for me to dislike Tim Tebow. I find myself rooting for that guy every single week.

So if Mark Sanchez has even one bad quarter in his first game at home...the rally cries for Tebow will come very quickly. And once that happens, it's a snowball effect. ESPECIALLY in New York. The New York media will go ballistic with this because it's so entertaining and so appealing to a large group of people from a national standpoint.

I know that the Jets fanbase and even the Jets organization themselves would love to be on the back page of the New York Post ever single week and Tim Tebow is the one guy who can make it happen. I'm not saying that the back page should be a high priority, but these are all the things that Tim Tebow can bring to the Jets. He's more than a football player for a lousy 60 minutes. He's loved and well received and because of all of this that I have mentioned, it won't take much for Tebow to take this job from Sanchez despite Sanchez even on his worst day being twice the QB that Tebow will ever be on his best day.

I wouldn't even blink if Tebow was announced the starter by week three. And in a lot of ways I really hope it happens. #1 it makes you guys worse than you already are lol. #2 I like Mark Sanchez and I think he needs to get the hell out of New York if he ever wants to make it in this league. It's just not the right place for him IMO.

I agree Tebow has a cult following but I'm pretty confident Rex isn't going to bow down to pressure from tebow fans. Rex knows what sanchez can do and he's not going to give up on him if he has a bad qtr or bad game. Remember, Sanchez has been a really good 4th qtr QB too and has more comeback wins than Tebow so while tebows greatest strength is his play late in games Sanchez hs been better.

The jets want to be on the backpages for the right reasons. In the 90s w/ Rich Kotite the Jets dominated the backpages for futility, they don't want that. They want to dominate the headlines the way they did in '09 &'10 and the only way to do that is to win and Mark Sanchez gives the jets the best chance to win.

If Mark Sanchez is healthy and tim tebow starts week 3 I will be shocked like I have never been shocked before. I just can't see that happening, if it does I will be as disappointed in this team as I have ever been.

I didn't say the site would shut down but it wouldn't be the same and it would hurt the board. I think losing any regular would hurt the board.

Since the Jests play the Bills with their revamped DL in week 1 and the always blitz-happy Steelers in week 2, there's a distinct possibility that Sanchez won't be healthy for week 3, especially with the Jests dynamic duo of Wayne Hunter and Vlad Ducasse at RT. :lol:

Seriously, you are underestimating Tebowmania as well as the Jets' desire for publicity. Ask Kyle Orton.

Since the Jests play the Bills with their revamped DL in week 1 and the always blitz-happy Steelers in week 2, there's a distinct possibility that Sanchez won't be healthy for week 3, especially with the Jests dynamic duo of Wayne Hunter and Vlad Ducasse at RT. :lol:

Seriously, you are underestimating Tebowmania as well as the Jets' desire for publicity. Ask Kyle Orton.

Again, the Jets desire for publicity has to do w/ WINNING. Mark gives us the best chance to win.

There's no way mark can take more of a beating than he took last year even against "great" teams like Buffalo.

Back
Top Bottom