Q Coples is a Jest - PERRRRRFECT!!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Q Coples is a Jest - PERRRRRFECT!!!!

After wasting a boatload of 2nd round picks on QBs who never amounted to anything the fins decided to change things up this year.

This time they threw away a 1st round pick on a 2nd round QB.

And then pissed away the rest of their draft.

Too funny.

Sanchez was a better prospect coming out than tannehill is and Sanchez has already proven to be a successful starting QB. I'm not saying you made a mistake but to call him the BPA at that point isn't one I would agree with.

Sanchez has NOT "proven to be a successful starting QB". If he actually had, the Jests wouldn't have traded for Timmie Tebow.

After wasting a boatload of 2nd round picks on QBs who never amounted to anything the fins decided to change things up this year.

This time they threw away a 1st round pick on a 2nd round QB.

And then pissed away the rest of their draft.

Too funny.

lol....meanwhile the jets got a guy who will be a beast on the DL and a WR who also has tremendous upside. the fins fans will wind up hating this draft. tannehill is a project who might be good in 2015.

Sanchez has NOT "proven to be a successful starting QB". If he actually had, the Jests wouldn't have traded for Timmie Tebow.

So why would a team like the Packers be interested in trading for Tebow? The Jets didn't bring Tebow in to be their starting QB... They brought him in because hes a good football player and they hope hes a strong positive presence in the locker room. The Jets brought in all high character guys this offseason for the most part.. I think they realized they let too many quality leaders go for cancer players.

Sanchez does have to prove more, hes got to cut down on the turnovers for one. But every season he has shown statistical improvements. The amount of fumbles that resulted in turnovers was unlucky last season, Matt Moore fumbled way more than Sanchez in less games but lost less.

I am really excited about adding Stephen Hill, he gives the Jets a big explosive WR that they lacked last season. Hes raw but he still can help this year, hes a great blocker and has elite talent. I feel like our Wrs might be the most talented group top to bottom that we have had for Sanchez. There is only 1 diva in the group with Holmes, the rest are high character guys. But that doesn't mean they will produce that way, I don't expect Hill to dominate the league right away as he needs to develop a route tree. But you can't teach speed and athleticism.

Its funny that Dolphin fans are talking smack, when their draft was probably the worst of the division. Have fun with Tannehill throwing the ball to Bess and Hartline.

The more I read about Coples, the more it sounds like hes not Gholston. The UNC program was a mess. This guy isn't drafted to play OLB either. I think the Jets still will have the best defense in the division, if Landry can stay healthy and Coples pans out, this defense can be sick. Especially with Rex being more involved with the defense this year, last season he wasn't as hands on with the defense.

So why would a team like the Packers be interested in trading for Tebow? The Jets didn't bring Tebow in to be their starting QB... They brought him in because hes a good football player and they hope hes a strong positive presence in the locker room. The Jets brought in all high character guys this offseason for the most part.. I think they realized they let too many quality leaders go for cancer players.

Sanchez does have to prove more, hes got to cut down on the turnovers for one. But every season he has shown statistical improvements. The amount of fumbles that resulted in turnovers was unlucky last season, Matt Moore fumbled way more than Sanchez in less games but lost less.

I am really excited about adding Stephen Hill, he gives the Jets a big explosive WR that they lacked last season. Hes raw but he still can help this year, hes a great blocker and has elite talent. I feel like our Wrs might be the most talented group top to bottom that we have had for Sanchez. There is only 1 diva in the group with Holmes, the rest are high character guys. But that doesn't mean they will produce that way, I don't expect Hill to dominate the league right away as he needs to develop a route tree. But you can't teach speed and athleticism.

Its funny that Dolphin fans are talking smack, when their draft was probably the worst of the division. Have fun with Tannehill throwing the ball to Bess and Hartline.

The more I read about Coples, the more it sounds like hes not Gholston. The UNC program was a mess. This guy isn't drafted to play OLB either. I think the Jets still will have the best defense in the division, if Landry can stay healthy and Coples pans out, this defense can be sick. Especially with Rex being more involved with the defense this year, last season he wasn't as hands on with the defense.

First off, I'm NOT a Miami fan. I'm a Bills fan.

Second, the last time I looked, except for Hill, the Jests have NOT filled any of their major holes in FA or in the draft. Even Hill is questionable in that he had 49 career catches, a number most good college WRs surpass in a single year. It looks like he may have been brought in to block rather than catch. :idk:

Wayne Hunter is still the starting RT. The OGs are still old and/or mediocre. Shonn Greene is still the only RB of note on the team. Coples is may improve the Jets pass rush marginally. The Jets are depending upon Ellis and Laron Landry at strong safety, even though Landry's achilles injury may or may not be good to go. The Jets still don't have any veteran at FS.

Oh, yeah, and the Jests are still bumping up against the salary cap thanks to the big salaries/bonuses they gave to mediocre players like Sanchez and Holmes.

FTR, it was problems on the offense and in the locker room that clueless Rex missed. The problem with the Jests defense last season was that schemes can't compensate for significant talent deficiences forever.

this makes me laugh. coples has a TON of talent. this is the kind of guy i would NOT want on the opposing team. but whatever. tannehill might be good in 2015......but probably not

Of course. Anyone on the Jets = talented and successful. Anyone on the Dolphins = might be good but not for at least three years

This is the thinking that makes no sense considering the Jets lack of success in Super Bowls since 1969. The same as Miami since 1973.

lol....meanwhile the jets got a guy who will be a beast on the DL and a WR who also has tremendous upside. the fins fans will wind up hating this draft. tannehill is a project who might be good in 2015.

Again. Everything Jets...good with no doubts. Everything Dolphins.....bad with no doubts.

It's one thing to be a rival fan of a rival team but jesus christ sometimes it does make sense to be sensible in discussions.

NO matter what the Jets, Bills or Dolphins did in the draft, we all suck compared to the Pats draft. :rolleyes2: They get praised for drafting a guy that was projected to be an UDFA

Second, the last time I looked, except for Hill, the Jests have NOT filled any of their major holes in FA or in the draft. Even Hill is questionable in that he had 49 career catches, a number most good college WRs surpass in a single year. It looks like he may have been brought in to block rather than catch. :idk:

Wayne Hunter is still the starting RT. The OGs are still old and/or mediocre. Shonn Greene is still the only RB of note on the team. Coples is may improve the Jets pass rush marginally. The Jets are depending upon Ellis and Laron Landry at strong safety, even though Landry's achilles injury may or may not be good to go. The Jets still don't have any veteran at FS.

Oh, yeah, and the Jests are still bumping up against the salary cap thanks to the big salaries/bonuses they gave to mediocre players like Sanchez and Holmes.

FTR, it was problems on the offense and in the locker room that clueless Rex missed. The problem with the Jests defense last season was that schemes can't compensate for significant talent deficiences forever.
But... But... Holmes is a Super Bowl MVP.:sarcon:

They didn't trade for tebow to be our QB, they traded for him to be a weapon int he offense. 2 title game apps in 3 years equakls success no matter what way you look at it. You aren't getting that far w/ poor QB play no matter how many excuses you guys want to make.

That's because they didn't have the cap room thanks to the fat contracts they handed out to the likes of Sanchez and Holmes. :hclap:

Like any good organization they will explore any way to make the team better but every move made since the end of last season was made w/ the idea of returning Sanchez to 2010 form rather than 2011. There was no chance at all, even if we had cap room which we could have created if they really wanted him, of getting Peyton and it would have been a terrible move if they made it.

You don't judge prospects based on #s, he was in a run first offense.

The only real hole we have is at RT but let's not forget we nearly made a SB w/ that same RT so the cupcoard isn't bare.

This D is going to be much better for a few reasons. Rex is calling the D again which is HUGE, Wilkerson & Ellis in year 2, Coples as a rookie, a slim downed bart Scott, the return of Bryan Thomas, Landry at Safety. This D will look much more like 2009 than 2011.

offensively it was ALL about the Ol last year, mangold is healthy, Slauson was hurt most of the year and had surgery will be healthy, Moore missed all offseason will be healthy, we have deep threats to throw to on O, Greene is a quality back, Keller is a very good pass catching TE.

The jets are clearly the 2nd best team in the division on paper going into 2012, does that mean we play more like '09-'10 like we should? nope but I feel pretty good, every team has holed but the Jets don't have many right now.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

But... But... Holmes is a Super Bowl MVP.

we all know Holmes sucks, you need winners like Brandon marshall and Stevie Johnson to succeed in this league. Guys who always make big plays at key moments of games to help their teams win:lol2:

we all know Holmes sucks, you need winners like Brandon marshall and Stevie Johnson to succeed in this league. Guys who always make big plays at key moments of games to help their teams win:lol2:
Won't get an argument out of me about Marshall. Never wanted him in the first place. But Holmes has only helped one team to the Super Bowl, not two. :D

Won't get an argument out of me about Marshall. Never wanted him in the first place. But Holmes has only helped one team to the Super Bowl, not two. :D

he nearly helped two, he helped a 2nd franchise make a title game. Last year was bad w/o a doubt and he didn't perform, hopefully w/ a fire lit this year he does perform again.

The only real hole we have is at RT but let's not forget we nearly made a SB w/ that same RT so the cupcoard isn't bare.

With just one hole you have on the team does this mean they're a shoo-in for AFC Conference Champ?

Back
Top Bottom